GHOST S1 - When both size & performance matters

Backed as well. This case provides the extra quality and certain flexibility that many have desired, so it would be a shame to see it not succeed with the funding. So it's all about exposure from now on.

Hello, back in the office after some microscopic amount of sleep.

Thanks everyone that backed this here! We are at a healthy 16% after the first 12 hours. Time for us to start spreading the word. There were some mistakes in the pledge levels, title and expanded description not matching, resulting in all early birders getting the TopHats included.

Shipping costs are accurate based on our current production location, not much we can do there.

Backer number #18, like others I really hope you meet your very ambitious goal, however you really should send out cases to some popular Youtubers like LinusTechTips and HardwareCanucks who arguably helped the Dan A4 campaign tremendously.

Will do! Thanks

I actually bought my Ncase v5 in February as my introduction to the SFF community. Something about the smaller footprint really appealed to me, so I started doing a lot of research into other SFF cases. I had already missed the train on the Dan case, but as someone who can never settle on 1 configuration, I think the Ghost s1 is the perfect case for me. It's an expensive hobby when you get into these specialty cases and such, but the tophats in the Ghost give a much needed level of customization and expandability. It's a great alternative for people who didn't have an opportunity to purchase the Dan case, imho. Do you know how many Ncase builds I've seen that look the exact same? I even saw one on reddit where someone copied another guy's Ncase hard line "custom loop" bend for bend -- pretty awful.

The problem I think they're going to have is exposure to people who have no experience in SFF builds. I came across their website last month some time and didn't know they were ready for Kickstarter until this morning. Love the case and love the idea, but this project needs a ton of exposure in the next 30 days if it is to be successful. SFF cases are already in a niche market of their own and I think they have a great differentiation strategy with the top-hat concept, I just really hope the community steps up to support them.
I fowarded the ks champaing to a blog. They said for them, the case is not innovative and information of the project are incomplete. I think they want to be paid for an article...

Backer number #18, like others I really hope you meet your very ambitious goal, however you really should send out cases to some popular Youtubers like LinusTechTips and HardwareCanucks who arguably helped the Dan A4 campaign tremendously.
They pretty much carried that case to glory!

Will do! Thanks
Also you should add your temperature and noise level test results to the campaign page, many people are asking for the performance of the case regarding temperature and noise which could really help potential buyers decide to back this.

Backed!

The goal is steep, but I sincerely hope it'll be reached & breached! It's progressing well so far, but common for nearly all crowd funding projects I've backed through the years is that there's an initial rush which soon quiets down to a trickle (although there's usually a boost at the end). But it could very well be different with this campaign since awareness likely hasn't spread all that much yet.

Best of luck! (y)

Good luck on the campaign!

Just one question though, I've not seen any clear photo's with builds inside the case, but there was a prototype made?
Interested in seeing the case, even if it as a prototype with actual hardware inside it.

360 $ for the case with shipping to canada...wth! but couldn't resist so i'm number 264 for one case with an L tophat for some sweet sweet water cooling! :D

I have a question and haven't found an answer for it anywhere.
What is the clearance above the bracket for GPUs? I see that a asus strixs card fits. That card has 134mm of height, how much is left still?

Is it confirmed that if we fund from USA that we will get 25% refunded? That would be $49 for the super early bird.

Is there any info on specifically what the hats can hold? I'm specifically interested to know how many 3.5" drives can fit in the different hat types, but I'd like to know all the details.

Have any actual protypes been built or are these images all renders?

There is at least one prototype as they posted a bunch of results from benches and there are photos of it in the thread. See page 2 for example. They also said earlier in the context of noise levels that they have one with a 7700 and a 1080 STRIX.

The case in page 2 looks like it was made in shop class. If that is the only prototype, that is worrying.

i just said that it fits a bigger cooler- that is a fact, i haven't stayted anything about gpu so there is no wrong facts from me Dan
i have 1060 mini so i don't care and also if it is lower priced it's a better deal then yours Dan
calm down and get your butthurt out of this thread pls

Prices are out and the price isn't that much cheaper than the A4. Granted, I kinda want one...Would anyone be up to trade their Ghost S1 with a Medium top for my Silver Dan Case A4?

Reactions: k3uuu
like this
Is there enough room to fit a waterblock on the GPU with a L tophat?
- specifically, the terminal on the side of a block would take up space. Is there enough room for a standard 25mm thick fan?

Is there enough room to fit a waterblock on the GPU with a L tophat?
- specifically, the terminal on the side of a block would take up space. Is there enough room for a standard 25mm thick fan?

There are obviously many possible configurations here, we have not tested these yet. However, if everything works out we will invite skilled PC-builders to do their worst with this case and we will be able to present a number of recommended configurations before the first shipment is due.

Will do! Thanks
At the moment, to complete the campaign, you Need to sell +- 35 cases/day. If the trading is this, unfortunately is very hard reach It. What are you thinking to Save the campaign? You invested a lot of money and time in this project but i don't know if you have other Capital to make an AD campaign or a second prototype to send to rewiewers

I'd love to see a functioning prototype, with the full case cover on, and maybe with some different top hat configurations. It was said earlier there was a prototype with a 7700 and 1080 Strix, can we see/hear that?

Might help people on the fence to see this case in action, beyond renders and pics of the frame with hardware installed.

One of the biggest problem i saw, is people every time compair It to the Ncase. They shouldn't, this case is 7L vs 12L of the NCase.
Pictures not clear that this case is very very small and the riser solution is not reachble.
Put more pictures, with the comparision with other cases in every side and put pictures of the rear!

I'd love to see a functioning prototype, with the full case cover on, and maybe with some different top hat configurations. It was said earlier there was a prototype with a 7700 and 1080 Strix, can we see/hear that?

Might help people on the fence to see this case in action, beyond renders and pics of the frame with hardware installed.

Yep. Pics pics pics.

Check http://louqe.com/ghost.html#media for photos.

Will this be available for retail purchase after the campaign? (assuming it's is successful, which it looks like it will be)

Very nice case... I like the design. I'm tempted, but I have an NCASE next to me, a Dan A4-SFX waiting for a good Ryzen board, and a CustomMOD 3.24L Mini on order. If the tax man is good, I might jump in on this.

Reactions: Jspr
like this
i showed a picture of this case to my friend, and the first thing he asked was "whats special about it?". He could not see that this was no ordinary size case. This is because you dont have everyday objects like a cocacola can in the pictures that everybody knows the dimensions of.
The pictureframes and the monitor in some of the photos just look huge if your not aware it is the case that is small.

Last edited:
i showed a picture of this case to my friend, and the first thing he asked was "whats special about it?". He could not see that this was no ordinary size case. This is because you dont have everyday objects like a cocacola can in the pictures that everybody knows the dimensions of.
The pictureframes and the monitor in some of the photos just look huge if your not aware it is the case that is small.

To be fair, they do have a comparison to an Xbox controller:

ghost_context_ash_xs.png

But I agree, a regular size soda can is a popular comparison.

More pictures here (for anyone who may have missed it):

http://louqe.com/ghost.html#media

These photos does not exist, they Need to be into kickstarter

Well, kind of; the initial still photo of the video at the top of the Kickstarter campaign page does show (another) Xbox comparison.

Agreed. It would be best to shove as many photos as possible into the Kickstarter campaign page, and not relying on people finding Louqe's site on their own (especially since the site doesn't even seem to be mentioned anywhere in the campaign?)

Reactions: Ej24
like this
No pictures of the extra components that can go into the different tophats? The website says stuff like fans, 2.5" and 3.5" drives, but I'd like to know how they're laid out and secured.

Here is an illustration of all the inner dimension of the case, hopefully it answers all the questions regarding creative solutions.
boxes.png

Are there any photos of the Amber Orange? Maybe with some objects of recognizable color for comparison, a banana, an apple, something to gage color and size against.

Thanks for all the input! We are in contact with Sweclockers to have them do a hands on review in 2 weeks.
I don't want to sound negative but a small Swedish review in 2 weeks will be too little too late I fear, I really think you need to go bigger and sooner to meet your goal, like many have said before a fast delivery of a case to LinusTechTips or HardwareCanucks could give you the media exposure you really need to be successful. I say all this because I really like your case and I want to do my Ryzen/Vega build in it!

Back