Get a Free smartphone at Bestbuy

WarriorX

2[H]4U
Best Buy has a new smartphone promotion in which you can get select smartphones for Free on every Friday of next month(October). Each Friday will offer a different selection of phones from the various carriers. October 1st will have the Fascinate, BlackBerry Curve, HTC Aria and Samsung Gravity 3 for free. Looks like it will be for new customers, and upgrades only.

Visit the link for more info.
http://www.bby.com/2010/09/28/tgif-...-free-phone-fridays-for-the-month-of-october/

Pretty cool deal. Might have to go check out the fascinate. Anybody know what Best Buy's exchange policy is? Do they allow you to get a replacement before 30 days or exchange for a different phone(paying the difference of course)? Im still undecided on the Droid X or the SF and would like the option to swap if need be.

looks like it's not limited to bestbuy. wirefly.com has similar pricing (free aria, $10 fascinate). Also has $10 samsung captivate (AT&T) with a new account.

You can get Fascinate for .01 on amazon.

I have read that if you choose to cancel the contract you not only have to pay Verizon cancellation fees, but Amazons too. The same goes for Wirefly. Not sure if Best Buy is like that also but its just another option. I personally wouldn't get a phone online because if something happens, i gotta pay to ship it instead of driving to Verizon or BB. Plus the BB deal works for upgrades also. The Amazon and Wirefly deals are for new accounts only I believe.

of course BB has some form of ETF and knowing them it's prolly steep

I got a fascinate from BB yesterday and I am liking it so far. One of my concerns is the GPS is inaccurate, and the uncertainty of when it will be fixed.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

you can usually find decent deals on phones but thats not the issue its the data plans that get crazy expensive especially at verizon. i think att&t is a little cheaper now depending on what you want.

Garbage, they require a new contract to get the free phones :(. I was hoping they were just giving out free smart phones.. so deceiving :mad:.

not srs :p

you can usually find decent deals on phones but thats not the issue its the data plans that get crazy expensive especially at verizon. i think att&t is a little cheaper now depending on what you want.

If you want a smartphone, you should expect a dataplan. Verizon is $30 'unlimited' right now but they are going to tier plans once the 4g networks start showing up.

Garbage, they require a new contract to get the free phones :(. I was hoping they were just giving out free smart phones.. so deceiving :mad:.

not srs :p

I got my Fascinate using my upgrade.

If you want a smartphone, you should expect a dataplan. Verizon is $30 'unlimited' right now but they are going to tier plans once the 4g networks start showing up.

I got my Fascinate using my upgrade.

Yeah, I meant to say that "upgrade" counts as a new contract" :p. I can do an annual upgrade this December, I dunno if I'm ready to get rid of my Droid yet though. It still has the largest dev/ROM community and vanilla android makes sure it gets updated quickly. If the Droid Pro is vanilla Android (which I doubt), then I'll go for that.

Yeah, I meant to say that "upgrade" counts as a new contract" :p. I can do an annual upgrade this December, I dunno if I'm ready to get rid of my Droid yet though. It still has the largest dev/ROM community and vanilla android makes sure it gets updated quickly. If the Droid Pro is vanilla Android (which I doubt), then I'll go for that.

Just thought I would chime in here....I called up and asked Verizon about these deals and annual upgrade. Here is what they told me:

You can do an annual upgrade anytime after 1 year, up until 20 months. During this time, you can get promotional pricing on a new phone, provided you sign a new 2 year contract. You cannot use New Every 2 until you have passed the 20 month mark.

Verizon does not price match any of these deals. In order to take advantage of annual upgrade, the phones must be purchased from verizon.

So basically, unless you qualify for NE2, you can't take advantage of any of these deals (or unless you are a new customer).

I have read that if you choose to cancel the contract you not only have to pay Verizon cancellation fees, but Amazons too. The same goes for Wirefly. Not sure if Best Buy is like that also but its just another option. I personally wouldn't get a phone online because if something happens, i gotta pay to ship it instead of driving to Verizon or BB. Plus the BB deal works for upgrades also. The Amazon and Wirefly deals are for new accounts only I believe.

Not true on almost every count.

There are no Amazon cancellation fees, only the carrier.
And at least concerning insurance on phones, it is done through the carrier, not amazon.... or more appropriately, Asurion.

Just thought I would chime in here....I called up and asked Verizon about these deals and annual upgrade. Here is what they told me:

You can do an annual upgrade anytime after 1 year, up until 20 months. During this time, you can get promotional pricing on a new phone, provided you sign a new 2 year contract. You cannot use New Every 2 until you have passed the 20 month mark.

Verizon does not price match any of these deals. In order to take advantage of annual upgrade, the phones must be purchased from verizon.

So basically, unless you qualify for NE2, you can't take advantage of any of these deals (or unless you are a new customer).

Yeah, I knew this from when I got my Droid last December. I was like a month away from my 20 month mark on a NE2 upgrade, but a Verizon rep let me have my Droid for NE2 pricing anyways. If you do an annual upgrade through Verizon, you still get NE2 price, but you're supposed to get charged $20 for an early upgrade fee (the rep waived the fee in my case though).

Last time I went to BB, the mobile people kept flagging me down to see when I'm eligible for an upgrade and their date coincided with my NE2 date (August 2011). I might actually be happy with my Droid until then. But for only $20 (if I can't get it waived again), I might upgrade early again to get that new Droid Terminator or something.

Back