Getting into Bios w/GA-P35-DS3P

capreppy

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - April 2009
TOTAL noobie question

Situation:

My monitor (LG 245bw) goes into powersave mode between boots. Can't seem to figure out how to keep it from doing that.

When rebooting, sometimes it's still in powersave mode and I can't tell what's going on early in the boot process.

I try to get into bios to make changes, but can't seem to get there. I've tried quickly hitting the delete key multiple times, holding it down, & slowly hitting it multiple times. I can't seem to get in.

I tried doing the same with the tab key to get the gigabyte logo. I get the same results.

Any suggestions on a sure fire way to get into the bios to make adjustments?

I'm trying to determine my max OC on my current Q6600 G0 setup. I'm at 3.02Ghz, but need to give it a little more juice to be stable, but the problem is I can't get there!!!

Thanks in advance

How did you get to the bios in the first place (to get it to 3ghz)?

Well anyway my tip would be looking at the manual. Some bios use different keys to enter bios (like f2)

well im pretty sure it should be delete thats what it usually is with gigabyte but you could try F10, Esc, F12 also I would just keep hitting the key rapidly and you dont by chance have another monitor to try it with do you o and you might want to shut it down instead of restart than start it back up

Well, I guess I wasn't hitting the delete key fast enough (or early enough, not sure). I've been able to resolve the issue. It was very hit and miss before. I would get into bios only every 10th time or so.

I'm up to 3.132 at 1.35625v and chugging along. At 55C @ Load so still have room to work with.

annoying as hell, very common, you have found the only solution, other than hit reset early in the boot to give the monitor time to come on. I wish they would put in a boot delay setting but on the other hand its a fun game to see if you can "catch" it with the del key.

annoying as hell, very common, you have found the only solution, other than hit reset early in the boot to give the monitor time to come on. I wish they would put in a boot delay setting but on the other hand its a fun game to see if you can "catch" it with the del key.

Bill,

I've been able to get into it. I just have to start hitting the delete key BEFORE the system turns on in the hopes of "catching" it correctly.

BTW, I'm using your OC guide. This is THE most comprehensive guide I've found and let me tell you what. This guide ROCKS!!!

I'm pushing and pushing along and your guide has beeen my "bible" through all of this. Thanks for an absolutely wonderful guide.

Back