George Lucas Is Reportedly Fixing Luke Skywalker for "Star Wars: Episode IX"

It just seemed like Johnson wanted to basically kill off everything that was set up in TFA in regards to Snoke, Rey's parents identity, finally bringing Luke back etc.

Regardless of the other awkward aspects of the movie and the prior one, this really stood out. This movie more or less shot off in its own direction while pushing the previous one to the side.

Maybe they will Force Vision (dream sequence) TLJ and this movie can continue where TFA left off. It is our only hope.

I’d be good with that. A long premonition. Like the fight in Twilight. She foresaw it and can change it.

Other franchises have pretty much done it.

The bad Terminator sequels.
Halloween (2018)
Superman Returns

Not to name countless reboots.

We could just have the next Star Wars being Star Wars: Episode VII, This Time For Real Edition!

The Matrix... I showed my kids the first one and was like, “that’s it. Neo saved everyone.” And didn’t mention there were additional films lol.

Luke was not the only problem. Apparently people can learn how to master a light saber much faster

But if you want a do over just use time travel :D

I'm not sure they could possibly screw it up worse than TLJ. Maybe? Seems impossible. Absolutely hated TLJ. Solo was better, Rogue One was better yet IMO.

Its too late to fix this mess, they should mop up whats left on the floor (hint: kill em all off) and take up some of the lore and characters from the books.

Oh plz...
Gotta say the marketing machine that is Disney is impressive.
This is ALL bullshit, nothing but manufactured bs to get the fans warmed up again.
Don't believe it for a second, even if George Lucas himself says something. All bullshit. The movie will be a POS, Star Wars is done.

Last edited:
Reactions: Madoc
like this
I want them to explore the origins of Exar Kun, but they never will....:(

If Lucas is involved then whatever he produces/fixes will be a lot better than what has been produced in the last few years.

I almost thought this was a joke! I had to see if it was April fools. Honestly more interested in just seeing where it goes. Perhaps thought George and Abrams could be quite the team.

tenor.gif

Solo wasn't bad at all. Even enjoyed it as much the 2nd time around, which is an important characteristic of good star wars movies. Main problem for Solo was the bad timing of coming out during major fan burnout from the other ones.

too much starwars too fast my hope they go to vaders castle

Not sure why everyone is so super upset about the Luke stuff.

Him dying to protect the young bucks escape was the same way ben went out... with the added projection stuff. Otherwise same deal. Distraction Self Sacrifice... new hero escapes to fight another day.

They just did the self sacrifice in the second of their movies... and added a story of disillusionment with the notion of Light and Dark. Luke was ready to go full Grey... path of moderation. In the end his hope is rekindled and he sacrifices himself so the Light can survive and rise to meet the dark in the next installment.

Other then a few odd inclusions like the warm green milk diet stuff... I thought Luke was perhaps the only thing they did right in TLJ.

HE is coming back of course... the same way obiwan came back in empire. I doubt he has any scenes with his lost pupil, they will focus on him appearing to Ray to do a proper job training her. Although as its Lucas I look forward to the final Ben Solo / Luke waving bye bye scene as some furry creatures set off fireworks and play conga music with some first order lids. lol

read the books and youll know why people are pissed

read the books and youll know why people are pissed

I have... one has nothing to do with the other. They aren't canon. Or at least Disney says they aren't. lol

As your standard garden variety geek that has read to many comic books... I'm ok with different takes on the same characters. Stories using them don't have to respect each other imo. Don't get me wrong I am not saying TLJ was a perfect Star wars movie... it just gets a lot of hate that it doesn't deserve over silly things. imo we can disagree.

Watched the original trilogy when they were released back in the day. I still can't figure out how Lucas fucked up making the prequels. After The Empire Strikes Back, the franchise became nothing but a money grab.

like this
Regardless of the other awkward aspects of the movie and the prior one, this really stood out. This movie more or less shot off in its own direction while pushing the previous one to the side.
Yeah, it was pretty jarring. It reeked of ego on the part of Johnson. You know there was no way Abrams had anything like he lightsaber-over-the-shoulder yuk-yuk thing in mind when he shot that final scene in TFA.

...HE is coming back of course... the same way obiwan came back in empire. I doubt he has any scenes with his lost pupil, they will focus on him appearing to Ray to do a proper job training her. Although as its Lucas I look forward to the final Ben Solo / Luke waving bye bye scene as some furry creatures set off fireworks and play conga music with some first order lids. lol

God dammit, I’m angry at myself for thinking this... but if Lucas / Abrams can clean up the mess of 8 and give Luke some significant screen time, then I will probably be handing Disney another ticket sale.

Easy fix, Luke was looking into the future on the death rock, while Ray was bringing his light saber. Future is not clear and with some fucked up scenes which he giggles at. He becomes alert to the present, meets Ray and grabs the light saber from her and thanks her. Tells her she better be ready for training. Real story begins.

Easy fix, Luke was looking into the future on the death rock, while Ray was bringing his light saber. Future is not clear and with some fucked up scenes which he giggles at. He becomes alert to the present, meets Ray and grabs the light saber from her and thanks her. Tells her she better be ready for training. Real story begins.

Then they have to make even more movies... cause you know she'll have to get trained then leave because she knows better to save her friends from the evil dudes in a cloud city. Then she can come back in the follow up just to pointlessly watch him fade into nothing, cause you know old age.

You can argue the strength of the rejection of the jedi story for Luke... but the seeing the strength in the new kid and facing big bad in a distraction battle so the new kid can live to fight another day is right out of IV.... I thought Johnson perhaps even did a better job of making it clear that is what was going on. (not that spelling things out in big letters is always better)

The projection stuff to me does nothing but show how Luke had progressed in his knowledge beyond his teachers. He tracked down the old Jedi books and learned some new old tricks. No doubt he even read the disclaimer on the force projection... Warning projecting light years away may result in oneness. lol

The story that is really lost in TLJ is that of every other character. Its a movie who's point seems to be jumping in without a plan leads to failure... cause every other character Ray, Poe, Finn without any clear wise direction just react the entire time and F up everything they touch. TLJ is exactly what it says it is... its the story about the last jedi. At the start of the movie that is Luke... at the end its Ray. His story is well flushed out... THE only problem I have with it is Snoke SHOULD never have been in either film. Dude had no place in the story... and weakens Lukes story directly. With no Snoke Lukes disgust with himself for being the reason the Dark side rides again would have been much stronger. Not to mention that we could have skipped all the stupid Ben Solo teen angst BS. Solo could have still died in the first one... just not at the direction of Snoke. But perhaps after some mad self ranting with a silent Vader Helmet. Snoke is really the problem with both films. Without snoke I think it would have been even easier for people to accept that Luke could think of ending his Nephew when he realized he was becoming a new Dark lord all on his own.... and also that he couldn't bring himself to kill him.

I think the Luke story line of TLJ was strong... but Johnson instead of trying to make that work with Snoke almost just gave up and ended him, instead of modifying his idea. Really the entire Snoke thing Fd things up if TLJ was the direction they where always planning to go. There was no need of for a new emperor. Ben Solo was all the evil they needed. It would have made Lukes pain quite real. Instead I do agree that its sort of like Luke wtf why are you not fighting Snoke... bastard turned your nephew. Snoke is the issue with both stories.

Last edited:
Not sure why everyone is so super upset about the Luke stuff.

Him dying to protect the young bucks escape was the same way ben went out... with the added projection stuff. Otherwise same deal. Distraction Self Sacrifice... new hero escapes to fight another day.

They just did the self sacrifice in the second of their movies... and added a story of disillusionment with the notion of Light and Dark. Luke was ready to go full Grey... path of moderation. In the end his hope is rekindled and he sacrifices himself so the Light can survive and rise to meet the dark in the next installment.

Other then a few odd inclusions like the warm green milk diet stuff... I thought Luke was perhaps the only thing they did right in TLJ.

Well Hamill and everyone else was wrong. Its perfectly in keeping. Luke vanquished the dark side... he turned his father back to the light and watched him end the last sith. Then he set out to recreate the Jedi Order... only to find out his nephew and most powerful pupil has been turned. Sure I buy a moment of... oh no wth have I done. I have allowed the dark side a path to live again. Seems like a logical thought to have in that moment of realization. It also seems to me that someone with Lukes perspective after that would say... yes Either extreme leads to pain. Moderation is the only answer. (its even fitting with the Buddhist Star Wars themes that have always been there)

Ya they didn't F Luke up at all... Perhaps they just made him a little too human for some peoples liking.
aci8a.jpg

Well Luke looking at different time lines and honing in which one killed the biggest threat, Snook, could justify the TLJ story. Except this virtually left the rebellon totally defeated hence a new timeline, new story even with Snook alive which he may have to deal with. Story wise I would have Luke seeing different scenarios such as Ben getting killed by Snook as well as Ray, pivoting around Snook.

The character assasination could be fixed dealing with Luke, the biggest problem with TLJ. The utterly ridiculas storylines erased, except from our wounded minds.

DO agree this will make a separate new real trilogy.

Last edited:
Then they have to make even more movies... cause you know she'll have to get trained then leave because she knows better to save her friends from the evil dudes in a cloud city. Then she can come back in the follow up just to pointlessly watch him fade into nothing, cause you know old age.

You can argue the strength of the rejection of the jedi story for Luke... but the seeing the strength in the new kid and facing big bad in a distraction battle so the new kid can live to fight another day is right out of IV.... I thought Johnson perhaps even did a better job of making it clear that is what was going on. (not that spelling things out in big letters is always better)

The projection stuff to me does nothing but show how Luke had progressed in his knowledge beyond his teachers. He tracked down the old Jedi books and learned some new old tricks. No doubt he even read the disclaimer on the force projection... Warning projecting light years away may result in oneness. lol

The story that is really lost in TLJ is that of every other character. Its a movie who's point seems to be jumping in without a plan leads to failure... cause every other character Ray, Poe, Finn without any clear wise direction just react the entire time and F up everything they touch. TLJ is exactly what it says it is... its the story about the last jedi. At the start of the movie that is Luke... at the end its Ray. His story is well flushed out... THE only problem I have with it is Snoke SHOULD never have been in either film. Dude had no place in the story... and weakens Lukes story directly. With no Snoke Lukes disgust with himself for being the reason the Dark side rides again would have been much stronger. Not to mention that we could have skipped all the stupid Ben Solo teen angst BS. Solo could have still died in the first one... just not at the direction of Snoke. But perhaps after some mad self ranting with a silent Vader Helmet. Snoke is really the problem with both films. Without snoke I think it would have been even easier for people to accept that Luke could think of ending his Nephew when he realized he was becoming a new Dark lord all on his own.... and also that he couldn't bring himself to kill him.

I think the Luke story line of TLJ was strong... but Johnson instead of trying to make that work with Snoke almost just gave up and ended him, instead of modifying his idea. Really the entire Snoke thing Fd things up if TLJ was the direction they where always planning to go. There was no need of for a new emperor. Ben Solo was all the evil they needed. It would have made Lukes pain quite real. Instead I do agree that its sort of like Luke wtf why are you not fighting Snoke... bastard turned your nephew. Snoke is the issue with both stories.

The Luke story of The Last Jedi was horrible. How could you possibly rationalize that literally the only person in the galaxy who thought the second most evil person in the galaxy could be redeemed suddenly decided to kill his own nephew because he thought the nephew was going dark side? That doesn't make any sense at all. It's as far out of character as you could possibly get.

Snoke wasn't an issue except for how useless he ended up being. He was practically the only decent aspect of the bad guys and that was mostly because we didn't know much of anything. It was the mystery that was intriguing and that mystery was ignored and cut off for no purpose in The Last Jedi.

You've also touched on another part of The Last Jedi which is extremely weak. Nothing any of the main characters does actually accomplishes anything. The whole movie is a bunch of nothingness.

Simply put, the movie was horrible with no redeeming qualities. A while back I tried watching it again (first viewing was in the theater) on Netflix and couldn't even get through the idiot bomber battle at the beginning before giving up. I don't particularly care for The Phantom Menace (which was prior to this my most disliked Star Wars movie) but I can actually sit through the movie and watch it again. I cannot do that with The Last Jedi and that is one of the most damning things I can think of when it comes to a movie.

I swear the point of The Last Jedi was to see how badly they could screw everything up. How badly they could screw up space battles. How badly they could screw up the idea of ignoring logistical issues for storytelling and fun battles and such. How badly they could screw up every character, new and old, so they don't even resemble what we've already seen. The list just goes on.

The Last Jedi did absolutely nothing right and I have no faith at all that they can "fix" it with the next movie. The only way to "fix" The Last Jedi is to officially announce that it was a huge mistake, they're going to act as if it was never made and make a new movie which is an actual Episode 8.

this is very much part of disney blame deflection plan. if the die hards hate they can just duck and point to lucas and say well he also fucked up the prequels blame him.

damn shame he decided to sell to disney he shoulda kept it and let a group of star wars die hards over see the project and follow The Thrawn Trilogy arc

Great, now could CBS also please get Ira Stephen Behr and the rest of the former DS9 staff to fix the complete mess that is STD (Star Trek Discovery)? Or at least to make sure the future Picard show is up to par?

Someone has to photo-edit a picture of Kathleen Kennedy as the woman being projected by R2D2's hologram and replace Obiwan Kenobi's face with George Lucas.

"Help us, Obi-one Lucas, you're our only hope!"

This might work though. Return of the Last Jedi was mostly directed by Richard Marquand and George Lucas more assist with screenplay and character direction. It's arguably one of the best Star Wars films so I don't see why it couldn't work here with J.J. Abrams being the driving force with Lucas assisting. I hope Abrams is at least as good as Marquand. Honestly, the worst thing about The Force Awakens was probably Leah, Chewie and Han's characters portrayals or arcs. If they were more true to the end of the original series and started from that place of character development, TFW could have been much better received and easily another point on the ten scale.

They had to kill off Han and Luke so that there would be no white male main protagonists. Only Disney roles left for straight white men are villains.

like this
God dammit, I’m angry at myself for thinking this... but if Lucas / Abrams can clean up the mess of 8 and give Luke some significant screen time, then I will probably be handing Disney another ticket sale.
Please don't. The best thing that could happen at this point is that Disney starts losing money, and they farm out via licensing. If they make money it will never happen, and we will have shit SW forever.

I think this franchise has suffered enough. Time to move on...
To save the franchise, I think they'd need to do the following:
1. Go to a different time frame. No cameos appearances from characters in the movies.
2. Don't design toys/merchandise first - focus on the script.
3. Maybe target a more mature audience? New Hope, Empire and Rogue One would be the best examples.

I'll see the upcoming SW movie even though TLJ was very bad. I just hope it's not worse.

Rambling: I never really liked Luke Skywalker's character. I always found him to be a whiny bitch. By far, Han Solo, Leia and Darth Vader were the heart of Star Wars. These characters had strong personalities and carried the torch. (At least in the original SW trilogy).

What's done is done.

Rather than a retcon, have ghost Luke torment kylo, a conscience he can't kill...

Back