Gentle Typhoon AP-15 instock

rsantos97

Limp Gawd
Frozencpu.com has over 600 GT AP-15's in stock as of now. They also have the AP-29 instock. And they are only charging $15.95 for the AP-15.

Update...
Jab-tech.com also has them in stock for the same price.

Last edited:
nice find... now to convince myself I do not need these.

HSF, radiator fan(s), case fan(s). Use a fan speed controller for audible flexibility.

Oh, what I mean is, if you pretty much NEED a fan controller for the AP-29, what makes them stand apart from the regular ap-14 or ap-15?

You get much more cooling performance from an AP-29 than you get from a AP-15 at full speed. People who game with headphones usually don't mind the noise, because they can barely hear it anyways. And it's good for people who can only fit smaller radiators, but want lots of cooling performance.

Kinda like asking why some people buy 4500 RPM 120x38mm fans instead of 2000 RPM 120x38mm fans. Or why buy a 1700 RPM 120x25 mm fan when you can get a 1000 RPM one.

Tsumi is correct.

AP-29 and up don't NEED a fan controller, they're mostly for people who NEED the additional cooling of the higher speed fans. Yes, they're noisy, but you can't get around that if you're going to move that much air out of a 120mm fan. If you only occasionally need the extra cooling power....like when you game and put on headphones, then those fans and a controller are ideal. You can turn them down when you're just surfing the net and not heating anything up under a constant load....then crank them when you slap on your headphones to game and won't hear the noise.

There's also a 10% discount code for 1850rpm Gentle Typhoon fans at Koolertek, good through 5/4. Code is AP15KT

Last edited:
They had 730 or so when I ordered my 5 this morning before heading out.
Seems like they are going fast.

Damn, I'm still waiting for my $25 w/ free shipping AP15 from a UK site from like 1-1.5 weeks ago. With shipping here it's still about $20 though. Using some $3 600RPM fan on my Venomous X with 2500k stock at 60C load until then. Probably might as well do it passively, not sure how much an el cheapo fan would help...

I read on another board that they were going stop production on the AP15, is there any truth to that?

There was a gt successor announced by scythe some time ago. Dunno if it was the ap29/30 or something else.
Posted via Mobile Device

What about for an overclocked i7 950 that's being cooled by an Antec Kuhler 920? I'm not experienced enough with using a radiator to know when something is sufficient or overkill. Thanks. I might end up grabbing two ap-29 fans though I'm not sure how their static pressure is. San Ace might be my choice, I'm still researching it.

The gentle typhoons have really good static pressure for a 25mm thick fan, but it still cannot match most 38mm thick fans.

All the vendors are getting them back in stock, shipments went out last week. A certain large one up north has about 120 coming in stock late this week if UPS doesn't screw up.

Back