GeIL/GoldKey 8GB DDR3-1600/DDR3L-1600 CL11 $20 @ Microcenter B&M

yee245

Limp Gawd
It's "generic" stuff (1600MHz CL11), but at $20 for an 8GB stick, I think it's about the lowest price I think I've seen RAM in probably like 6 months. Buy 2 sticks and use the $5 retailmenot coupon, and you've got 16GB for $35+tax. Last time I bought desktop DDR3 was last summer when it was $40 for 16GB (2x8GB) kits of Crucial Ballistix Sport, and I don't recall seeing any better pricing.

I'm not sure if this is a limited run, or if it's the beginning of a larger shipment of cheap generic DDR3, since there weren't all that many of them at my local store, and there's varying inventory at the random assortment of Microcenters I checked online.

GeIL 8GB DDR3-1600 PC3-12800 Desktop Memory Module

GoldKey Technology 8GB DDR3L-1600 Desktop Memory Module

GoldKey Technology 8GB DDR3-1600 Desktop Memory Module

The GeIL RAM has GeIL chips. The GoldKey sticks have Hynix chips.

Maybe it was just my store, but I noticed the two GoldKey models might have their specs switched. The SKU that is titled DDR3L was actually DDR3, and the SKU with DDR3 was actually DDR3L. The part number on the GoldKey label ended in A and was marked as PC3-12800 for the DDR3L SKU, and the part number for the DDR3 SKU ended in AL and was marked as PC3-12800L. I looked up the number on the Hynix chips for the product listed as the DDR3 (the one with the DDR3L on the label), and it brought up a product page for 4Gb DDR3L chips. It's just something to pay attention to if you're looking to get these to put in a system that specifically needs DDR3L.

There's also a 4GB stick of DDR3 by GeIL for $13. Buy one of these plus one of the ones above, use the $5 RMN coupon, and you've got 12GB of DDR3 for $28+tax. Not a bad upgrade for a basic office machine, or something.

GeIL 4GB DDR3-1600 PC3-12800 Desktop Memory Module

Great deal op!!! I'd love to snag 4, but there are barely any available near me :(

Geil is not generic stuff. It's very good ram, just not flashy. This is a great deal!

Back