Getting an Xbox One X as a first console - recommend 10 games I should get for it

DooKey

[H]F Junkie
The subject says it all. I like FPS, RTS, RPG, Turn Based games, and I'm willing to try sports games. Let me know what a console nub should try.

FIFA 18 ( ive been playing since 94, easily the best sports game period, online ranked games are too fun ) fun to play, even with steep learning curve

COD WWII ( must have on console, easily the best FPS shooter mechanics to ever grace a controller/console setup )

Gears of War 4 ( has decently fun multiplayer and apparently a good single player / co-op campaign )

^ all i can think of right now , can't wait for my Xbox One X to arrive next week too :)

Exclusives are a desert on Xbox. Better off with a PS4, Switch or anything else.

I was a big 360 fan but I’m extremely disappointed with MS this gen.

Assassin's Creed: Origins will be the first game I'll play on mine next week. The new game has some RPG elements in it.

Other titles that are enhanced for the X that I would recommend based on your criteria:

Final Fantasy XV
Halo: The Master Chief Collection
Halo 5: Guardians
Halo Wars 2

A lot of the games are also on PC, and it looks like you have a stout one based on your sig. If you're like me and like replaying the good ones on console for whatever reasons (achievements, different set of friends, etc.) then I would add these:

Battlefield 1
Darksiders: Fury's Collection - War and Death
Dishonored 2
DOOM
Quantum Break
Rise of the Tomb Raider
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
Titanfall 2
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus

A PS4 ;)

But;
Rare Replay
Sunset Overdrive
Halo Collection
Halo 5? It’s not great IMO
Phantom Dust

If you have a good PC a lot of the other exclusive type games are on PC as well.

Recore
Quantum Break
Forza 7
Forza Horizon 3
Gears of War 4/Remastered
Halo Wars 2

Playable basically on machine.

Doom
Dark Souls 3
Shadow of Mordor
Titanfall 2
Dishonored
Wolfenstein

360 titles that can be played
Lost Odyssey (disc or online)
Blue Dragon (disc only iirc)
Beyond Good and Evil HD
Red Dead Redemption
Gears of War 1-3, Judgement

Battlefield 1
Call of Duty WWII
Forza Horizon 3
Forza Motorsport 7
Gears of War 4
Halo 5
Quantum Break
Halo Wars 2
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Titanfall 2

A couple other titles you may want to consider, that should be pretty cheap:
Halo: Master Chief Collection - It's a bit buggy, but I never had a problem playing through the campaign. Plus it's getting a new patch early next year.
Halo Wars: Definitive Edition - Since you like RTS games this might be good to get, on top of Halo Wars 2. You can buy it stand alone, but I think it's still included in the Halo Wars 2 Ultimate Edition.
Ori and the Blind Forest - I know you didn't mention liking platformers, but if you want to give one a look this is certainly one of them along with...
Cuphead - another great platformer, but pretty tough.

Back