Gentle Typhoon 5400RPM: Good for watercooling?

rjolin01

[H]ard|Gawd
With Scythe Gentle Typhoon AP-15 1850RPM 120MM Fans being perhaps the most sought after yet most unavailable. I was wondering as to if the higher speed GT's are just as good?
Here is my scenario. I have 2 triple rads in my signature setup. I was thinking oof getting 6 of the GT 5400rpm fans and connecting them to a 6 fan controller. That way when not using intense programs like gaming and such I can idle them. These bad boys do about 150cfm at full power. I imagine being GT's they still have the awesome static pressure. I know it will be near ear blown noise with 6 at full power. But with fan controller I can find a sweet spot and just use full power when gaming and with sound up
Anywho give me you opinions.

This is the fan in question: http://www.frozencpu.com/products/1..._-_5400_RPM_D1225C12BBAP-31.html?tl=g36c15s60

Or should I go lower rpms? closest to the 1850 is a 3000rpm. If i go lower than 1850 how much cooling power will i lose? The Radiators i have are xspc rx and rs 360's.

Last edited:
I had 3 of those figuring i could control them with a fan controller. It didnt work i had the beefiest controller i could find (was 45 or 60 watts per channel) and they were uncontrollable. With them not being controllable they were so freakin loud it was like the space shuttle taking off!

I bought a load of the 1450rpm fans. They're really quiet but they're not very powerful.
I doubt they'd be that effective doubled up push/pull.

Afterwards I bought 3 of the 3000rrpm fans to run off a Koolance pump/reservoir/fan controller. They're better on the lowest setting than the 1450s at full.

AP-30 (4200 RPM) and AP-31 (5400 RPM) are more suitable for tighter spacing FPI radiators (ex: HWLabs Black Ice GTX Xtreme series).

Yours would work better with a 1850 RPM (if you can get it cheap) or 2150 RPM here.

Back