Getting new build, how's this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LucasG

Gawd
Thinking on something like this for Hackintosh/Gaming

Corsair CX Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS Modular 80 PLUS Bronze ATX12V/EPS12V 744 Power Supply
Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H Desktop Motherboard
Intel Core i5-4670K Quad-Core Desktop Processor 3.4 GHZ 6 MB Cache
EVGA GeForce GTX770 SuperClocked with EVGA ACX Cooler, 2GB GDDR5 256bit

Through Amazon for around $853.06.

1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
Using Mac OS X as a primary OS for Final Cut Pro X, Photoshop, Flash and gaming.

2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
$800

3) Which country do you live in? If the U.S, please tell us the state and city if possible.
Costa Rica but it'll ship to Miami, FL and be sent here. That cost I have it covered on another budget.

4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. The word "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.
Only PSU, motherboard, cpu and video card.

5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
I'll be reusing my case, hdd, RAM sticks, monitor, keyboard and mouse.

6) Will you be over clocking?
Maybe

7) What is the max resolution of your monitor? What size is it?
1920x1200, 25.5"

8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
In two weeks.

9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? USB 3.0? SATA 6Gb/s? eSATA? Onboard video (as a backup or main GPU)? UEFI? etc.
I need a Z87X mobo due to OS X compatibility.

10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If yes, what OS? Is it 32bit or 64bit?
I have my legal copies of Windows and OS X.

Ideas? Comments? Suggestions? Don't want to spend more than $900 and no MIR interest. I already have the case and my primary hard drive. I'll get an SSD and 8GB more later on.

Last edited:
Is there a specific reason you're choosing a Z87 chipset mobo and 4670 CPU instead of Z97 and 4690?

I don't see a huge problem with the components though.

I want to get this PC right now as I'll be also using it for some gaming and don't want to spend on an iMac yet. I use OS X for work related things, as I use OS X specific software, plus I like it more to do my daily stuff, except gaming. And you're right, I should go for the 4690K, didn't even see it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please answer the stickied "ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS FIRST!" so that we can help you better.

Though off the bat, the PSU is not a good choice and that RAM is overpriced from Amazon.

That's interesting. I never tried OS X.

A 4690 may not boot without a BIOS flash on a 87 series motherboard. (It may work according to what I read.)

How about something like this actually?

EVGA SuperNOVA 750G2 80PLUS Gold Certified ATX12V/EPS12V 750W Power Supply 220-G2-0750-XR
Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H Desktop Motherboard - Intel Z87 Express Chipset- LGA-1150
Intel Core i5-4670K Quad-Core Desktop Processor 3.4 GHZ 6 MB Cache - BX80646I54670K
EVGA GeForce GTX770 SuperClocked with EVGA ACX Cooler, 2GB GDDR5 256bit, DL DVI-I, DVI-D, HDMI, DP, SLI Ready Graphics Cards (02G-P4-2774-KR)

Cost: $852.11 with shipping to Miami, FL.

Choosing the mobo and CPU due to compatibility with OS X, otherwise I'd go with Z97X. Not sure about the 4690K, how it works, but the speed improvement might not be necessary and save a couple of bucks. Is that a better PSU?

Apparently, you didn't get the hint with edit of your last post before mine: We can't talk about Hackintoshes here. Thread locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back