Getting a A10-7850K! What GPU(s) can crossfire with this APU?

Johnny Digital

Limp Gawd
Here are my specs...

AMD A10-7850K APU
Asus A88X Pro Mothereboard
8GB G.Skill Ares DDR3 2133MHz

What GPU(s) can crossfire with the A10?

Thanks in advance.

You can crossfire a R7 240 or a R7 250 with it, or any other AMD GCN GPU can be used and the APU will be used for secondary functions like physics processing in games.

GCN is not a physics processor as of yet. Mantle may bring it, but it does not provide the functionality that PhysX does for nVidia

Yeah, the asynchronous Crossfire hasn't been implemented yet. It's supposedly will come in the future allowing the APU's GPU to do physics while something more powerful like an R9 270X or 290X will handle the graphics.

It's more of a wait and see approach when this will happen.

However, as Spaz said, R7 240 or 250 should Crossfire with it.

Yeah, the asynchronous Crossfire hasn't been implemented yet. It's supposedly will come in the future allowing the APU's GPU to do physics while something more powerful like an R9 270X or 290X will handle the graphics.

It's more of a wait and see approach when this will happen.

Is it going to be in a form of a driver update ?

The GPU in the 7850K is a R7-255, if you can find a 255 then that will be the highest card that can crossfire.

Just make sure you know that the 240 is not HDCP compliant and the 250 is if you are going to be doing any sort of tv tuner and cable card with it.

I just got 2 of the 7850K's from Microcenter and am updating my HTPC's with them. Love living less than 5 minutes from a Microcenter!

I paired my 7850k with a BF4 290X card. Of course the 290x mines while i game on the 7850k :)

Make sure you buy some fast DDR3. I got some visiontek 2133 for $40 from tiger.

Is speed more a concern, or latency when it comes to IGP memory consideration? Take for instance: would you rather: 1600 CL9 or 2133 CL11?

Is speed more a concern, or latency when it comes to IGP memory consideration? Take for instance: would you rather: 1600 CL9 or 2133 CL11?
DDR3-2133 with CL 11 is faster than DDR3-1600 with CL 9 via latency and bandwidth.

Corsair did an article on bandwidth scaling and latency.

There are orolly sweetspots and difference between applications which do a lot better due to it giving a real boost towards computing, games however should see a decent boost from this.

Back