Get Battlefield 3 For Free

I got excited until I realized that I already own it/it isn't Battlefield 4.

I got as far as installing Origin for the first time... then immediately deleted Origin, realizing I'd rather not even play the game if I need Origin.

Oh well, it's on my account at least.

I really don't see a problem with Origin. It's not very different from Steam. Only problem is that it has EA behind it.

If only I could log in. My login isn't working, and neither is their password change mechanism.

ea.... even in giving stuff away for free you are making it impossible for me to like you.
cant get into origin, cant get through to ea using any method, acct recovery options are not working at all.

way to go about re-enforcing my already low view of you ea... bravo.

:mad: I don't like Origin and I especially despise EA. Not interested and I hope EA reads this and chokes on it.

I can't let it go at that. I hated Steam in the beginning! I mean I really hated the idea of them being in control of my bought and paid for games. They have turned out to be a blessing to the gaming community. And the fact that Valve is a privately owned company and not a corporation is even more proof they mean well. Cudos to Valve and KMA Origin/EA! :mad:

I can't let it go at that. I hated Steam in the beginning! I mean I really hated the idea of them being in control of my bought and paid for games. They have turned out to be a blessing to the gaming community. And the fact that Valve is a privately owned company and not a corporation is even more proof they mean well. Cudos to Valve and KMA Origin/EA! :mad:

Gotta remember that at least when Steam sucked at the beginning, they were trying something new. Origin is nothing more than a copy, and will not have the ambition or timescale to develop it into something useful. It'll just be scrapped in a year or two for some new dumbass idea.

Lol, this whole " origin is the devil" excuse is hilarious. Anyway, EA is trying to promote battlefield because people are lightly playing bf4. They have the money to give away bf3 because it will interest people in the actual BF series.(not like the free bf if you've ever played that garbage.)

start game ...browser opens ...quick match.... load game... load map... enter game. Take two steps, your team lost. next game will start in 30sec, most everyone leaves on 1 team. (had a few full round but often this
Return to desktop, rince, repeat... i miss BF2 already... :p

Lol, this whole " origin is the devil" excuse is hilarious. Anyway, EA is trying to promote battlefield because people are lightly playing bf4. They have the money to give away bf3 because it will interest people in the actual BF series.(not like the free bf if you've ever played that garbage.)

Not just Origin. EA in general. Anything that that company produces is a cancer upon the gaming world.

What a joke this thing is.

By the time you get the link to reset your password, the link is expired. I've tried 6 times so far with the same result.

I snagged it to just play the SP campaign. Could care less about the MP. Gets me out of a MMO bubble for a little while. :p

Well at least I can finally play BF3 with all my stingy friends who refused to buy it when it came out however many years ago.

What a joke this thing is.

By the time you get the link to reset your password, the link is expired. I've tried 6 times so far with the same result.

at least you're getting the emails.... tried resetting it 5 or 6 times now.... have yet to get a single email.
tried going to chat support.... 25 minutes later, still no chat session gave up. put myself in queue for a callback... that was about 4hrs ago roughly and still no callback.

called their support number directly? get a voice message that says to put yourself in queue off the website and then it hangs up on you.

Steve- Perhaps that might make something useful to write about?

BF3 Capture the flag is the most fun i have had in Multiplayer FPS in a LONG time. I played hours on Nebandon flats. I am pretty good at taking the bad with the good though so if you go in to it with an open mind it can be fun (hey it is free afterall)

I like BF3 and enjoy BF4 when I can play.

Origin isn't buggy for me. I just don't care for it. I just don't like having multiple clients. Steam, Origin, GameFly has one and some other one... Games on sale that require a different one...

I lost my Origin password a few years ago.. I've had sporadic attempts at trying to reset the password, never got any email response...

I tried today and their email system immediately took a giant shit, and, while I finally got email replies, they were all expired links.

Fuck EA. Fuck them with a fork to the groin.

If you hated Steam for all the ways that it could have panned out to be bad, and now hate Origin to the point that the thought of even installing it in order to get a free game turns your stomach... You might be a complete hypocrite. I would make the argument that if you DO log in to Origin and get your free game, you're doing more damage to EA than good because you'll be tying up some of their bandwidth. Sitting on a forum trying to get PC gamer street cred by yelling at EA on a forum they don't read is certainly not damaging them in the slightest. FWIW I have gotten BF1942, Dead Space, Dead Space 2, and Plants Vs Zombies all for free. If you think that me getting free shit somehow strengthens EA, you have some pretty crazy ideals.

I like BF3 and enjoy BF4 when I can play.

Origin isn't buggy for me. I just don't care for it. I just don't like having multiple clients. Steam, Origin, GameFly has one and some other one... Games on sale that require a different one...

I don't understand this mentality. No one forces you to have all 10 of them running simultaneously. If you must have Steam open to speak to friends while playing a game on another service I seriously doubt your PC is potato enough to be strained by 2 programs.

Sounds like a lot of you guys could use KeePass.

This is what I was thinking. Origin's login system is definitely a huge pain, but if you're enough of a PC user to be posting on these forums... You should probably be proficient in keeping your passwords straight.

I don't understand this mentality. No one forces you to have all 10 of them running simultaneously. If you must have Steam open to speak to friends while playing a game on another service I seriously doubt your PC is potato enough to be strained by 2 programs.

Definitely not running simultaneously. I can't see any reason for that. When I want to play Batman: Arkham Asylum, it's Origin. Ghostbusters is on GameFly (maybe Batman is, too). Too many games spread around. I found out that I had Ghostbusters after logging into Gamefly a while back and seeing it there. Forgot I bought it. PC could handle all of them at once, I'm sure. But, I like to keep it lean.

I've never had a password reset system take more than 5 mins.. The only reason I lost the password for it was because I had to make an account way back when DA:O came out and never really played it, and completely forgot about it.

Then I went to make an account later and realized I already had one. Ever since it's just been no response to resets... Then I forgot about it again until today.

I'm finally getting emails now but they're like, 4 hours after I try to reset and the links are expired.. And I finally talked to somebody and they were completely useless, telling me it's fix and try again.

Meh, I have Origin installed and it's no better or worse than Steam. With it, I was able to get all of Westwood's Command and Conquer pack (what, like 10 games?) for $9, and I had a tremendous time playing all of them as internet gaming was maturing before the Gamespy days. So for that, I cannot hate on Origin.

I'll fire up Origin tonight and see if I can snatch BF3 just for the sake of owning it before the deal expires. Maybe someday I'll play it when I'm bored of everything else.

I subscribed for free then got BF3 but I didn't get the confirmation email for whatever reason. I don't really understand what was going on there.

In any case, with a GeForce 8800GS, 2 GB RAM and a dual-core 2.8 GHz AMD Athlon X2 5400+, it kind of lagged a lot. (I'm still waiting to buy a quad-core CPU for the mobo and RAM I bought.)

disabling origin in game helped make it run better.
Choosing games by servers instead of quick match has been much better at finding games that last more than a few rounds.

For peeps with 2gb of ram on older systems, having the web browser open is around 300~400mb of ram used. Once you choose a server, wait till it says loading then u can close the browser. You'll get alot less stuttering.

Back