Getting P'Oed with my XF-I how is the audigy4 card doing?

newls1

Supreme [H]ardness
I know the XF-I is a better card, but if I can get my 200 dollars back on this XF-I and spend 80 on an audigy4 card, how is the performance of the audigy4? Does the audigy4 cards have the same issues as the XF-I's?

newls1 said:
I know the XF-I is a better card, but if I can get my 200 dollars back on this XF-I and spend 80 on an audigy4 card, how is the performance of the audigy4? Does the audigy4 cards have the same issues as the XF-I's?

A regular Audigy 4 (non Pro) is basically just a rebadged Audigy 2.

Moofasa~ said:
A regular Audigy 4 (non Pro) is basically just a rebadged Audigy 2.
thats what I figured, am I better of keeping my XF-I then? Im just sick of the long boot times, and the hissing in the speakers that creative cant fix.

This is the way i look at it: I can get 120 dollars back, and in turn get an audigy4 card. Is the XF-I gaining me any MORE FPS in games where as the audigy4 card wont? are we talking about 1-4 FPS more, or for the most part, the same? If it is only minimal, I think I'm better off with the audigy4, cause I really need the money.

newls1 said:
This is the way i look at it: I can get 120 dollars back, and in turn get an audigy4 card. Is the XF-I gaining me any MORE FPS in games where as the audigy4 card wont? are we talking about 1-4 FPS more, or for the most part, the same? If it is only minimal, I think I'm better off with the audigy4, cause I really need the money.

It won't give you much less performance, but you will lack EAX 5 and 128 hardware voices. Meaning with games that use EAX 5 (Quake 4, BF2, and future games) you will lose some sound quality, effects, and performance.

It might degrade sound quality in music considerably though because I believe the Audigy 4 uses Creative's crappy SRC. Technically you can use a software based SRC that will give you close results to the X-Fi's SRC but will eat up your cpu cycles.

If you really absolutely need the money, then clearly go for the Audigy 4. It's obviously not as good, but it is still a half decent card that could carry you over till you have the money for a X-Fi.

As a side note I thought about getting the Audigy 4 Pro because it was a lot cheaper than the Elite Pro (with about the same quality), but I just "sucked it up" and went all the way.

Good Luck!

man some people buy the x-fi with too many expecations. x-fi adds alot of features and does give a small boost to overall performance. its not going to be WORLDS better than the a2 series.

don't fall into creative's marketing

Well if it was JUST marketing then how come so many, including myself, are seeing much better quality sound than I ever got from my A2. I'll be the first to admit some have problems with the card, most times a MB bios update fixes it. Anyway, as I said before get opinions from those that own an X-FI and therefore can give you an honest view of the card before you take nonowners opinion as fact. All I have left to say on the matter. I spent me money on a fatality and have ASOLUTLY no regrets replacing my A2 with it.

newls1 said:

If you're not using the latest BIOS, please upgarde/flash to the newest. Go back into the BIOS, turn off the Memory's Spectrum Spread, set the Video Apiture to 256MB and reboot.

Donnie27

Intel_Inside said:
1. It's not an XF-I, it's an X-Fi.
2. Sell it on Ebay like I did mine.
Then shouldnt you remove the X-FI from your sig if you sold it?

bratboy said:
Well if it was JUST marketing then how come so many, including myself, are seeing much better quality sound than I ever got from my A2. I'll be the first to admit some have problems with the card, most times a MB bios update fixes it. Anyway, as I said before get opinions from those that own an X-FI and therefore can give you an honest view of the card before you take nonowners opinion as fact. All I have left to say on the matter. I spent me money on a fatality and have ASOLUTLY no regrets replacing my A2 with it.

just to let you know, i own both an audigy2zs tb montego ddl and x-fi extreme music. and i've done a comparison between the a2zs/x-fi and it doesn't sound that MUCH better.it has more features and the surround sound is more noticeable but in terms of audio quality, it doesn't sound THAT much better and i don't have crappy pc speakers so i CAN hear a difference.

so please don't call me a nonowner when i am IN FACT an owner

Xeero said:
just to let you know, i own both an audigy2zs tb montego ddl and x-fi extreme music. and i've done a comparison between the a2zs/x-fi and it doesn't sound that MUCH better.it has more features and the surround sound is more noticeable but in terms of audio quality, it doesn't sound THAT much better and i don't have crappy pc speakers so i CAN hear a difference.

how does the ddl compare to the x-fi?

Xeero said:
just to let you know, i own both an audigy2zs tb montego ddl and x-fi extreme music.

Actually you have 3 cards not "both", hehe. As for my non-owner comment, that was meant in general. I never called you specifically a nonowner. If you own one and weren't happy with it is a bit different from those who never owned but post opinions as if they have. Thats why my comment, meant for the OP. Now then if you still want to take a comment personal you can but wasnt intended and not going to beg fogiveness from you either.

Jason711 said:
how does the ddl compare to the x-fi?

It's a amazing sound card (I had the HDA-M, basically the same thing). However it is a software solution, so take that for what it's worth. If you are playing an OpenAL (the Cmedia chip doesn't support OpenAL yet, needs a driver upgrade) or EAX HD intensive game, you will notice the performance hit. Obviously if you have like two dual cored Opterons you would probably not notice the difference, but if you have something like a XP you would notice a big difference.

bratboy said:
Actually you have 3 cards not "both", hehe. As for my non-owner comment, that was meant in general. I never called you specifically a nonowner. If you own one and weren't happy with it is a bit different from those who never owned but post opinions as if they have. Thats why my comment, meant for the OP. Now then if you still want to take a comment personal you can but wasnt intended and not going to beg fogiveness from you either.

very well, understood. you can understand how one can mistake your comment to be directed towards an individual.

Back