GHOST S1 - When both size & performance matters

Even the slide in solution will not be a problem...all you have to do is:
Instal the mobo without the cpu cooler
Slide in the pannel
Remove the glass
Install the cpu cooler
Instal the glass back in place
Yes, that could work actually!

That Sweclockers water-cooling build looks awesome so far. Are the (what I'm assuming acrylic) side panels something you're looking at? I didn't see that in the renders you made for the poll. I think a lot of people who intend on doing water cooling would prefer that over a window cut into the side of a panel. Just my two cents. Here's what I'm talking about for those who haven't seen it.

https://i.imgur.com/6Wf1jHJ.jpg

Also the thread for those who can't find it. https://www.sweclockers.com/forum/trad/1501740-louqe-ghost-s1-custom-loop-mods-by-faggan?p=2

The non vented glass side panels could end up looking like that. Personally I’m against plastic and prefer to avoid it if I can. But there are others in the core team that are pushing for acrylic. In any case, there will be many interesting discussions with the community, we can hardly wait!

1) how much clearance there would be under the psu if someone was to use an sfx one (so not an sfx-l) and mount it on the highest mounting point possible? a DDC pump is 38mm high so it might be possible to fit one under the psu.

The new TopTop PSU position sets an SFX PSU (with standard modular power cables sticking out below) at 38mm exactly. This is without any pressure or strain agains cables. You could bend the cables more or use adapters to find more space.

2) would it be possible to fit the phantek glacier r160 in the gpu area by using a short gpu? its 37mm thick and i was thinking about using double tape to attach it to the spine.
http://www.phanteks.com/PH-R160.html
80 mm wide this one, no? It would have to sit with the 80mm long wall against the blade and reduce GPU length to about 220mm

PS: bonus question, out of curiosity, which parts of the case are extruded and which are milled?

All aluminum components are both extruded and then milled to add features. Sides, gables. Both on TopHats and the base case. In production only two extrusion dice (tools) are used and the resulting profiles are cut in various lenths and treated differently in the mills.

The non vented glass side panels could end up looking like that. Personally I’m against plastic and prefer to avoid it if I can. But there are others in the core team that are pushing for acrylic. In any case, there will be many interesting discussions with the community, we can hardly wait!
Tempered glass can shatter really bad, so it won't be possible for me to go with that option as I'm gonna be traveling with the case. Acrylic side should be very inexpensive for you to make next to the glass option and it won't break.

Tempered glass can shatter really bad, so it won't be possible for me to go with that option as I'm gonna be traveling with the case. Acrylic side should be very inexpensive for you to make next to the glass option and it won't break.

This is a premium product and acrylic shouldn't belong here.
The number of people traveling with this case and wanting a side panel will be very small.

I would like those glass/acrylic whatever to be a little bit bigger than what the render image shows us... I know the render is just a concept :)

I Think a lot of us would really like to show some NCXT Kraken sexyness :)

The new TopTop PSU position sets an SFX PSU (with standard modular power cables sticking out below) at 38mm exactly. This is without any pressure or strain agains cables. You could bend the cables more or use adapters to find more space.

80 mm wide this one, no? It would have to sit with the 80mm long wall against the blade and reduce GPU length to about 220mm

All aluminum components are both extruded and then milled to add features. Sides, gables. Both on TopHats and the base case. In production only two extrusion dice (tools) are used and the resulting profiles are cut in various lenths and treated differently in the mills.
ok so it should be possible mounting a ddc pump by installing a fan grill on top of the bottom 240 radiator and using zip ties to secure the pump on it.

btw with even the reservoir problem solved the only thing left should be finding an itx watercooled gpu able to fit in the case as Faggan had some problems with his waterblock.

it would be nice if you could provide some indications about the waterblocks compatibility...like how thick can they be or how tall

The DDC is not the only way... However it is likely the best performing pump that will fit in the space.
With careful planning, even a low powered integrated unit like the Alphacool Eiswolf would work - this has the advantage of needing very little modding if any at all!

upload_2017-12-25_10-32-59.png

This is a premium product and acrylic shouldn't belong here.
The number of people traveling with this case and wanting a side panel will be very small.
That is true and I could probably make my own sidepanels in acrylic if I wanted to.
Still don't like how a lot of new cases have started using tempered glass.. Had one literally explode in thousands of pieces and cleaning the computer was not a lot of fun.

The DDC is not the only way... However it is likely the best performing pump that will fit in the space.
With careful planning, even a low powered integrated unit like the Alphacool Eiswolf would work - this has the advantage of needing very little modding if any at all!

View attachment 47553
The best would be to mount an Mcp 35x pump (the best ddc pump n the market), it might be possible as long as it s positioned under a spot of the psu without cables because of the top outlet

The case is designed to maintain the exact same interface no matter if a TopHat is added or not. it is a true extension of the case with all the features available intact.
My post had two messages.

The last part was me wondering what interaction the carrying case would have with top hats. Example, would it be designed to fit the S1 with a L top hat so all other top hats fit by default.

My post had two messages.

The last part was me wondering what interaction the carrying case would have with top hats. Example, would it be designed to fit the S1 with a L top hat so all other top hats fit by default.
He did answer your question: Yes.

good, would it be possible to update this picture?

boxes.png

btw do you recomment using fan grills with a bottom radiator?

PS: i don t like the new screw holes on the top grill...they ruin the line of the case

We will update the picture as soon as we can and everything has been set.

I have not seen the need for fan grills, no.

You are not alone with this criticism. This is a solution to allow users that are traveling with the case to fasten the grill more securely. Also some B2B customers are requesting this due to the otherwise ease of entry. That being said, we have received a lot of criticism on this point (this is actually the only firmly criticized update), that it ruins the pure lines of the design. Fortunately this is a component that is not on the critical time line so it leaves us with some room to find another way to solve this, the rest of the updates we feel like we have received acceptance for.

Would you consider selling a custom reservoir like the one on the water loop thread?

NxIVTr1.jpg

It would make fitting a loop much easier, on top of that it shouldn t be expensive to manifacture

Would you consider selling a custom reservoir like the one on the water loop thread?

NxIVTr1.jpg

It would make fitting a loop much easier, on top of that it shouldn t be expensive to manifacture
Yes, but it will need more reasearch and understanding before we feel confident We have the best solution in place. This is a first important step towards that.

It is on out add-on longlist.

NxIVTr1.jpg

Yes, but it will need more reasearch and understanding before we feel confident We have the best solution in place. This is a first important step towards that.

It is on out add-on longlist.

If the reservoir becomes a SKU, make sure to have the pump mount included...!

Check out the FINAL DESIGN UPDATES and let us know what you think!

FINAL DESIGN UPDATES

Those sound great!
One small thing that's just occured to me, what do you think about adding a few mount holes for WiFi / Bluetooth antenna at the back? I find the ones in my motherboard's IO shield way to flimsy. Perhaps they could be hidden behind the sticker, for those who don't want to use them.

I agree. I was checking out that build log and both the reservoir and the pump mount would be great to have for the Ghost.

The builder on this waterloop also change the mounting in the waterblock to the Gpu so they dont touch the sidepanel for the tubes.

This is also a Custom part to get it to look nice.

Still don't like how a lot of new cases have started using tempered glass.. Had one literally explode in thousands of pieces and cleaning the computer was not a lot of fun.

Agreed, tempered glass is a really stupid choice. It has one single advantage - scratch resistance - but everything else is worse. And no, I can't see how tempered glass would be "premium" in any way whatsoever.

But I won't be getting see-through side panels no matter the choice of material, so never mind me. :joyful:

A question about the dust filters..

Will it be possible to mount the bottom one on the top right under the grill?

So only 10 hours to go for the kickstarter campain ... I got a DAN A4-SFX v2 on it's way, but I want this case too!

So there's 5 hours left in the Kickstarter, congrats on reaching the goal! I think we're all very excited to get our hands on this case. Do we have any more clear pictures of the white finish? Most of the comparison images I see are renders and not real cases. You say it's a bit more glossy than the other two but it's kind of hard to tell from the pictures.

So there's 5 hours left in the Kickstarter, congrats on reaching the goal! I think we're all very excited to get our hands on this case. Do we have any more clear pictures of the white finish? Most of the comparison images I see are renders and not real cases. You say it's a bit more glossy than the other two but it's kind of hard to tell from the pictures.

End of January 2018 he Will have the White Prototype to see.

And we the backers can wait to after this time to pick color.

So we get the right one.

Asked this before om SweClockers in Sweden.

I've not had time to keep up over Christmas, but do we have any example pictures of the white case that are not renders?

Edit: Trust me not to read the post above mine. :D

Last edited:
Those sound great!
One small thing that's just occured to me, what do you think about adding a few mount holes for WiFi / Bluetooth antenna at the back? I find the ones in my motherboard's IO shield way to flimsy. Perhaps they could be hidden behind the sticker, for those who don't want to use them.
Good idea, a bit "out there" just like us. We will add it to the list of next revision discussions!

We don't have the white case made, it has been a long tough negotiation that extended into the campaign. We have some sample pieces that can be seen in the campaign "story" and the white case that Fraggan has and can be seen in his build-logg is very close to what it will look like.

https://www.sweclockers.com/forum/trad/1501740-louqe-ghost-s1-custom-loop-mods-by-faggan

We will are looking for ways to make it less glossy with this alkaline anodization and it is looking promising. Before we lock this in we will bounce the alternatives off of the backer community to choose the way to go.

We don't have the white case made, it has been a long tough negotiation that extended into the campaign. We have some sample pieces that can be seen in the campaign "story" and the white case that Fraggan has and can be seen in his build-logg is very close to what it will look like.

https://www.sweclockers.com/forum/trad/1501740-louqe-ghost-s1-custom-loop-mods-by-faggan

We will are looking for ways to make it less glossy with this alkaline anodization and it is looking promising. Before we lock this in we will bounce the alternatives off of the backer community to choose the way to go.

So how long after the Kickstarter ends will we need to choose our color?

The symmetry of the case would allow that, yes! But why?

i was thinking about using a bottom rad with fans pulling fresh air from the top of the case and pushing it outside from the bottom.

a top filter would avoid dust entering even when the pc is turned off.

as a bonus it would even avoid pushing warm air on the pump (ddc pumps don t get cooled by the loop [like d5 ones] but by the ambient temperature) and the mobo chipset.

PS: 2 early birds have just become available on the kickstarter

Campaign funded and I managed to pick up a new NH-L12 today for £45. Now to decide whether I'll use it or go the AIO route.

Back