Get your tweaked Jetway AGDMS & ECS RS480-M bioses here!

Diablo, I can definitely relate in terms of trying to trying to keep up with both Intel and AMD, it seems as soon as I focus on one company the other changes completely.

On the subject of in-OS-overclocking, ClockGen came to mind. Does this program work with the Jetway board? I'm looking at it as well for a possible SFF build, and all this work on it's BIOS has further influenced my decision. I popped over to cpuid.com to see if the Jetway AGDMS was supported. While Jetway wasn't directly mentioned the MSI board with the same southbridge was. Is it safe to assume that ClockGen will work with the Jetway board?
ClockGen's Supported chipsets

Solar said:
Diablo, I can definitely relate in terms of trying to trying to keep up with both Intel and AMD, it seems as soon as I focus on one company the other changes completely.

On the subject of in-OS-overclocking, ClockGen came to mind. Does this program work with the Jetway board? I'm looking at it as well for a possible SFF build, and all this work on it's BIOS has further influenced my decision. I popped over to cpuid.com to see if the Jetway AGDMS was supported. While Jetway wasn't directly mentioned the MSI board with the same southbridge was. Is it safe to assume that ClockGen will work with the Jetway board?
ClockGen's Supported chipsets

I got "SMBus interface not found" when i tryed clockgen on my jetway pro just now. Looks like it doesn't. I have that MSI board that does support clockgen in a box, but I figured this jetway board with the better onboard sound + heatsink on southbridge would be smarter to stick too.

Plus I like its temp and volt monitoring program that shows eveything you would need to look at. Well almost, timings should of been incorperated and it would be perfect. Wish clockgen worked for this board cuz i tryed overclocking but not sure what im doing wrong, not able too for some reason, confused on what timings to set on my memory and the new features compared to the dfi nf2 ultra b i was on im not sure im configuring right.

Is there any program that allows the Jetway to do in OS overclocking?

Don't think so. Bug cpuz (frank) over @ xtremesystems.org. He needs the numbers off the PLL chip in order to make a version of clockgen for it. That's what he needed for the MSI.

Don't ask me which one the PLL chip is. :)

He is sort of pushing for donationsto help "inspire" himself to use his free time on new revisions. Bribing him would not hurt. :D I didn't see it as really critical for the Jetway since everything was almost in the bios and now it is. The Jetway proggy is cool looking for monitoring your system (just wish it would show in the tray minimized) and you can do extensive timing tweaks with A64tweaker.

thanks for the help guys, I should be getting my Motherboard and CPU in the next day or 2 as well as my new Video card.
I really only have one llast quistion. I was looking on ATIs site for Windows XP 64bit drivers but all I found was the catilyst drivers for onboard video. I need to get another copy of windows and thought I would just get the 64bit version but I dont know where to get all the drivers I will need.

So what are people doing/getting with this new BIOS? I am having some issues. At the moment I am at 270MHz but I have lost ethernet.

What is the top speed you are hitting with the Jetway?

Edit...

287MHz is apparently the highest the BIOS will allow us to go, no matter wtat you enter in the freq field. Anything over 287 defaults to 287. :(

Just slapped her together tonight. On my Venice 3200, 270 seems to be the limit. My onboard LAN also craps out at that number. At this speed, you can't reset, but have to power down and start back up. This leads me to believe that there are possibly dividers on this board, but no locks. I can't get my Adata PC4200 to do crap on this board either, and I'll probably try my TwinMOS tommorrow.

MassiveOverkill said:
Just slapped her together tonight. On my Venice 3200, 270 seems to be the limit. My onboard LAN also craps out at that number. At this speed, you can't reset, but have to power down and start back up. This leads me to believe that there are possibly dividers on this board, but no locks. I can't get my Adata PC4200 to do crap on this board either, and I'll probably try my TwinMOS tommorrow.

try raiseing the chipset voltage , it may help on the reboot problem

lan is another problem which i dont have a answer to

still waiting on my bix radiator , so i can build a case for this system. i hate haveing to use it on this table

Jen

MassiveOverkill said:
All voltages are maxed out. Turns out 270 isn't stable :
(

lower multiplier so that its not overclocking cpu , then try for 270 fsb

i used it for my 3500+ with prime stable 24 hrs at 270 fsb .

Jen

Yeah, did that too. I'm at 265x10 stable (max is 10 for 3200), so I may settle here for now. Once the water cooling is installed, I may go back to 270.

With this jetway pro im 270 stable. default voltages all around. I am using a NIC card now though, as the onboard wont work after 250. Mult is 9 and HTT is x3.

Im scared to push it further cause if it craps out I have to use the clear cmos jumper and im SICK OF DOING THAT. ;)

tuphdc said:
With this jetway pro im 270 stable. default voltages all around. I am using a NIC card now though, as the onboard wont work after 250. Mult is 9 and HTT is x3.

Im scared to push it further cause if it craps out I have to use the clear cmos jumper and im SICK OF DOING THAT. ;)

insert + delete keys work for me when i screw up , only on rare occasions have had to clear the cmos

hugs

Jen

^ Holding F1 should also do the same thing. Was a while before I heard about that one myself.

I wouldn't use Win64 just yet, if you game. Last I checked, you get like a 25% penalty in gaming for using it. There are obviously still some things that need to be worked out.

sleepeeg3 said:
I wouldn't use Win64 just yet, if you game. Last I checked, you get like a 25% penalty in gaming for using it. There are obviously still some things that need to be worked out.
Yeah I been doing some more reading on it and it seems that it has alot of problems, better to stay with the 32bit version for a while.

Anyone found a version of Clockgen that works with the jetway Pro board yet, Let me know please?

Looks like we have some skilled users here. I've been sort of enjoying the Jetway board myself and have been pushing a AMD 4400+ quite easily. However, I have been having a peculiar problem and looking to determine the source so I can resolve this.

It pertains to the SATA setup. I cannot seem to get any form of RAID to work, or at least with Win XP (and Win x64). Now, I've heard a little gossip of ULi south chip not happy with Windows. But I'm not sure if this is the true source. Setting up the RAID is fine, SATA bios shows raid name, Windows install... reads RAID driver, and sees the drive. It even installs the 1st phase to copy files, but after first reboot, the "SCSI" boot drive is not found! (I have IDE DVD drive) It seems like bios is not able to see RAIDed boot drives. If I remove the RAID setup and just use 2 SATA drives it sees them fine, and Windows installs fine (used currently). Interestingly, recreating the RAID a few times and then installing windows, setup will see two drives! It is inconsistent with what is created in SATA bios! :mad:
I'm now on the xx03 bios, and used three different ULi SATA drivers. I'm now using Win x64 (primarity for development, but games too, of witch have worked well so far) Was really hoping to setup RAID. Any thoughts on true source of problem?

My memory keeps defaulting back to 333mhz even tho I have DDR400. I am also having some trouble with the microphone settings, could you all with the Jetway Board look at http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1028011566 and give me some help. I would really apreaceat it.

I flashed the modded Bios posted in this thread, I am giving overclocking a stab, I ma now running 225x10 at 1.5 core volts. I didn't try overclocking to 225 at 1.4, I just puched in those #s as they seemed right to me. I have everything else at defaults. I kinda see overclocking the CPU a little useless at this point as I am Limited by my video card, I gained 400points in 3dmark05 by overclocking the video card, but I didn't gain anything by overclocking the CPU.
I really need to get reading up on all these setting you all are talking about so I know a little more about what I am doing, Anyone know a good place to look to catch up on all this!

Take the memory divider off AUTO and set it to a fixed 200 on startup.

You should be able to run that speed at stock volts. Try www.extremeoverclocking.com and read the stickies. Probably the best place for new overclockers.

3DMark05 is designed to eliminate the CPU from the score. You should still notice a difference in actual gaming, though. Anandtech had an article that the 6600GT was fast enough to scale higher with a faster CPU (bottlenecked IOW).

I know this is slightly off topic for this thread, but this thread is the main reason I'm interested in the Jetway. I read on another forum that the Zalman 7000b CPU heatsink won't work however, and was wondering if anyone could confirm or deny this.

Just thought I'd let you guys know, I'm currently getting another board from Newegg because the BIOS is scrambled on my current Jetway. I'll know for sure once the new board gets here, but be careful going past 270. This happened during overclocking, and not during flashing BIOS. I was using the modded BIOS, but Jetway sent me the A3 BIOS with working (I was told, obviously haven't been able to try it yet) memory dividers, but the hypertransport multipliers are left at 800 and 1000..............I was told there was a good reason why they didn't enable the 600.

jhoffman80 said:
I know this is slightly off topic for this thread, but this thread is the main reason I'm interested in the Jetway. I read on another forum that the Zalman 7000b CPU heatsink won't work however, and was wondering if anyone could confirm or deny this.

I have a zalman 7000 on my Jetway and it fits just fine!

MassiveOverkill said:
Just thought I'd let you guys know, I'm currently getting another board from Newegg because the BIOS is scrambled on my current Jetway. I'll know for sure once the new board gets here, but be careful going past 270. This happened during overclocking, and not during flashing BIOS. I was using the modded BIOS, but Jetway sent me the A3 BIOS with working (I was told, obviously haven't been able to try it yet) memory dividers, but the hypertransport multipliers are left at 800 and 1000..............I was told there was a good reason why they didn't enable the 600.

This sounds scary... so if one pushes the FSB too high your bios can get hosed? Am I understanding this correctly?

Probably didn't enable HTx3, because they didn't want people overclocking past 250MHz...

Yes, that can happen on any board, but generally when they are getting near their limits. I have borked a few. Probably what happens 50% of the time when people say they have a "dead" board. Leaving the battery out or the CMOS clear jumper 'on' for awhile sometimes fixes it. If you have another board, you can always hotflash. I had to do that a couple of times when I was tweaking with the timings on the ECS bios.

That said, it's not real common. Maybe 1/500 times, pushing the board.

Ok, I got to 240fsbx10. At 250 I get Errors on Prime 94 and Memtest restarts my computer right away. At 250 I think my memopry speed was set to about 386 (133 devider?) at 240 my memory speed is 413 I think (166 memory devider?) I had the HTT set to 800 for both I believe. I tried 250 before trying 240. I am kinda unsure of what I am doing even after reading the faq at http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/showthread.php?t=151373 I guess I need to go back and read it again now that I have played with the bios a little. Should I try setting the HTT Multi to 600? is 800 to high for trying to hit 250fsb? My goal is to hit 250 perfectly stable.

What has me a little confused is the HTT settings, If the HTT Multi's sre 1000, 800, 600, ect. I dont rememeber seeing a setting for the HTT frequency anywhere, I need to go back in and look. But if there like 4x and 5x then the names seem a little Bass Ackwards to me :)
And where about should I be for my Ram timings?There Speced for 2.5-6-3-3
http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16820144305
Feel free to let me know if I am going about this all in the wrong way or not.

I tried hot flashing using an Nforce2 board, but it didn't go succesfully..............probably since the chipsets are too different from each other. I'll hot flash again when the new board comes in, just to have a spare BIOS chip to OC with before I RMA it back.

The reason why they didn't enable the 3X HT multiplier is because it wouldn't always hold that setting when you used it.

anyone got the FSB above 250 using the ECS mobo with the provided bios in this thread>?

Wanted to thank you for the modded bios. I just got my Venice 3000+ to 9x267 @ 2.4 GHz. Weird thing with the dividers though, in the bios, I have it so I should have a 200 mhz clock on my ram, 9/12 divider. But in CPU-Z its showing with the 9/14 divider, so it shows the ram running at 171? Wondering if anyone else had that problem.

Here's my CPU-Z

Thanks for the modded bios, although i won't use it soon.

I got question - anybody overclocked the igp on ecs rs480-m mainboard?
i want to know if it worth it :)

Thanks.

rig :
a64 3000+ s939 venice
ecs rs480-m(1.0)
2*512 mb samsung PC3200
wd 80gb 8mb buffer SATA

sleepeeg3 said:
ECS RS480-M: (Based on 1.0 6/7 RX480-A bios)
-Adjustable timings!*
-VDIMM up to 2.9v!
-Set Dual-Channel Bank Interleaving = Enabled
-Disabled that frigging splash screen!**
-Onboard VGA is selectable on this version
*2t does not work for Trp or Trcd in bios, so I disabled these options. You can still lower these timings with A64Tweaker in Windows.
**If you do enable it, it will show the RS480-M one

What are the possibilities of adding the A64 Latency Timings setting (1t vs 2t) to this BIOS? AFAIK - with the above tweaks - that's all it is still missing.

dderidex said:
What are the possibilities of adding the A64 Latency Timings setting (1t vs 2t) to this BIOS? AFAIK - with the above tweaks - that's all it is still missing.

Hi, you can check A64Tweaker, google it.
(and if you can, tell me if it works :))

Morishani said:
Hi, you can check A64Tweaker, google it.
(and if you can, tell me if it works :))
Don't have one of these mobos yet - still deciding on the ECS vs the Jetway.

Very irritating that neither of the two boards offers all the features I'd want at once - both have SOMETHING right and SOMETHING wrong.

Still, the 1t/2t latency on the ECS would go long ways to solving this complaint.

Morishani said:
whats wrong in the Jetway mobo?
20-pin ATX power connector instead of 24-pin.

Apparently, the 24-pin is needed to deliver more than 75W to the PCI-E card. Since I'm using an X800XL that is entirely powered by the PCI-E bus (no external power connector), I'm concerned that may limit my overclock on the graphics card.

Otherwise, the Jetway board really does have the advantage. Integrated ram for the integrated video means that when I'm between graphics cards, I can still have a passable gaming experience. 4 ram slots is awesome - means I can use a DDR Booster if nothing else. And, of course, the better tweaking options.

But, then, there is that damnable 20-pin ATX connector!

dderidex said:
20-pin ATX power connector instead of 24-pin.

Apparently, the 24-pin is needed to deliver more than 75W to the PCI-E card. Since I'm using an X800XL that is entirely powered by the PCI-E bus (no external power connector), I'm concerned that may limit my overclock on the graphics card.

Otherwise, the Jetway board really does have the advantage. Integrated ram for the integrated video means that when I'm between graphics cards, I can still have a passable gaming experience. 4 ram slots is awesome - means I can use a DDR Booster if nothing else. And, of course, the better tweaking options.

But, then, there is that damnable 20-pin ATX connector!

Thats why you don't get a video card without an external power connector :)

I'dve preferred a 6800GT. But the X800XL was only $250 - that's a hard bargain to pass up!

dderidex said:
I'dve preferred a 6800GT. But the X800XL was only $250 - that's a hard bargain to pass up!

Plus in my experience that even though the 6800GT may technically be better. X800XL seems to handle games more smoothly. I believe nvidia = higher fps and ati = smoother graphics

Diablo2K, set a fixed divider and move the HTT to 600 (x3). If you want it to be less wardassback, divide by 200. ;)

swatX, that 250fsb is either a built-in hardware limitation or the freq generator isn't designed for that bios. Don't think anything is going to change that limit, unfortunately.

ND40oz, the 183/200 divider was one of those options I unhid. Unforunately, it sounds like it doesn't work and it's setting it to a 133/200 divider, which sucketh maximus. Guess I'll hide the option again and suggest you use A64Tweaker if you want to run a 183 divider - that should work.

dderidix, it should be in there bro... :cool: 1T/2T Memory Timing (command rate). Should be right under "row refresh cycle time." Oh and the 20-pin connector is an excuse to buy an X850XT. You know that is cheaper than a 512MB X800XL...

The "official" Jetway A03 bios came out, so if I ever get a chance, I'll build an updated bios based on it. If there is really truth about the x3 HT multi not working right AND it was not already fixed in the week since I was hooked up with the beta, then it should at least fix that.

Edit: Thanks, MO ;) Working on a ton of stuff right now, but will try to get this modded soon.

Back