getting a game to stretch across 2 screens?

complex

Limp Gawd
well i jsut hooked up my dads 2 17" lcd's to my 6800 gt and it looks amazing but but i want to find out how to get the game to stretch across both in a game

any help will be GREATLY appreciated

what game?? if it's meant to be played on two monitors, then they should be crazy resolutions that are double the width of normal ones. like 2560x1024. anybody, correct me if i'm wrong but think that's how it works.

thats how it would work. theoretically, if you were to set up each monitor at half the resolution that you run the game, then you could stretch the game across 2 screens.

well im mostly trying ot get it to work with CS:S, HL2, and UT2k4

i can get my moniters to do a 2048x768 resolution but i cant figure out how to get my games to play at that

why would you want to play an fps on two monitors? you wouldn't be able to see the crosshairs.

Goat said:
why would you want to play an fps on two monitors? you wouldn't be able to see the crosshairs.
oh, crap I didnt even think about that. ditto, man.

do you have a matrox parehlia?

if not then there's no real gaming card that can handle three monitors that i know of. I'm not too fimiliar with SLI but i know that it can handle four monitors cause of the four total connections, but i doubt it'll get the right geometry with three.

Goat said:

i would still liek to try this tho even if somethign liek that happened

Goat said:
do you have a matrox parehlia?

if not then there's no real gaming card that can handle three monitors that i know of. I'm not too fimiliar with SLI but i know that it can handle four monitors cause of the four total connections, but i doubt it'll get the right geometry with three.

And even if you do have a parhelia, you still don't have a gaming card that can do this, either :)

in case you don't get the joke, parhelia =! gaming card [parhelia does not equal gaming card]

can you think of a better card that supports three monitors that's meant for games?

If a card has dual link DVI, then it can support more than two monitors, yes? If so, then the quadro FX4000 would do. It's not meant for games, but it gets impressive framerates in HL2 and Doom3

complex said:
well i jsut hooked up my dads 2 17" lcd's to my 6800 gt and it looks amazing but but i want to find out how to get the game to stretch across both in a game

any help will be GREATLY appreciated
The other problem you'll face is that on consumer cards that support 2 displays off a single card, only 1 display is hardware-accelerated. Dual-accelerated displays is supported on the workstation class cards, like the aforementioned QuadroFX line but they typically suck at games. SLI is also an option but you obviously need a second card.

robberbaron said:
If a card has dual link DVI, then it can support more than two monitors, yes? If so, then the quadro FX4000 would do. It's not meant for games, but it gets impressive framerates in HL2 and Doom3

cool....i didn't know those cards did well in newer games.....much less any games.

Goat said:
cool....i didn't know those cards did well in newer games.....much less any games.

He forgot to tell you one very important thing..

the FX4000 is around $1,500

This is another reason why I went 23" Widescreen.....I would just game on 1 of your 17" and be happy with that......To much trouble/money to make your situation work...

darktiger said:
This is another reason why I went 23" Widescreen.....I would just game on 1 of your 17" and be happy with that......To much trouble/money to make your situation work...

Agreed.

LaForge, i've seen em before on sites.......i love going on newegg and finding the most expensive video card on there :p .

Back