Getting rid of Vista partition?

holybonkers

Limp Gawd
Hey guys,

So my brother got Vista (for some odd reason) and decided to try it out on boot camp. I went ahead and got rid of my XP partition, which was easy enough and went ahead and installed Vista using the latest boot camp. However, after a few days of use I thoroughly hate the damn thing and want to get rid of it and return to XP. The problem is, when I try to restore my disk to a single partition...it doesn't work. Boot camp says it's doing it, but when I restart, Vista is still there. I'm not sure what to try since I don't want to mess with anything. Have any of you heard of this or ran into the same problem and know how to fix it?

Appreciate the help.

Hey guys,

So my brother got Vista (for some odd reason) and decided to try it out on boot camp. I went ahead and got rid of my XP partition, which was easy enough and went ahead and installed Vista using the latest boot camp. However, after a few days of use I thoroughly hate the damn thing and want to get rid of it and return to XP. The problem is, when I try to restore my disk to a single partition...it doesn't work. Boot camp says it's doing it, but when I restart, Vista is still there. I'm not sure what to try since I don't want to mess with anything. Have any of you heard of this or ran into the same problem and know how to fix it?

Appreciate the help.

Did you download & install the latest version of Boot Camp?

Well, it finally worked. I took your advice and downloaded boot camp again, just to make sure. It's weird though, because it was still the same version...

Back