GFX 1050ti not taking newest drivers?

Ruckus

Hardforum Moderator-in-Chief
Staff member
So I bought a 1050ti for my livingroom tv computer. (yes ebay cheapo so i can play fortnite on a big tv) I dont have a cd player on it so out of laziness I go to geforce.com and download the newest driver listed for the graphics card. After install I get an error in device manager that it has a problem with the driver. when i get home today i plan on removing the driver and loading the drivers from the cd it came with but is this normal, or did i get hit with chinese bait n switch? I bought from a us based seller but we know that means nothing.

Actually I never use the drivers that come with the device. They are almost always out dated. The only reason drivers are provided with the gpu in the box is because back in the dial up days, not everyone has internet access or it was slow if you had it. Most people buying gpu’s have decent internet now. But basically it’s for people without internet.

Anyways make sure you have the proper driver downloaded.

If you are absolutely sure you have the correct driver for your gpu and os, I would then suspect the genuine as of the card. Plenty of low end cards like that are faked and sold on eBay.

yeah i put in gfx 1050ti and it gave me the current listed in the thread below 417.71 as an option thats what i installed.

If you still get an error I’d be concerned the card may not be genuine. Many times they will bios flash an older card sometimes with different memory configurations etc. and you can’t always tell by visually looking. But if a driver refuses to install and you’ve double checked everything, that’s usually when I begin suspecting if it’s genuine.

yeah im gonna try the cd for the hell of it, if it works and i get the right fps on fortnite ill just leave it if not i guess dispute, and find a used one on here.

well its a bootleg. the detect my card on nvidia.com does not detect it as an nvidia, the cd even says does not detect, also upon closer inspection the card in the pics has a power plug and this card does not. so i guess ill be doing a dispute. interestingly the seller says they are in the US in the sale page. The return says singapore. I never would of bought from outside of the us had it been listed.

Back