Getting my Pi4 to boot from USB SSD. Help!

funkydmunky

2[H]4U
Must say I am new to this, but have made many Pi's to run off of emulator images and it is dead easy.
So I thought I would make a capable 8GB Pi4 desktop for a friend as I saw and liked Fenix.
Ya all is good off the micro SD, but am struggling to get that onto the USB-SSD.
Any help?
Thanx

Must say I am new to this, but have made many Pi's to run off of emulator images and it is dead easy.
So I thought I would make a capable 8GB Pi4 desktop for a friend as I saw and liked Fenix.
Ya all is good off the micro SD, but am struggling to get that onto the USB-SSD.
Any help?
Thanx
Pi's need a setting hack before they can boot from USB. And there's a danger of bricking the device if you screw it up.

Thanks BOOnie. I was specifically trying with Fenix OS, and have since learned it is not yet capable.
It is implemented on RaspPi OS and is relatively easy to do. Your linked video is a bit dated and was essentially a hack at that time.

Thanks BOOnie. I was specifically trying with Fenix OS, and have since learned it is not yet capable.
It is implemented on RaspPi OS and is relatively easy to do. Your linked video is a bit dated and was essentially a hack at that time.

I boot my Pi400 off external USB 3 SSD no problem under TwisterOS.

I have a Rock64 and that boots readily from USB so Pi is not so familiar to me.

TwisterOS looks very cool. It seems to have what I was looking for. Glad to know it will boot from SSD.

TwisterOS is awesome! My own Pi400 running at 2.3Ghz CPU and 800Mhz GPU with a Samsung T5 SSD has pretty much replaced my main workstation for most of my daily tasks using TwisterOS.

Back