GHOST S1 - When both size & performance matters

Well, the Sweclockers review shows some issues with the top lid. It appears to be bent already and not resting properly, so this could be specific to their sample. Especially note time points 6:12 and 25:10.

It looks like the lid might be painted slightly too thick. It also might be the tag not having enough clearance from the frame's middle bar. One of those might be the reason for not fitting and maybe it got slightly bent by reviewer trying to fit it.

Those should be easy to fix before launching production, and maybe that's not the most recent prototype, while for example Jays2cents got the priority on that.

Well, the Sweclockers review shows some issues with the top lid. It appears to be bent already and not resting properly, so this could be specific to their sample. Especially note time points 6:12 and 25:10.

It looks like the lid might be painted slightly too thick. It also might be the tag not having enough clearance from the frame's middle bar. One of those might be the reason for not fitting and maybe it got slightly bent by reviewer trying to fit it.

Those should be easy to fix before launching production, and maybe that's not the most recent prototype, while for example Jays2cents got the priority on that.

Good this came up, we saw that as well in the video and got a bit concerned. We are not sure what happened and hope to se coming reviews without this problem. We know of an embarrassing design error that came from removing the two rows of holes in the grill - the leather strap sits one hole too far to the GPU side of the grill (10 holes to the GPU side and 12 from the CPU side to the strap, should be 11/11) causing the strap to hit the spine sometimes and the grill not to lie properly - that is the most likely scenario, but we don't know for sure.

Will the anodized one have a black cover similar to the delayed white one?

They will all have the same dark grill and they are all anodized.

Let me clarify the finish options:
  • Ash - Almost 100% black glass blasted, anodized, dyed
  • Arctic - Close to white, glass blasted, anodized, NOT dyed
  • ??? - A third color, "magic cookie", will be offered after we reach a specific funding level. This option will be a vote among backers and like Ash it will be some sort of dye, glass lasted and anodized.

They will all have the same dark grill and they are all anodized.

Let me clarify the finish options:
  • Ash - Almost 100% black glass blasted, anodized, dyed
  • Arctic - Close to white, glass blasted, anodized, NOT dyed
  • ??? - A third color, "magic cookie", will be offered after we reach a specific funding level. This option will be a vote among backers and like Ash it will be some sort of dye, glass lasted and anodized.
So we will not have to decide the colour of our case tomorrow?

So we will not have to decide the colour of our case tomorrow?

Exactly! Colors are specified after the campaign is over. I’ll see if we can give you the link to the campaign preview page so you can see all the options and mechanisms before it goes live. You should be redirected to the live site from the preview when it is time.

Exactly! Colors are specified after the campaign is over. I’ll see if we can give you the link to the campaign preview page so you can see all the options and mechanisms before it goes live. You should be redirected to the live site from the preview when it is time.

Would be awesome if you could post the preview link here :)

Here are some pics from the 8700k build that is being tortured right now with Prime95 and no noise! This is actually a pretty sweet combo with the small TopHat.

87k1.JPG

87k2.JPG

87k3.JPG

87k4.JPG

87k5.JPG

Here are some pics from the 8700k build that is being tortured right now with Prime95 and no noise! This is actually a pretty sweet combo with the small TopHat.

87k1.JPG

87k2.JPG

87k3.JPG

87k4.JPG

87k5.JPG

This is pretty nice. I'm planning a similar setup. Would you mind to tell me what PSU you are using there? :)

This is pretty nice. I'm planning a similar setup. Would you mind to tell me what PSU you are using there? :)
I also like that and would love to fit a AIO for CPU at bottom of the case or in a tophat fitted underneath :)

That looks to be the corsair sf 450 or sf 600. SFX power supplies with 90mm fans. I have one for my M1 and it works great. Quiet and efficient.

Do you have plans to drill 2 holes in the back for tubes to an external radiator?

btw: Can´t wait till its 22o´clock :rolleyes:

I'll just say this, but only now because I know it is too late to change. (And many may not agree with this opinion.)

I don't think having early bids and limited quantities/tiers for pricing is beneficial.

Some may rush for getting the few early bids but afterwards all the people that will come from the word of mouth and publicity (youtube reviews and forum posts here from people that didn't know about the project asking some questions before backing) will feel that they are getting a worse deal just because they are a bit late "to the party".

Some people may not want to commit in the beginning of the campaign without knowing if it will succeed and thus miss the small price.

My opinion is that if you can offer the small price you should do it for everyone and treat all of your potential costumers equally.

(The case that most competes with yours had one price only for the KS campaigns and I feel it was better for it.)

I'll just say this, but only now because I know it is too late to change. (And many may not agree with this opinion.)

I don't think having early bids and limited quantities/tiers for pricing is beneficial.

Some may rush for getting the few early bids but afterwards all the people that will come from the word of mouth and publicity (youtube reviews and forum posts here from people that didn't know about the project asking some questions before backing) will feel that they are getting a worse deal just because they are a bit late "to the party".

Some people may not want to commit in the beginning of the campaign without knowing if it will succeed and thus miss the small price.

My opinion is that if you can offer the small price you should do it for everyone and treat all of your potential costumers equally.

(The case that most competes with yours had one price only for the KS campaigns and I feel it was better for it.)

So do you not get your money back if the campaign is unsuccessful?

Will you be sharing a preview link for the kickstarter? Since it's now during a weekday, it falls during work hours for lots of us. Would be nice to know what the options ahead of time so we can quickly order when it goes live and get back to work.

You do. There if you want the case and like what you see then you should back it to get one and hope it reaches its funding goal. You don't have to worry about the project not getting full funding and basically losing money with nothing in return.

If you pay through paypal or another online payment processor, they will most likely take your money instantly, but will refund it to your account if the campaign fails.

If you pay with credit card, the card operator will lock the funds until the campaign is over and will collect it then or unlock. By the way that's also a reason why many campaigns get the funds slightly delayed because the crowdfunding platform wants to send them at once, but some backers will somehow overdraw their accounts which prevents the card operator to draw the locked funds anyway.

That's of course in case of crowdfunding being successful or not - You'll get the money back if campaign doesn't reach it's goal.

You will also be able to cancel your order during campaign and get an instant refund during campaign, but this means you will loose place in line (and maybe limited perk. / reward) IF you change your mind and want to make a contribution.

There's also the part where you take the risk on whether the campaigner fulfils his promises (delivers perks / rewards) and that isn't safeguarded by payment processors anymore (AFAIK).

After the campaign is over and campaigner got the project funds it's up to him on whether he will refund any orders.

Last edited:

Honestly this is true, I would, from knowing about the super early bird feel pretty dis-swayed from buying a more expensive tier if I missed the early bird deal. Too late now but something to consider on future revisions or projects.

Honestly this is true, I would, from knowing about the super early bird feel pretty dis-swayed from buying a more expensive tier if I missed the early bird deal. Too late now but something to consider on future revisions or projects.

Why too late now? You mean too late to dissuade Pachalski from making early birds?

Why too late now? You mean too late to dissuade Pachalski from making early birds?
Well its really never too late for him to change the pricing scheme. I just have it in my head that you've already delayed it once and you launch in 3 hours so to change it is "too late now".

Says it's live on the Louqe homepage but no link to the live kickstarter.

Edit: Finally went live about 3 - 4 minutes after.

Last edited:
Fuccckk I just got it!
I was lucky enough to be in the super early bird deal!

Thanks for shipping to Brazil, can't wait for it :D

Z7insmi.jpg

My days using MacOS are about to end soon!

I was literally hitting refresh and couldn't get Super Early Bird special hahah funny.. I guess I don't really need a tophat since I'm keeping weight down :)

I was literally hitting refresh and couldn't get Super Early Bird special hahah funny.. I guess I don't really need a tophat since I'm keeping weight down :)
I seem to think Pachalski might have mentioned top hat would be offered to backers at the end of the campaign so that you can order 1 or more than 1. So you might get a chance to add one later :)

I seem to think Pachalski might have mentioned top hat would be offered to backers at the end of the campaign so that you can order 1 or more than 1. So you might get a chance to add one later :)

Well it was included and I paid $10 USD more... but that's all good.

LIVESTREAMING DURING THE CAMPAIGN
We would love to show the Ghost hands on in a livestream later during the campaign, this will also give you the opportunity to ask all the questions you might have regarding the product, the process and the time-line ahead

Looking forward to the livestream.

FOUR KINGS

You are one of a kind and can't deal with commonality.
Two of the FOUR KINGS are up for grabs - King of Diamonds and King of Clubs. The King of Hearts will be given to someone special, the King of Spades will remain with us for now.
Four individually unique GHOST S1s, handmade for exclusivity. As discrete as the KINGs are - we would never challenge the integrity of the KINGs by showing them off.

Pretty neat collectors edition. That cost though! Show them on stream :x

Last edited:
Back