'GFWL Legacy' -- did any of you know this?

GFWL is just a severe hassle...if you google search, theres plenty of people who got locked out of their respective games because of GFWL

Its as simple as phone up support and having them reset the key, right? No its not, its been 2 months now and I'm still left with a broken copy of GTA 4

There are a good number of top-tier titles requiring Steam now for their activation and running.

Such as? What is a "good number"? I've already agreed that for the tiny number of games that require steam that also launch in B&M stores that steam being forced it bad and I hope it's a trend that dies.

However this is a list of GFWL titles which require GFWL and are available in stores.

You do see how hypocritical you're being, right?

No, because I've explained the difference between GFWL and Steam, steam is optional and GFWL is not. (again with a tiny handful of exceptions, on which I've agreed are problematic, twice now)

GFWL is no more obtrusive, in fact LESS obtrusive, than Steam, yet you complain it is too intrusive, while defending Steam and minimizing its bloatware aspect?

Correct, because if you think steam is obtrusive THEN DON'T USE IT, how hard is that to understand? I have no option not to use GFWL.

If a game is released, I have the option to buy that in a store, or if I am willing to agree to steams TOS I can buy it on steam, as a gamer I have a choice. Now if that same game uses GFLW I have no choice to use it, it doesn't matter where I get that game from I'm FORCED to install that shit on my system.

Anyway I fail to see how this is related to it being a "choice" or not as you initially claimed that Steam was always optional. Unless you're trying to pivot away from your misinformation?

Steam is optional with a tiny number of exceptions of which I've already acknowledge, and I've acknowledged again in this post. I don't like that it happens, it removes choice from gamers and forces them to use software they might not want to use, and I sympathise greatly with that despite personally liking steam.

I've also stated serveral times that steam has value added features for the gamer, it a long list of benefits which make actual differences for gamers and improve the experience. GFWL offers basically nothing of any real value, the few games I've put up with GFWL have caused me all sorts of issues until I basically uninstalled it and replaced the live DLLs with cracked ones to stop it from running.

Last edited:
Deus Ex HR, Dead Island, COD MW3, Skyrim, RAGE

those are some of the big titles released the past few months that are STEAMWORKS...meaning you HAVE to use steam in order to play...no exception....I personally don't mind steamworks games...at least you don't get hit with bullsh*t like "you've used up your cd key, buy another one"

Back