GHOST S1 - When both size & performance matters

Not too familiar with his videos but quite disappointing, hardly showed off the internals or got creative inside which most people want to see.
Poor case. :(

I checked the video on youtube.

He liked this case very much and only good info was the Cpu temps in game and prime95 vs Ncase M1.

No build video and fast showed the inside of the Case.

Best video so far on info and real build are Sweclockers, Jonas.

All pr are good for Loque and more people know about is good, but after the Kickstarter is dissapointing.

Not too familiar with his videos but quite disappointing, hardly showed off the internals or got creative inside which most people want to see.
Poor case. :(

Totally agree...
Generalistic channels aren t the best ones to show off an expensive case.

when deciding to whom send this case i suggest you to not tunnel vision on the number of subscribers alone but to focus on their demographic too..

nexusgamers or science studio are more hardware focused channels and i'm quite confident that each one of them, while having just a fraction of the subscribers of this youtuber, has a much bigger share of possible costumers for your case.

jayz2cent is another great channel where to advertise your case and it was a great choice from you.

btw I know that it s not up to me to decide to whom you should send a case....but i just wanted to suggest you to not focus too much on the number of subscribers as demographic is more important.

PS: when i saw him spray paining the case with that glossy red i immediately though about how hard you guys are working in order to get a nice white that isn t glossy and preserve the premium feeling at the touch :smuggrin:

Last edited:
Although he was very positive about the case, was doing a custom Supreme paint job on it prior to his promotion really what Louqe were after? I mean his comments are a bunch of people saying they hate Supreme sheeple. I suppose any promotion is better than none, but I'd be a little miffed if it was my product.

Surely not the best value out of a production unit (pretty sure there we're recommendations for a German website reviewer), but I'm sure it hit the eyes of people who are outside the hardcore crowd, meanwhile we have Jay and HWC to satisfy the rest of us.

I'm sure Dmitry will give it a lot of intricate attention if he ends up liking the case, which I'm sure he will since he's been griping about the size of cases recently and frankly the prototype is just a dam solid case.

I'm sorry if I'm repeating a question (including my own), but I don't understand why the PSU extension connector has to be so huge. The M1 and the A4-SFX both use much slimmer connectors. Then you can mount the PSU higher and make room for a 120mm AIO under it. Would this be possible for version 2?

Then you can mount the PSU higher and make room for a 120mm AIO under it.
I can tell you this isn't possible with the current dimensions. 120mm AIO rads are between 152-160mm long, so add that to the motherboard at 170mm and you're already at 322-330mm, while the entire case is only 320mm deep. After accounting for material thickness and a little space between components, you're looking at a minimum depth of more like 340mm.

I can tell you this isn't possible with the current dimensions. 120mm AIO rads are between 152-160mm long, so add that to the motherboard at 170mm and you're already at 322-330mm, while the entire case is only 320mm deep. After accounting for material thickness and a little space between components, you're looking at a minimum depth of more like 340mm.

I see, thanks for clearing that up. So that assumption was bit of a stretch on my part, but I still think the power connector is unnecessarily large and the PSU can be moved up, then you'd have more room for cable management and the cables won't interfere with the bottom fan as much if you choose to install one.

I see, thanks for clearing that up. So that assumption was bit of a stretch on my part, but I still think the power connector is unnecessarily large and the PSU can be moved up, then you'd have more room for cable management and the cables won't interfere with the bottom fan as much if you choose to install one.
Yes, if it s possible it s a good idea.
Extra free space on an itx case is always nice

Another thought regarding this -- a 120mm AIO won't fit, but a 92mm will, as with the A4-SFX v2. Moving up the PSU would allow for this. Either way, that giant connector looks like it's out of the 1930s, should definitely be replaced with a low-profile version if possible.

I know the top-hats are meant for water cooling, but I think if you can get very good cooling without top-hats that would make the case that much more desirable, as with the largest top-hat it approaches the size of the M1, which has more functionality pound for pound I think.

Another thought regarding this -- a 120mm AIO won't fit, but a 92mm will, as with the A4-SFX v2. Moving up the PSU would allow for this. Either way, that giant connector looks like it's out of the 1930s, should definitely be replaced with a low-profile version if possible.

I know the top-hats are meant for water cooling, but I think if you can get very good cooling without top-hats that would make the case that much more desirable, as with the largest top-hat it approaches the size of the M1, which has more functionality pound for pound I think.
It takes 2 large top hats to reach the volume of the ncase

I missed the Kickstarter, I didn’t see the deadline
Don't worry too much about it. It will hit retail, just a little later this year as I understand it. You will just have to wait a little longer. I remember how it felt when I missed the kickstarter for the NCase M1.. soo bummed!

Some folks from germany here?

NH-L12 is currently very cheap on ebay.

NH-L9x65 as well.

Those 2 are not new. But they just have little scratches or they are from customers who send those back and so the seal is broken. I got one from them some weeks ago and mine was in awesome condition! Never used and perfectly packed. And the best thing: if you don't like it you could send it back and they cover those shiping costs!

What's this e-mail about collaborations? Is it just the open-source stuff you planned to release, or is it to follow design updates? Can you please explain? Thanks.

Not sure either, all that should be left for them to do is apply those doc changes and get to getting them made.
Not sure whats left to discuss, but I'm sure for Louqe consolidating Hardforum/KS/SFForums/LLT/Sweden Thread users into one place will be less of a headache down the road.

I'm sorry if I'm repeating a question (including my own), but I don't understand why the PSU extension connector has to be so huge. The M1 and the A4-SFX both use much slimmer connectors. Then you can mount the PSU higher and make room for a 120mm AIO under it. Would this be possible for version 2?

Yes, if it s possible it s a good idea.
Extra free space on an itx case is always nice

Their latest PDF states that they will be adding an additional higher position for the psu.

I believe it has been discussed here already. We are using an LP C13 power plug in the production model. It is what allows us to add the third PSU position (top position will not allow for easy water pipe routing)

As far as we know, any 120 AIO will perform worse than the L12, both in therms of temps and noise so mounting a 92 AIO just doesn’t make sense, or does it?

Also (don’t remember if it has been posted here) we are looking at a very exciting graphene based material that has 175% higher conductivity than copper for a new generation of CPU coolers. This material will be globally announced in February.

What's this e-mail about collaborations? Is it just the open-source stuff you planned to release, or is it to follow design updates? Can you please explain? Thanks.

Not sure either, all that should be left for them to do is apply those doc changes and get to getting them made.
Not sure whats left to discuss, but I'm sure for Louqe consolidating Hardforum/KS/SFForums/LLT/Sweden Thread users into one place will be less of a headache down the road.

The collaboration platform will work as a channel to communicate with backers (and others) more efficiently than through email. Add-one will be discussed and developed and STEP-files shared. It will be a very transparent area where we will be able to publish progress in one area more efficiently.

As far as we know, any 120 AIO will perform worse than the L12, both in therms of temps and noise so mounting a 92 AIO just doesn’t make sense, or does it?

Also (don’t remember if it has been posted here) we are looking at a very exciting graphene based material that has 175% higher conductivity than copper for a new generation of CPU coolers. This material will be globally announced in February.
are you confident that these new coolers will be available in so quickly?
usualy when something like that get announced it takes years before an actual practical application with human prices.

pluss do you think that this possible new radiator could be used for both cpu and gpu?

Do you mean in the Ghost S1 or in general? I think in general a 120mm AIO outperforms an L12, especially if it's a thicker radiator. With limited airflow in the S1 though, I can see how it would be equal or worse. Also, the L12 is going away. Regardless, I think having mounting holes for a 92mm fan there can't hurt in a future revision.

On an unrelated note, I think solid window/TG panels would be very appealing in this case. You can install a small or medium tophat on the bottom and have filtered bottom-to-top airflow and have fully sealed panels. You can then have a tiny case with windows and good airflow/dust management, which is the elusive trifecta. I think windows will definitely widen the appeal of the case, I'd love to see them in the future.

Do you mean in the Ghost S1 or in general? I think in general a 120mm AIO outperforms an L12, especially if it's a thicker radiator. With limited airflow in the S1 though, I can see how it would be equal or worse. Also, the L12 is going away. Regardless, I think having mounting holes for a 92mm fan there can't hurt in a future revision.

On an unrelated note, I think solid window/TG panels would be very appealing in this case. You can install a small or medium tophat on the bottom and have filtered bottom-to-top airflow and have fully sealed panels. You can then have a tiny case with windows and good airflow/dust management, which is the elusive trifecta. I think windows will definitely widen the appeal of the case, I'd love to see them in the future.

Ugh don't tempt me lol.
I've been thinking about doing just that for my build. It'll limit cooler options even more (I have a NH-l12 coming and don't think it would be effective in that case where the metal is right up on the glass) and I wonder if A12x15 in a small tophat could handle providing enough airflow granted even though they are right next to the components. Wouldnt the PSU also be starving for air?
Wonder if blower GPU would be better for that scenario.
Also hoping for 11xx gpu release around that time more power efficient GPUS and hopefully maybe 1080's with one 8-pin PCI connecter (I hate double gpu connections).

Really pains me we didn't hit 150% funded.

Ugh don't tempt me lol.
I've been thinking about doing just that for my build. It'll limit cooler options even more (I have a NH-l12 coming and don't think it would be effective in that case where the metal is right up on the glass) and I wonder if A12x15 in a small tophat could handle providing enough airflow granted even though they are right next to the components. Wouldnt the PSU also be starving for air?
Wonder if blower GPU would be better for that scenario.
Also hoping for 11xx gpu release around that time more power efficient GPUS and hopefully maybe 1080's with one 8-pin PCI connecter (I hate double gpu connections).

Really pains me we didn't hit 150% funded.

Yeah, you would be sacrificing some performance for sure. I don't think you can orient the L12 with fins vertically, so the only way I see it working is if you orient the fan to exhaust away from the motherboard, then you feed it with the bottom fans and the exhaust comes out the sides of the cooler and eventually gets pushed up and out. Definitely not ideal, but maybe would still perform better than an L9x65? If not, you gotta go L9x65. And yes, blower style would definitely perform better in that situation. And maybe you go medium top-hat with 25mm fans. But hey... Under 10L case with proper dust management and dual windows. You gotta decide if it's worth it to you.

All very hypothetical at this point unless you want to do the mod yourself.

just watched the dan2d video and thought it was fine. He straight out said it is his favorite sff case even before retail release and explained why. He didn't do an in-depth build type review ala hardwarecanucka etc, but that isn't what Dan does or why he's popular. It feels like we're being overly protective and harsh.

Last edited:
Someone should tell Jay that 600W for SFX-L is no big deal. But it'll probably be quieter with the 120mm fan.

Can someone help me out -- on the Ghost S1 site, the dimensions are listed as 188 x 140 x 322 mm. When you multiply these numbers you get 8.475L. But the volume of the case is listed as 8.2L. Why the discrepancy, is one internal volume and the other external?

Someone should tell Jay that 600W for SFX-L is no big deal. But it'll probably be quieter with the 120mm fan.

Can someone help me out -- on the Ghost S1 site, the dimensions are listed as 188 x 140 x 322 mm. When you multiply these numbers you get 8.475L. But the volume of the case is listed as 8.2L. Why the discrepancy, is one internal volume and the other external?

Think its the external mesurements listed on the site.

Probably with and without feets

What the crap is up with these GPU prices? I’m never paying over over MSRP but these prices are crazy inflated... is mining that popular now? Is this ever gonna change?

What the crap is up with these GPU prices? I’m never paying over over MSRP but these prices are crazy inflated... is mining that popular now? Is this ever gonna change?

Yeah it's nuts. I'm tempted to sell my 1080ti for $800 since I got for $580 during the jet.com summer percent-based coupon madness, and then get a 1080 or 1070ti so that I can get a SF450 rather than SF600 when the ghost s1 arrives.

edit- or maybe just mine for 2 months instead ;]

Last edited:
Yeah it's nuts. I'm tempted to sell my 1080ti for $800 since I got for $580 during the jet.com summer percent-based coupon madness, and then get a 1080 or 1070ti so that I can get a SF450 rather than SF600 when the ghost s1 arrives.

edit- or maybe just mine for 2 months instead ;]

Why are you switching PSUs? I have the SF600 and plan on using it in the Ghost.

Why are you switching PSUs? I have the SF600 and plan on using it in the Ghost.

My computer is currently in a core 500 using a 650W G3. I don't play any games besides Heroes of the Storm anymore, so the 1080ti isn't being put to real use. Selling the 1080ti would pay for the ghost s1 + 1070ti/1080. SF450 over SF600 simply because it's cheaper and 1080/1070ti's have much less draw.

are you confident that these new coolers will be available in so quickly?
usualy when something like that get announced it takes years before an actual practical application with human prices.

pluss do you think that this possible new radiator could be used for both cpu and gpu?

We have involved SIGMA anf FLEX in this cooler project that will start in march together with the Swedish company that has developed the material. Naturally we don't know how long this will take to bring to the market but with huge players such as SIGMA and FLEX with us on this we should have the best possible conditions to make it fast. Guessing late 2018 /early 2019

I mean it is simply quieter and keeps an 8700k cool enough. With defensive fan setting you'll never hear it if you can live with temps getting close to 80 C

Check out Faggans build, he is modding the side panels as we speak and mounting TG on them. We have this as an add-on and if has proven to be very popular in the survey.

https://www.sweclockers.com/forum/post/17218273

The provided volume of the case on the homepage is the actual case volume everything included. It is not a perfect cube so it not as simple as multiplying the outer most dimension (188 x 140 x 322 mm) but take the projected area of the case and multiply it by the full height 188mm. Top area (vent holes included) 43.740 mm2 = 8,22 L

Shameless reposting for more backers! Want to make sure the core crowd knows if they missed the KS.

Qouted from Newsletter

"SLACKER BACKER"
AVAILABLE SOON

Dear friends and fans!

We have been getting hundreds of requests to jump on the “Ghost-train” since the Kickstarter campaign ended. We have discussed the possibility to do a “slacker backer” run, to allow more of you into the very first batch of Ghosts and be among the first in the world to enjoy the Ghost. We will treat you as “backers”, ambassadors, and advisors. This means that we are hoping for your engagement to help us make a real difference in the market. Many other projects, add-ons, graphene cooler and material alternatives will be bounced off of you within the next couple of months. So, if you want like joining this core backer group and support the LOUQE-community we invite you to hop on! We will have a limited number of units (600) available for pre-order on our homepage, starting 2018-01-14 19:00 CET

Prices will start at €199 for the XS model and €39 for TopHats. If you are an original backer or simply fell out from the last Kickstarter campaign for any reason and deserve a better price, let us know and we will send you a personal voucher.

Cheers // TEAM LOUQE

Pachalski Just to be clear that I'm not overlooking a massive deal breaker here, can you confirm that this case should have no problem fitting any AMD graphics cards as long as they are within the dimensions allowed by the case? That's such a silly question to ask it seems but nobody on this whole forum or on your website seems to have mentioned AMD GPU compatibility.

Pachalski Just to be clear that I'm not overlooking a massive deal breaker here, can you confirm that this case should have no problem fitting any AMD graphics cards as long as they are within the dimensions allowed by the case? That's such a silly question to ask it seems but nobody on this whole forum or on your website seems to have mentioned AMD GPU compatibility.
AMD cards will work, not sure why you would think otherwise.

Back