Ghash.io/Cex.io double LTC rewards for 1 week

anarchyx

Limp Gawd
They just started today.. I just started mining their today for the double rewards promo, I had never used them before and I am not affiliated with them. Just wanted to let my fellow [H] members know!

If you want to click over to signup at their site and give me credit for referring you, you can use THIS LINK

If you want to click over and not use my referral you can just click visit cex.io.

Either way you can enjoy double the LTC rewards for the next 6+ days, which is way more profitable than what I have been mining (various alt coins)

I'll also add that I think ghash.io is one of the biggest BTC mining pools out there, they have a very positive reputation. Although I am new to them as I just signed up today to point my 20mhash.

Enjoy! :)

Last edited:
Just pointed my stuff to it as well. Looks good.

Dumb question. It says workers will be added automatically? I couldnt find a place to add workers so I assume as long as Im using username.whatever) it should just automatically show up?

Dumb question. It says workers will be added automatically? I couldnt find a place to add workers so I assume as long as Im using username.whatever) it should just automatically show up?

You just make up the workers and PW.. They have a general template to follow which is username.workername..

For mine I name them like

anarchyx.worker1
anarchyx.worker2
etc
etc

The pool is rather small in GH currently, only 3gH... I got paid out on 1 block at .9 LTC so not too terrible, that block took a while tho, about 5 hours. Hoping the next are a bit quicker hah

Yup, slick as shit, you just put your username.(desired worker name) in your config and it adds it on the site within seconds of that worker starting.

Anybody find a way to set difficulty for LTC mining? My workers are submitting like mad at the default 16 difficulty.

edit: Ahh, figured it out. They didn't label their worker graphs very well. The far right column, where it says "Click to edit", is the worker difficulty. So click on the 0 for each worker and change it to what you want it to be.

The pool is rather small in GH currently, only 3gH

Give it a few hours. Once word of the double reward gets out, you can bet their hashrate is going to explode.

Last edited:
What Difficulty should I be setting? I never understood what the optimal value was, I thought pools figured it out. lol.

What Difficulty should I be setting? I never understood what the optimal value was, I thought pools figured it out. lol.

A lot of pools set it automatically, but this one does not appear to.

About 128 difficulty per 500 kh/s will still get you regular submits but not nutzo.

Haha, glad you found that. My rejects were going apeshit then I put in 512 and they damn near stopped. :D

Does the difficultly have to be in any certain increment? I have ~800kh on another rig and put 192 (based on your 128 per 500kh calculation)

Gained almost 1GH in the last hour.

But umm, how are they going to afford to pay out all this extra LTC with no pool fee?

Haha, glad you found that. My rejects were going apeshit then I put in 512 and they damn near stopped. :D

Yeah, got a ton of low difficulty rejects too at first.

Does the difficultly have to be in any certain increment? I have ~800kh on another rig and put 192 (based on your 128 per 500kh calculation)

Very good question. I've always seen it in "by 2" increments (16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, etc.), but I'm not sure they need to be.

But umm, how are they going to afford to pay out all this extra LTC with no pool fee?

Check out cex.io. The LTC pool thing is small beans compared to the rest of their operation. They're also an exchange (part of which appears to be in hashing power?) and an 8+ Ph/s Bitcoin pool.

This pool / exchange is rich... They run one of THE BIGGEST BTC Pools.. I imagine they are trying to do the same thing with LTC by this promo.

Just look at their chart -- http://blockchain.info/pools

26% of all BTC Mining goes thru them :)

This pool / exchange is rich... They run one of THE BIGGEST BTC Pools.. I imagine they are trying to do the same thing with LTC by this promo.

Yup, looks like a "loss leader" to promote their new LTC mining pool and their site in general. As huge as they are, it's a pretty small price to pay.

Ahh, ok I thought ghash.io sounded familiar.

Welp, it looks like miners are hoping on board left and right. This is pretty awesome.

I just signed up and im getting 100% rejects (Low Difficulty Share). Mining between 850-860 k/hs. What am I doing wrong?

edit - Problem solved, I was mining on their BTC pool using scypt... Whoops!

Last edited:
I'm feeling a little dense, I set up an account but don't see anything about a pool, just the exchange. What do I need to do to mine to it?

I'm feeling a little dense, I set up an account but don't see anything about a pool, just the exchange. What do I need to do to mine to it?

Click on the GHash.io link on the top of the cex.io page, then click on the LTC link. That should explain enough to get you started.

Signed up, pointed 2.7Mh to it. Will add another 1.5Mh this weekend.

Pointed 2.7Mh to it tonight as well. Pointing my other 2Mh rig to it this evening.

im on it and hashing but at the top it shows "0" workers ?
it shows my rate and everything else ?

Are you mining btc or ltc? Make sure your mining ltc.ghash.io and not us1.ghash.io

You would need a LTC wallet.

Just checked waffle and it's down from 36Ghs to 13Ghs. I'm assuming it's pretty much at Ghash.io

Meanwhile, about 12 hours ago I hopped on ghash.io and they just hit 7GH/s. Right now, their current block is showing a pool hash rate of 37.6GH/s.

I also anticipate the LTC's difficulty will skyrocket because of this. Of course there is a side of potential good news too - profitability of other coins during this time should go up considerably as nethash/difficulty gets taken away from them.

nm , i found them.
will i need a btc wallet to move these coins ?

Well, you've got options. You'll either need a LTC wallet to withdraw the LTC you're making or you can exchange them for BTC on their exchange, then withdraw the BTC. LTC/BTC is down a bit right now, though, so that's probably not a great decision at the moment.

Hmm... I'm getting a lot of stale shares. I set it to 1024. Should I set it to 512?

Pool obviously getting too big:
"To prevent getting 51% of the Litecoin network, the reward multiplier will be adjusted according to the pool speed. Current multiplier: x2.

Pool SpeedReward multiplier
0 – 40 GH/s x2
40 – 60 GH/s x1.25
60+ GH/sx1"

might point my 5Mhash their way this evening when I get home from work.

Kinda cool if this is legit -- I get a few days of super profit as if I'm running 10Mhash, but only drawing half as much power as I normally would :)

Pool obviously getting too big:
"To prevent getting 51% of the Litecoin network, the reward multiplier will be adjusted according to the pool speed. Current multiplier: x2.

Pool SpeedReward multiplier
0 – 40 GH/s x2
40 – 60 GH/s x1.25
60+ GH/sx1"

They just broke 40GH/s as of the time I'm writing this... 40.30GH/s to be exact. Multiplier now 1.25. :(

As soon as they hit 1x, I'm out... there's more profitable things to mine than LTC at face value. Hell, DOGE is a great option... difficulty is way down.

It's hitting 40GH/s. Backed off one of my rigs off it.

I agree that if it hits 1x, get out as it's not quite as profitable anymore.

1.25x makes LTC barely "just as profitable" as the top coins if you're chasing the market. If there's a difficulty adjustment in the meantime, that goes out the window.

Gah, so in under 24 hours, they've managed to create a LTC pool that's almost 1/3 of the entire network hash rate and have changed the rules to cut their losses. Mission accomplished.

Back