Germany wants to COMPLETLY ban Violent video games

Status
Not open for further replies.
sabrewolf732 said:
I advise you to research it. As the above poster said, america isn't what everyone still thinks it is.

QF extreme amounts of truth. Glad I don't live there, I would move right away. And I wouldn't have said the same thing 7 or 8 years ago, that's for sure.

The German government has imposed game censorship for years.

The first GTA game was illegal.

Any display of the swastika is totally illegal, which I guess makes sense, but then this is including historical games. MoH:AA was banned because of this. As was the original Wolf3D.

There is absolutely NO blood or gore in the German version of F.E.A.R.

OT: However, the next German who wants to belittle America and cite Michael Moore and tell me how America is no longer free is going to have a fight.

Politics is best left to Usenet and the moderators have already asked people to stay on topic.

IMO, violence in games is a non issue. The people upholding the video game myth are either interested in stifling the freedom of speech for a less then favorable demographic or capitalizing on the hype created by the first to capture voters attention. For either reason, motivations are for self interests and not about civic concern.

In the realm of possible threats against children or society in general, the most violent and degrading game wouldn't register in the top ten thousand.

The conclusions of the research comparing drug addiction of gaming is flawed. What researchers described is the biological process of enjoying something. The same types of responses are present in our every day lives, existing between a shower and clean underwear in the morning to your favorite late night television show.

Researchers obviously came to a conclusion before the research even began. Simply the same junk science that is so prevalent when influencing laws and justice denoting an, as of yet, undiagnosed criminal psychosis of the researchers themselves. The only treatment (for this unnamed psychosis) showing any types of success is electro-shock therapy. Unfortunately, no one can be found who can resist the temptation of electrocuting these poor, mentally deficient folk. The disease remains untreatable.

I thinks its comical that several folks on here that are so against this and other measures europe has taken are the same people that go on and on about how great Europe is and would renounce their US citizenship without ever having been to Europe...

PCJ said:
Same as how Germany isn't what every American thinks it is.

Some facts about Germany:

- People live in houses, drive cars and buy their food at the supermarket
- Our government is not a fascist one
- Banning violent video games has NOTHING to do with WWII. Do a search on "bjps", it's just a bunch of people that think violence is bad. btw, most of the games that have been banned so far were not WWII games. Some WWII games had their content changed slightly though. Swastikas removed, etc.
- There are no tigers in Gemany
- Most Germans are not proud of our history. Those that are proud of it and say it out loud get arrested.
- Our highways don't have a speed limit

Anyone else see something wrong with the highlighted words here?

Kinda Contradicts Bullit Point Number 2 there cheif..

TheBluePill said:
Anyone else see something wrong with the highlighted words here?

Kinda Contradicts Bullit Point Number 2 there cheif..

No, I don't see a contradiction. There's things you can say in America that will get you arrested. Hate crime type stuff, and I'm sure that's how Germany is handling the legality of it. Restricting free speech doesn't automatically make you fascist.

Back on topic: the Germans can just buy non-European/German versions of the blood thirsty games they want.

I'm the Dude said:
No, I don't see a contradiction. There's things you can say in America that will get you arrested. Hate crime type stuff, and I'm sure that's how Germany is handling the legality of it. Restricting free speech doesn't automatically make you fascist.
I hate all white people, i wish they would all die, and would be a happier person if they did not exist. Oh, BTW i think the KKK was the best american group and wish that everyone was a member.

That won't get me arrested, freedom of speech FTW.

I don't enjoy violent video games, so i just ignore them and play my RTS's and some BF.

ignitionxvi said:
I hate all white people, i wish they would all die, and would be a happier person if they did not exist. Oh, BTW i think the KKK was the best american group and wish that everyone was a member.

I don't enjoy violent video games, so i just ignore them and play my RTS's and some BF.

And it wouldn't get you arrested in Germany either if you were a German and posting it on the internet.

ignitionxvi said:

Hah, that doesn't really make any sense, although I understand you were just saying it to make a point; its just funny :-p

I'm the Dude said:
And it wouldn't get you arrested in Germany either if you were a German and posting it on the internet.
the KKK are legally allowed to march in the united states, however, could a group of "hitler youth" form a protest in germany? i think not.

ignitionxvi said:
the KKK are legally allowed to march in the united states, however, could a group of "hitler youth" form a protest in germany? i think not.

Yay? :rolleyes:

Since this conversation is no longer about gaming...

Take the political discussion to the soapbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back