Geohot has nads...

Interesting, but I don't think that's a good legal defense.

I think he should go on the offense, and always bring up Sony's rootkit every chance he gets. The crimes Sony has been allowed to get away with by corrupt politicians is far worse than anything he did.

The guy is a douche. Seriously, the guy has the biggest ego out there, I'd like to see him do this stuff in front of an ACTUAL person. His facial expressions deserves a punch, damn troll.

What a douche, hope he loses.

I really wanna punch him right in the cock sucker , I don't care about his current on going legal problems .. I just wanna fucking punch him fo rapin.

Seriously, the guy has the biggest ego out there.
Except he also has the skills to back it up.

I for one think the emo rage against him is because here is this kid who has no formal education worth mentioning, no life experience, and yet he managed to do what thousands of people around the world failed to do and now he's raking in the cash for it. In short, there's too much jealousy out there.

Regardless of his attitude, he's doing consumers a favor, you could argue that he is the reason why the courts sided with consumers in ruling that it is legal to jailbreak the iPhone.

someone hasn't been listening to his lawyers....

Also, the courts DID NOT "side with consumers in ruling that it is legal to jailbreak the iPhone." That is 100% false. The Library of Congress created an exception to the DMCA's anti-circumvention provisions (Section 1201 of the DMCA) pursuant to a rule in the same provision allowing them to create such exceptions as they see fit.

Previous to the Library of Congress doing this, courts unanimously held that jailbreaking phones was illegal, but the seminal case in this line of tech was a case dealing with jailbreaking tracphones to use on other networks.

If you have any more questions about circumvention, let me know. (I'm almost done with a law review article about it, so I know A LOT). Like it or not, the rule promulgated by Congress clearly makes GeoHot liable for what he is doing. Personally, I don't like it. But this is a LEGISLATIVE MATTER, and the courts should (at least under the conservative notion that judges shouldn't make law, but should do what the real lawmakers tell to do) hold GeoHot liable.

Except he also has the skills to back it up.

I for one think the emo rage against him is because here is this kid who has no formal education worth mentioning, no life experience, and yet he managed to do what thousands of people around the world failed to do and now he's raking in the cash for it. In short, there's too much jealousy out there.

Regardless of his attitude, he's doing consumers a favor, you could argue that he is the reason why the courts sided with consumers in ruling that it is legal to jailbreak the iPhone.

It's not jealousy. Its the way he acts. I couldn't care less how much skill he has. Its that he puts up a huge douchebag front.

He doesn't have the nickname Egohot for nothing. :p

While I wouldn't wish being the lightning rod against Sony's legal fury on anyone, at least this guy has a public image and track record. I'm sure this case would have been over and done with in Sony's favor had it been some basement dweller.

The guy is a douche. Seriously, the guy has the biggest ego out there, I'd like to see him do this stuff in front of an ACTUAL person. His facial expressions deserves a punch, damn troll.

What a douche, hope he loses.

If Sony wins this case, a legal precedent will be set which will firmly cement the DMCA's restrictions on modifying devices you legally own. This will affect everyone in the country. It would be pretty narrow-minded to desire this outcome simply because some guy who has major skills has an ego to match.

If Sony wins this case, a legal precedent will be set which will firmly cement the DMCA's restrictions on modifying devices you legally own. This will affect everyone in the country. It would be pretty narrow-minded to desire this outcome simply because some guy who has major skills has an ego to match.

haha, the legal precedent has long since been set...

You're wrong. This case is hinging on the classification of the PS3 as a computer, since Sony sold it as a Playstation Computer Entertainment System (PCES) and allowed people to install Linux on it. If Sony win's this, there will be a lot of fallout relating to how the DMCA applies to computer hardware.

Even if the precedent isn't set. GeoHot still deserves something harsh. But that's just me, I think the guy is a total bastard, and his attitude seriously needs to be re-aligned.

What about Sony's arrogant egomania? Sony sells the PS3 as a computer, and then disables it. Disabling someone's computer is a crime. If there was an honest lawyer in the Department of Justice, Sony would be in serious trouble.

What about Sony's arrogant egomania? Sony sells the PS3 as a computer, and then disables it. Disabling someone's computer is a crime. If there was an honest lawyer in the Department of Justice, Sony would be in serious trouble.

Two douchebags don't make a nice guy.

Interesting, but I don't think that's a good legal defense.

I think he should go on the offense, and always bring up Sony's rootkit every chance he gets. The crimes Sony has been allowed to get away with by corrupt politicians is far worse than anything he did.

What rootkit? The non-existent rootkit on the PS3 that the internet boogie man made up in an attempt to get Sony to look bad?

I find it funny that every system you own has a 'rootkit' such as this. Yet only sony gets called out for it being a 'rootkit'.

This kid has balls kudos to him for standing up to Sony. And some of you need to light up what are you 50? Go play the leaked copy of Crysis 2 and drink a Apricot Ale beer :D

I swear it sounds like some of you guys want to suck his dick the way you defend him. He is an arrogant jackass and deserves the beating Sony will give him.

I don't care about the guys attitude I just wish the courts would rule in his favor instead of continuing the trend of disallowing us accessing our hardware. I don't have a PS3, I am concerned about the ramifications this case will have for current and future hardware I own though.

i could give a flying.... about his attitude or his ego, all i give a crap about is what ends up happening in the case..

I swear it sounds like some of you guys want to suck his dick the way you defend him. He is an arrogant jackass and deserves the beating Sony will give him.

Don't cry just because everyone else doesn't love and blindly follow Sony like you do. Some people just prefer to think for themselves.

I am concerned about the ramifications this case will have for current and future hardware I own though.

x2

Geohot seems like a pretty standup dude IMO. He does the crap that he does for the community without requesting donations or compensation. He has every right to be cocky... and it's even funnier that it's at Sony's expense. I hate to think about how much money they payed their security experts to lock the system down :p

I just hope that he's not taking one for the team this time around.

As for the haters... who cares? It's funny to see people have so much hate for someone that they've never met, let alone talked to (that also happens to be securing their future ownership rights, or trying to at least). E-Thug fan boi 4L yo

Sorry man, not gay like you.

Seriously though, what has he done to you? Are we still in the 5th grade?

x2

Geohot seems like a pretty standup dude IMO. He does the crap that he does for the community without requesting donations or compensation. He has every right to be cocky... and it's even funnier that it's at Sony's expense. I hate to think about how much money they payed their security experts to lock the system down :p

I just hope that he's not taking one for the team this time around.

As for the haters... who cares? It's funny to see people have so much hate for someone that they've never met, let alone talked to (that also happens to be securing their future ownership rights, or trying to at least). E-Thug fan boi 4L yo

Yeah, geohot is pretty e-thug. I agree with you there ;).

dwgh.

Whether you like him or not, This is a huge case. I have been following this closely. While I agree that Sony is doing everything they can to calm the game developers and say their console is secure, I do have to question their methods. Any of you PS3 owners sign in to PSN lately? Do you know you have to agree to a NEW TOS?

Ugh all of you guys wishing the worst on geohot wtf is your problem did he come kick you in the balls no he is just another arrogant douche nozzle in a country full of arrogant douche nozzles.

Now thanks to this case he is getting tv interviews and publicity so good money couldn't buy better... All of his supporters are posting the magic set of hex numbers anywhere they can i think it has been posted here a few times. And worst thing sony can actually do to him is take away his psn account. They will loose this lawsuit or they will make a deal. If by some long shot geohot looses what he will get a fine and a slap on the wrists.

Sony should have done the following.
patched the console so the key no longer worked and allowed for some type of detection or patch that allowed older games to be ran. And implemented a new security scheme on the ps3 that was not susceptible to these key snatchers.

then sent a c&d to geohotz if anything.

Also does anyone remember the rumor that the fbi/homeland security was using ps3 other os ability as a server farm?

Any of you PS3 owners sign in to PSN lately? Do you know you have to agree to a NEW TOS?
PSN humm i havent been there in months... I wonder if my cfw psp can still access it... yep no problem.

Last edited:
Back