Getting terrible 3D Mark scores compared to a few weeks ago

xabovex

n00b
Two weeks ago I scored a 2533 in 3D Mark 05. Two weeks ago. I upgraded my ram from 512 to 1024. Joy. Been two weeks since then. I installed everything into a new case, added a new 7.1 supported sound card and upgraded to a 500 watt power supply from a 300 watt generic power supply. Something I thought would be good. I scored a 1565.

How is it that there is a 968, almost 1000 point difference in my scores? Defragmenting doesn't help, ran Adaware, Spybot and Spysweeper. Nothing is running in the background. What the heck is the problem?

You probably have some AA/AF forced in your display options, or perhaps vsync

Is all the driver settings the same as they used to be? Are they up to date? Do you have the latest chipset drivers installed?

I agree, probably you have AA or AF selected without knowing. Some graphic card drivers will override whatever settings the benchmark program wants to use (which is typically 0 AA and 4x AF). Find your graphic card GUI interface, probably a dedicated tab in the display properties, and see if there's an option to set AA and AF to "auto" or "application controlled".

FunkStar said:
reinstall your puter and make sure you install your mobo drivers

If thats all you have to offer, why even bother saying anything? Dumbest idea yet. He didnt do anything but put the system in a new case, add a sound card, and replace the power supply. Why would he need to reinstall and install mobo drivers? They didnt change in any way.

Back