getting rid of spyware programs/toolbars

mdude85

Limp Gawd
Hi everyone...recently my computer has been infected with tons and tons of search bars, "adblocking" programs (which are actually spyware), and other such nuisances that I've had to spend time deleting that I'm sure have been really fucking up my comp ... I already have Spybot Search N Destroy but I was wondering if there was another program that more actively deletes things like toolbars and random programs that get installed. Thanks.

use spyware blaster and nothing will ever even get to your PC in the first place, I dont think adaware and spybot have found any spyware on my PC in over a year because of spyware blaster

After installing Mozilla Firefox, I haven't had spyware in months....

spybot, adaware, hijackthis. If those fail, reinstall windows. Use a different browser.

Update and run Adaware and Spybot Search and Destory both first and delete whatever they find. Then download HijackThis and do a scan and save your log file and post it here and someone can help you out with deciding whats left you need to delete.

If you have a "autoupdate" folder with "autoupdate.exe" in it , this is a very aggresive toolbar/spyware downloader. I just got rid of it, after my wife downloaded a game from Yahoo. the friggin' thing put 6 different crapwares on my comp, before I got home to see it. I had to run spybot 3 times, and then manually delete some stuff. Good luck.:cool:

Back