getting into a Linksys SRW2024p

raksasas

Limp Gawd
Sorry for my limited knowlege on this but can someone guide me through getting into it?
I recently purchased a used Linksys SRW2024P 24-Port 10/100/100 + 2-port Gigabit Switch with WebView and Power over Ethernet off ebay. I got it relatively inexpensive. It didn't come with any documents.

I have found a couple documents on it. I have found the SRW-US_v10_UG_A-Web.pfd. It stated to Telnet or HyperTerminal into it. I am not sure if I have the correct console cable (RJ45-DB9 console cable). The console port is a male DB9.

I have tried to telnet via Putty which it could not connect to. I would get the following message from Putty: Network error: Connection timed out.
(set static ip on Laptop to 192.168.1.253 and tried to telnet to 192.168.1.254)

I have a feeling that the router may not have been set back to default so my only hope may be to console but again i do not think i have the correct console cable.

Thanks

When you set your PC in the 192.168.1.0 range...and ping 192.168.1.254, do you get replies?

You found the serial port trick via terminal...hold ctrl+ U keys while power cycling the switch, that's the way to delete the startup-config file.

When I ping 192.168.1.254 i am getting the following response
Reply from 192.168.1.253: destination host unreachable.

Did you try to console in to it with putty or telnet into it? You may need to console it if you don't know the ip. Where it says connection type select Serial.

I was trying to Telnet into it. I finally find an old Null modem cable and was able to console into it.

Back