Ghost of Tsushima

I am looking forward to playing this again on PS5, so I am hoping they add some enhancements for it. I would be happy with 1440@60 and take advantage of VRR. I don't think the PS5 will have enough power to run at true 4K/60.

I would think the PS5 would most definitely have enough power to run any PS4 game at 4k/60, as I think the main thing holding PS4 (and Xbone) games back from 60 FPS is the CPU bottleneck that I've seen referenced a few times from developers. And the new Zen 2 CPU is a much bigger leap from the old Jaguar than the GPU upgrade was. But I'm sure they will have to patch in 60 FPS support for any resolution and can't completely rely on the BC tech to increase frame rate like that and with a 2.5x TFLOP power increase and the devs optimizing the game a bit for PS5, 4k/60 should be achievable esp. with any form of dynamic res scaling that consoles love to use. But I'm hoping the next gen consoles and devs on them really start leveraging VRR and start unlocking frame rates given that I got my C9 OLED mainly for HDMI 2.1 and its VRR support up to 120 Hz.

I've had time to ramp up play time on this over the past two weeks. Finished it last night - really enjoyed this game. I even got 100% trophy which is extremely rare for me.

I can agree with criticisms of repetition but for some reason I never really got tired of it. There was decent pacing of exploration and combat that balanced everything out pretty well. The gorgeous environments really helped in that aspect as well. Plenty of amazing views.

Like many others my backlog is very long so it's rare that I get to replay a game but I could totally see myself playing through this again on the PS5 if it supported higher frame rates.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
A new Ghost of Tsushima update is releasing next week, introducing the Legends co-op multiplayer mode, New Game +, and much more...Sucker Punch Senior Game Designer Darren Bridges confirmed today on the Official PlayStation Blog that the 1.1 update will be released for free on October 16th...

I'll pick this up to play on the PS5 with the assumption that it will be one of the "boosted" titles with better performance.

SkillUp has a nice little review of the Legends mode that I find to be spot on.
Mostly he just shames all the shitty live service games that have the audacity to be $60 and release in horrible states. And even after multiple patches still don’t match the quality of this free update.

like this
My personal GOTY crown is Ghosts' to lose and handily. I dare Cyberpunk and Assassin's Creed Valhalla to step to it. I'd love to a triple threat quandry at the end of the year.

Unless Assassins Creed drops their pseudo RPG bullshit it can’t come close for me.
Call me simple but I enjoyed the games for the stupid story and the city scape parkour.

The ship combat is fun as well but I really feel they lost something. Of course I never got around to rogue/syndicate/unity and skipped 3 and Origin.

In essence I think Ghost of Tsushima is a better Assassins Creed game than Assassins Creed is at this point.

I picked up Ghost of Tsushima during the Black Friday PS sale... holy shit this game is great. It's gorgeous and silky smooth on PS5... if this was held for release as a PS5 launch title it would fit right in as next-gen without a doubt. It sucked me into its world faster than any game in recent memory.

I'm playing with Japanese VO and English subtitles. I never realized until now, but I think I'm a weeb. :LOL:

you don't ever take a break from Demon's Souls ;)...Demon's Souls takes a break from you...
You have to. Because of the tendency to want to overindulge, too much Souls without strategic breaks is like eating birthday cake every day: eventually you'll hate birthday cake and then go completely insane.

Last edited:
It's $40 on PSN right now until Jan 9th. Think I'll be picking this up finally now that I have a PS5 and it runs it at 60 FPS.

That's my plan, although I might play through Horizon Zero Dawn at 60FPS first and then see if I can get a better deal on GOT later.

That's my plan, although I might play through Horizon Zero Dawn at 60FPS first and then see if I can get a better deal on GOT later.

From what I see, Horizon hasn't been patched for PS5 yet and still runs at 30 FPS. I see where Guerrilla patched Killzone Shadow Fall for 60 FPS though for some reason. Have you seen otherwise?

From what I see, Horizon hasn't been patched for PS5 yet and still runs at 30 FPS. I see where Guerrilla patched Killzone Shadow Fall for 60 FPS though for some reason. Have you seen otherwise?

No, I haven't even looked. I'll have to look into it. I've been playing Spiderman remastered.

Reactions: T4rd
like this
H:ZD hasn't been patched yet. I'm kind of shocked it hasn't. I have a feeling some of the biggest games like H:ZD, TLoU2 and Bloodborne are going to get a little more than a simple patch. Maybe not full remasters, but something they can actually market (60 fps but also taking advantage of the SSD etc.)

At least that's my hope ;) It would really suck if they never touched some of these games again.

H:ZD hasn't been patched yet. I'm kind of shocked it hasn't. I have a feeling some of the biggest games like H:ZD, TLoU2 and Bloodborne are going to get a little more than a simple patch. Maybe not full remasters, but something they can actually market (60 fps but also taking advantage of the SSD etc.)

At least that's my hope ;) It would really suck if they never touched some of these games again.

Yeah, I'm assuming they're trying to resell the games somehow at this point too. Not sure how they'd do that with Horizon, but for TLoU 2 I think they're waiting for the multiplayer DLC to sell a complete edition for PS5. I don't expect them to do anything with Bloodborne anytime soon unfortunately, given there was never even a PS4 Pro patch for it, so they'd definitely have to remaster it at this point for PS5 if they're going to do anything.

Yeah, I'm assuming they're trying to resell the games somehow at this point too. Not sure how they'd do that with Horizon, but for TLoU 2 I think they're waiting for the multiplayer DLC to sell a complete edition for PS5. I don't expect them to do anything with Bloodborne anytime soon unfortunately, given there was never even a PS4 Pro patch for it, so they'd definitely have to remaster it at this point for PS5 if they're going to do anything.
If they aren't going to do anything with Bloodborne (even a simple 60 fps patch) that would just be a shame. The money making potential even with a free update is pretty big (selling more copies to those who never played it or those who played it back at release and sold off/traded in their discs etc) but ESPECIALLY big if they do a retail price remaster. Every gaming-related message board I go to I see people mention how much they'd love to see Bloodborne get an update. If Sony *doesn't* have anything planned, I would surmise there might be some kind of weird legal IP rights issue holding things up, because as potential development investments go for a publisher, a Bloodborne update/re-release is about as "low hanging fruit" as it gets.

Reactions: T4rd
like this
I want to play this, but honestly with the backlog I have I'll probably wait until it's a "Greatest Hit" at $20 or something.

They could bundle a "remasterd" version of HZD with the new one like they did with spiderman.

I would assume Sony would do free upgrades for their first party releases.

I would assume Sony would do free upgrades for their first party releases.

I assumed that as well until they remastered Spiderman and locked it behind a $70 Deluxe Edition of Miles Morales with no way to upgrade the PS4 version or buy the remaster separately. Now I wouldn't put it past them to do something similar with TLoU 2 or other games.

I assumed that as well until they remastered Spiderman and locked it behind a $70 Deluxe Edition of Miles Morales with no way to upgrade the PS4 version or buy the remaster separately. Now I wouldn't put it past them to do something similar with TLoU 2 or other games.
I guess cause they won last gen and getting all cocky like they did with the PS3 and are becoming really anti-consumer this round. These companies don't learn from history..

Infamous 1 & 2 were pretty great. Infamous Second Son kind of took a nose dive. I'd like to see it make a comeback still. There is a lot of potential for the series.
I really enjoyed these games. I wonder why they stopped making them!

Ghost of Tsushima is made by the same people?

This game has me curious. The reviews look great but I dunno... something about it turns me away from it.

Is it really that good? Any games you guys can compare it to?

I really enjoyed these games. I wonder why they stopped making them!

Ghost of Tsushima is made by the same people?

This game has me curious. The reviews look great but I dunno... something about it turns me away from it.

Is it really that good? Any games you guys can compare it to?
yeah it's really good. it's extremely similar to the last 3 assassin's creed games.

No, sorry.

I mean when you're in the middle of combat with someone and you land the "final blow". Pretty much everyone from 1-4 (and all the spinoffs) had sweet animations for the kill shot.
oh yeah, it has TONS of awesome kill animations. very satisfying to watch.

Sony is making a 'Ghost of Tsushima' movie with John Wick director

Sony Pictures will turn the PlayStation 4’s swan song into a live-action movie, with Chad Stahelski of John Wick franchise fame set to direct...Sony later confirmed the news...developer Sucker Punch Productions will help produce the project, with Peter Kang there to represent the studio...

https://www.engadget.com/ghost-of-tsushima-movie-170424580.html

like this
Back