Get h70, astec 620, or save and get w/c

Sludacris7

n00b
My question is whether to get an all in one cooler like the antec 620 or h70. My case would be hard to do a w/c loop the way I want to make it. I want the radiator inside the case.
I have a sunbeam core contact. I assume that will fit the 1155. It was really good 3 years ago.
Should I save money and spend $600+ on a case and loop?

My case is a gigabyte aurora (version 1) and I attached a fan to the side-panel grill (blowing into the videocard), a fan behind the hd cage, and another below the drive bay. My airflow is awesome when my fans are full speed.
Noise is not an issue because I use headphones or turn the volume up.
I really want a mountain mod case and w/c loop.

Just upgraded from p5b plus, e6420 @ 3.16 v1.4 3.56 v1.5 (not always stable b/c ram ratio), 2gb ddr2, and 4850.

The snow is delaying my asrock p67extreme4 and msi 560ti. (I hate my msi 4850, the fan clicked from day 1. It performed well. But, I took a chance. They can't mess up twice. /cross fingers.

Personally, I think if you want to watercool, you should get it done right, not with one of those all-in-one solutions.

All-in-one solutions tend to perform about as well as air coolers in their price range. The $60 (on average) H50 will perform about the same as a $60 air cooler, and the same goes for the H70. In the case of the H70, I believe it is comparable to or slightly inferior to the top air coolers, like the Noctua NH-D14, while costing the same or slightly more.

If you really want to mountain mod with w/c, then that is your choice for your own personal enjoyment. If you're concerned about pricing, there's many cases that can handle good watercooling setups with little/no modification while keeping everything internal. All these cases cost about $200 or less. Examples are the HAF X, HAF 932, Cosmos S, Cosmos 1000, ACTS 840, and many others (sorry for naming only Cooler Master cases, those are the ones I'm familiar with). I personally like the Cosmos 1000 because I'm able to fit a 3x140 radiator inside the case with relatively minimal modding. If you go with one of the cases listed above, all (with the exception of the Cosmos 1000) will fit a 3x120 radiator natively, no modifications required. Then you can get a XSPC Rasa kit with an RX 360 radiator for $200, netting you about $350-400 (depending on the case) for a full watercooling setup. If you don't mind refurbished cases, I've seen the Cosmos S go for about $70-80 on Cooler Master's website.

Full water-cooling, you're going to end up there anyway. (Speaking from experience)

you can get the Rasa kit for simplicity, or piece together your own setup. Why is the Gigabyte case not adequate? I see two 120mm fans on the rear, perfect place for a RS240 rad

Thanks for the replies.
Tsumi: I have thought of those cases and my gut reaction says to spend an extra 100-150 for a case I will use for very long time. The corsair 800d is very tempting.
86 5.0L: you are probably right. The rasa kit is almost the same price as an h70, I like the swiftech kit too. how much difference is there between the 2? Im worried about the rasa's pump/res.

The spacing of the psu and width of the case makes it hard to fit a dual on that spot. I have done alot of searches and havent been able to find someone making it inside the case. People just have the rad on the back or: I could do some dremel work and attach one on the top...

Going for full water cooling is way better. That is what happen to me, I got lazy when I build my 1156, so I just got a H50, now within 1 year, I am upgrading to full water cooling.

I have a full setup now, but am thinking of the antec 620 for my next build. I will be getting a smaller case and space is now a concern for me.

The xspc kit is indeed tempting. It is also economical, but even at 130, it is $60 dollars over the antec 620.

Price, space, simplicity. All things you gotta consider.

Back