Get A 7800 GT/X now or wait for ATi...?

very impressive results from the x1800 series, within a very short time.....I just hope my 7800s have some magic in them as well. :D

DASHlT said:
Well considering they are now just tweaking their memory controller, Nvidia overclocking a card will only work for so long, because ATI is just now starting to tweak it to get out as much perforamce as they possibly can.

This is only in openGL i might add. They also mentioned they will start tweaking it for D3D as well.

blah spelling errors

What you mean just overclocking their cards? they been out for over 3 months already, infact I own one.. 490/1300 stock. :D

The advantage is coming from the extra memory bandwidth, that is all.. raw speed the GTX comes out ahead so with extra bandwidth it should pull ahead even with AA/AF enabled but we don't have 1500Mhz GTX's to test that yet. Damn my crappy 4 month old GTX only being about to do 1450MHz memory. :cool:

trinibwoy said:
Yep, and as soon as I see some XL numbers with the fix I'll be assured that this isn't just a memory controller tweak that allows the XT to make good use of it's 25% bandwidth advantage ;) Notice there are no noAA/noAF results with the fix for the X1800XT - if it was a general OpenGL fix those numbers would be higher as well.

Well, considering the XL is using 1.4nx RAM good to 1400mhz I'm sure the XL will get the healthy boost as well.

ncantador said:
If I'm not mistaken (I happen to own the same monitor), The 2005 only supports 60hz at native (which is 1680x1050) if you want a higher scan rate you have to drop the resolution down. Forcing it higher really can damage the monitor, (I've done this with an NEC I used to own), but it is possible within the driver.

Actually you're mistaken, 75 hz is well within the monitor's specifications at native resolution. You just need the right drivers to force it and the nVidia drivers happen to do that :) Here's a link for you for more info. on the matter: http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=942537

Back