Ghost Recon AW 2 demo out the 7th......

~th@fonz~

Limp Gawd
http://ghostrecon.us.ubi.com/graw2/

I used to love playing the original,desert,iland thunder online years ago.I played GRAW I think it came free with my motherboard but , well, lets just say I uninstalled it in about a week.

Thier sayin its all new for the PC. Does anyone think its worth a shot?

I hope it is good. The original GRAW was too much of a console port to be any fun. I played it for a week or so and then uninstalled it.

Hope for better things from GRAW2

i just hope they put AA in it. soo far ubi soft games for the comp hasnt had the option. GRAW, Double Agent, hopefully GRAW 2 doesnt get added to the list.

i just hope they put AA in it. soo far ubi soft games for the comp hasnt had the option. GRAW, Double Agent, hopefully GRAW 2 doesnt get added to the list.

Its not Ubisofts fault, well for the most part. From what I understand, its the way the game is rendered and the shaders or something like that, and DX 9 can not use AA with this render method. Same reason why UT3 will not have AA in DX 9 mode. So its Ubisofts fault except for them choosing to use this way to design the game.

Just found why it cant do AA. When I found out UT3 wont have AA under DX 9 mode, I asked why and here is Brents answer:

"Yep, it is a growing trend now for games to be using deferred shading, GRAW, R6 Vegas, Stalker, and now UT3. It is a cool technique and all but with DX9 it has the limitation with video cards of not supporting multisampling. Fortunately multisampling DOES work in DX10 with deferred shading."

All I know is that GRAW was AWESOME on the 360 and sucked out loud on the PC. They were 2 completely different games.

If GRAW 2 isn't a better port, and plays just as awesome as the 360 version I will spend my money else where.

P.S. The Option to take off my fucking digital glasses when they get messed up by EMP had better be in the game this time!

Just found why it cant do AA. When I found out UT3 wont have AA under DX 9 mode, I asked why and here is Brents answer:

"Yep, it is a growing trend now for games to be using deferred shading, GRAW, R6 Vegas, Stalker, and now UT3. It is a cool technique and all but with DX9 it has the limitation with video cards of not supporting multisampling. Fortunately multisampling DOES work in DX10 with deferred shading."

I guess the question is...why does AA work with these games on the XBox360, then? It's just DX9 hardware, so...???

I guess the question is...why does AA work with these games on the XBox360, then? It's just DX9 hardware, so...???

I think Brent explained this also. Something to do with how the graphics in the 360 is designed. As its Unified Shaders still but doesnt do DX10, its more of a hybrid you can say. Ask Brent, he knows the exact answer. The graphics architecture in the 360 is an interesting one.

Just dropping a line for anyone with hardware like mine interested in this game: Don't bother. the beta couldn't run on low EVERYTHING. it was completely unplayable. I have no idea what the game is actually like to play, as i didn't get a chance to play it... but it wouldn't run on mine, so anything close shouldn't even bother (Check Sig. )

I think Brent explained this also. Something to do with how the graphics in the 360 is designed. As its Unified Shaders still but doesnt do DX10, its more of a hybrid you can say. Ask Brent, he knows the exact answer. The graphics architecture in the 360 is an interesting one.

The 360 has a different way of doing antialiasing with its edram unit. It overcomes some limitations of DX9 on PCs.

Had no problems running the demo at 1280x1024 with everything maxed ingame. Ran pretty smooth and averaged about 50 fps. Never played the first GRAW so I don't know how it compares.
The server browser blows. I couldn't find any way to filter or sort the servers by name, player count, etc.
I had no clue what I was doing, but combat was pretty fun. Sometimes a little slow but pretty intense at the chokepoints. The two modes included in the demo is team death match and a objective based mode.
Theres no single player in the demo,so Im hoping a single player demo is released soon since I would probably buy this game for the co-op.

yeah it auto patched for me....and still a bunch of black boxes.....

vista 32
8600gts
158.45's

I find it boring and slow. Back to Cod2 and BF2 AGAIN. lol please someone give us a new shooter.

Well, that's promising that it's an option, anyway!

Does anything else get disabled when you use that?
The 'edge smoothing' isn't really anti-aliasing. It's basically blur. GRAW2 uses a deferred shading method (or so I read) that does not support MSAA in DX9.

tooooooo daaaaaaamnnnnnn slooooooow. lol come on guys how is this fun? give us at least real-time reflex timing. feels like 2142 but slower infantry.

I like the game, and the graphics are nice, but why in the hell would they not put in AA. Its so annoying and it makes the game look that much better. I really don't get game developers sometimes. Peoples computers can handle it, I don't know their reasoning.

I like the game, and the graphics are nice, but why in the hell would they not put in AA. Its so annoying and it makes the game look that much better. I really don't get game developers sometimes. Peoples computers can handle it, I don't know their reasoning.

I read that the AA is b/c of the game engine they chose to use. They can't do AA b/c of it.

I find it boring and slow. Back to Cod2 and BF2 AGAIN. lol please someone give us a new shooter.

While it's not fast paced and it's not a run and gun.
If you want a real shooter, that is long, hard and full of gameplay, you should check out:

Arma

I am liking it. It feels different than the first GRAW, but in a good way.

Also to those of you saying how bad of a port GRAW was from the console, you are a little confused. The orginal GRAW for the PC was built from the ground up for the PC. Not a port.

Back