Get a used 670 or 760 ??

metallicaband

Limp Gawd
If they're priced the same (I'd say in the $140-150 range), which should I go for in your opinion? Any specific models I should look for ? (e.g Gigabyte WF..etc)

Thanks!

670 is slightly faster and maybe cooler, depending on model. (http://www.anandtech.com/show/7103/nvidia-geforce-gtx-760-review/9 )

But they are really close enough that it's a wash.

I've had two different 670's, an EVGA FTW Signature 2, as well as an ASUS Direct CU II.

No complaints with either.

I'd say take whichever one (670 or 760) you can get a good deal on. Going with a 760, you could get a card that's newer.

Heck, seems like you could almost buy a 760 new now for $160 or so, taking into account MIR, visacheckout, and a game code sale. (Though it doesn't look like the 760 has any game code incentives right now.)

i think the 760 is faster than the 670???

nope the 670 its faster.. just a bit.. but its faster.. i would look for a 670 OP.. if you can find the FTW Signature 2 from EVGA.. thats for me the best edition..

nope the 670 its faster.. just a bit.. but its faster.. i would look for a 670 OP.. if you can find the FTW Signature 2 from EVGA.. thats for me the best edition..

IIRC, it came down to OC's. Stock for stock the two traded blows, so it came down to which OC'd higher. The 760 had higher clocks from the start, but less cores.

i think the 760 is faster than the 670???

The 670 has 192 more shader cores than the 760. Specs are otherwise identical, same memory speed/bandwidth and same amount of ROP and TMUs. A stock 760 will sometimes slightly beat a stock 670 in games where the extra shader count doesn't matter as much as the higher stock frequencies of the 760.

The 670 has 192 more shader cores than the 760. Specs are otherwise identical, same memory speed/bandwidth and same amount of ROP and TMUs. A stock 760 will sometimes slightly beat a stock 670 in games where the extra shader count doesn't matter as much as the higher stock frequencies of the 760.

The GTX760 has 96 TMU. The GTX670 has 112 TMU.

Thanks a lot for replying all, since the difference isn't that much I guess it would be better to just go with the best deal I could find whether it's 760 or 670 and focus more on its cooling and how long it has been used.

670 would be my choice. The 760 is literally just a cut-down and overclocked 670. If you had a choice between two identically-performing engines, one naturally-aspirated and one turbocharged, what would you pick? The objectively better choice is the naturally-aspirated engine.

If you go with a 670 you can overclock and get more performance than an overclocked 760 is capable of (because at stock, the 760 is already near the max overclock frequency). Or you could stay at stock clocks and run cooler, quieter, slightly faster, and more stable for a longer period of time than a stock 760.

Back