ghost image from server to my pcs new hdd

Jbort1984

[H]ard|Gawd
Like the title says I want to be able to do daily or weekly image backups of my 240gb os/software hard drive and be able to access
If say my drive goes bad be able to reload the image onto my new replacment hdd over the network.
I know its possible we used to do it at a place i worked when we would refurbish all the gateway asus and other big box store computer returns. I just never went in to find out how it is done. Thanxs for any help.

What software are you using? I used to use Norton Ghost but I started using Acronis True Image. It has a continuous backup feature that is cool.

Last edited:
If it has an option to create a bootable CD then it should hopefully have network support.

I used a recent version of Ghost that was bundled with a Samsung SSD. It was horrible. There's not even an option to clone an entire drive (all partitions)!

i dont know what software to use im kinda looking for a complete how to on how this is all done all ive eevr done is norton ghost but its been years like xp sp1 was the last time i did a ything with ghost

Acronis can schedule the backups no problem. It appears you can have network support in their rescue media creator. If your hard drive died you would replace it and then boot the CD (or maybe USB flash drive?)

They have a trial, best thing to do is try it out if you have a spare hard drive you can test the recovery and be certain it fits your needs: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/

I use a combination of DriveImage XML and Ultimate Boot CD (To restore images) to do this ... All of it is freeware/opensource so no costs involved. Between work & home, I've done well over 100 this way with no problem -- Windows XP and Windows 7.

Back