Getting a code 10 on my second video card

jacuzz1

Supreme [H]ardness
Hey guys, I am a little stumped here. I am running a gtx280 for my 30 and my 1703, i have a 22 laying around so i decided to hook that up. I popped in a 8800 Gt and fire her up and my device manage shows the card but with a code 10 error.

I booted to my cmos and swited from Peg/pci to pci/peg and rebooted and the 8800 gt works in vga mode but the 280 becomes un usable. I switched things back and have my daul monitors again but need to somehow get the gt working.

Has anybody else encountered this? I want to try loading a driver for the 8800 series but wont it overight the driver for my 280? I wish there was a basic inf i could used via update driver or something. The 8800 gt is showing in my device manager as a basic vga with the typical yellow explanation mark

I would appreciate any help you may give since three monitors would be great.

Ok I solved the problem by using browsing to the nvidia folder with the 280inf and once windows said that the current basic vga driver was best I clicked show me a list to choose from. I then select 260 gtx even though its an 8800 and bang the third monitor came up and athough windows warned against loading the driver , it now thinks i have a 260 instead of a 8800

Back