Getting connection to my kindle fire

As the title states i would like to get a wifi connection to my kindle fire. I have dsl with one

computer connected straight to the modem. Could you please reccomend me the cheapest

most reliable way to do so. I use the kindle to look at websites an some youtube if that helps.

Thanks for all positive input! Brian

Buy a wireless router.

This. It will allow your computer to stay connected and let you connect any wireless devices you have as well. Go to any electronics store and they can help you find one in your price range.

Thats what i was going to do but i figured maybe i could get some help on a model to order. Does need bells an whistles just able to connect the kindle an have decent speed.

If it's just for adding a wireless connection for your Kindle, then seriously, any wireless router from your local big box electronics store will work.

Now if you were talking about streaming HD movies to multiple devices, transferring large files on a regular basis, playing multi-player death match type online games, or needing to send a wireless signal over great distances then more specific router recommendations would be in order.

Just because I have been bitten by this in the past, are you sure it is simply a DSL modem or is it a combo unit?

Try getting the Kindle Fire Update 6.2.1, you can find instructions to manually update online. You need a micro USB cord to do it & it doesn't come with the Kindle, but if you've bought a cell phone recently the charger should be a micro USB cord.

Back