Get Monster Hunter: World for Free When Purchasing Select NVIDIA Video Cards

cageymaru

Fully [H]
NVIDIA is offering a copy of the smash PC worldwide hit game Monster Hunter: World for free to purchasers of select video cards. The game will be bundled with qualifying GeForce GTX 1070 Ti, 1070, or 1060 graphics card.

For a limited time, buy a GeForce GTX Get Monster Hunter: World. In Monster Hunter: World, you'll hunt gigantic monsters in amazing landscapes while crafting epic weapons to take on even bigger, badder beasts. Upgrade your weaponry with a GeForce GTX 10 Series-powered graphics card, and enjoy the ultimate hunting experience.

MHW is a great game, if not the most well optimized game on PC. If you were already considering a 10xx card, this is a great sweetener to the deal.

So, does the fact that this is on 10xx cards instead of 20xx cards say more about the inventory glut of old cards, the lack of inventory of new cards, or some of both?

I would assume it's more about generating sell-through on older inventory that's already bought and paid for, but that's just a guess.

So, does the fact that this is on 10xx cards instead of 20xx cards say more about the inventory glut of old cards, the lack of inventory of new cards, or some of both?

I would assume it's more about generating sell-through on older inventory that's already bought and paid for, but that's just a guess.
They don't need a incentive to move 20xx cards. They selling out. They want to clear out the 10xx serise.

Dang wonder if i can put in my own card i bought a few months back or something.

Last “free” game code I got showed as 59.99 on my Newegg invoice, screwing my credit card price protection. And when I had my system together after waiting on my cpu and entered the code, I got a nice “this code has expired” message and a big too bad so sad from nvidia support

My 1070Ti struggles in some zones with MHW. I think it's the poor optimization of gas/smoke particles

I wouldn't read too much into a free game like it's some grand, overarcing clue or insight into the state of Nvidia GPU sales.

It's ... a free game.

Lol, nope. You find, and kill, monsters. Things many times bigger than you.

The only catching going on is catching up with the monsters.

Technically, you can capture the monsters, but you gotta beat the shit out of them first. So I guess in that way it's like Pokemon. Except that's literally the only way it's like it.

interesting that they're bundling this with the 1000 series and not the latest RTX...I guess the 2000 series games are reserved for ray tracing

Dang wonder if i can put in my own card i bought a few months back or something.

It can't hurt to try. It has been a few years, but I ran into a deal like this back when I bought my 9-series card. I bought my card 2 months before they did a promo for 2 free Ubisoft games. I contacted Nvidia and they were cool with me sending them the older receipt. Just like with anything like this, the key is to act either incredibly disappointed or angry even if you couldn't care less. Indifference will get you nowhere, but pretending to be emotional sadly will.

No 1080Ti? I am thinking I would be better off going from the 980Ti to the 1080Ti and continue waiting. This game looks neat and would sweeten the deal.

I wouldn't read too much into a free game like it's some grand, overarcing clue or insight into the state of Nvidia GPU sales.

It's ... a free game.

But you don’t normally need to incentivize something that’s already selling well. I would agree with the idea that this is a move to get rid of stubborn 10xx series inventory.

Hhahahahaha!!! Oh so right... trying to sell cut down versions of the 1080 GPU because of the massive overstock of them. Yes even the most recent 1060 is a cut down version of the 1080. And you know why??? It's really some those GPU's that could not cut the mustered as a 1080. The overstock is definitely real and I think I posted here as over 3 million in the entire Video gaming market. The 20 series are doing a great job keeping the 1080's close to MSRP...

AS... it was intended too... When I do my research in any market it is most thorough.

Back