GeForce RTX 3090 Ti Founders Edition is NVIDIA’s first graphics card with 16-pin power connector

kac77

2[H]4U
GeForce RTX 3090 Ti Founders Edition is NVIDIA’s first graphics card with 16-pin power connector
Some custom designs, that will be unveiled on March 29, will have a TDP even higher than 450W. For instance, the ASUS ROG STRIX OC will ship with 480W TDP and still be adjustable up to 516W. Here, it is worth reminding that the maximum power that can be fed through the new PCIe Gen5 power connector and the PCIe slot itself is 525W.
As for the price, there are still some conflicting reports. The rumors about pricing that surfaced in the last 24 hours have mentioned $1,499, $1,999 or even 2,399 USD MSRP (that includes Founders Edition).

- https://videocardz.com/

FE implies there will be an official MSRP, which the 3080 12GB never got. So... legit effort this time, Nvidia?

Reactions: kac77
like this
Is it though? A halo product that is marginally better than one released 18 months ago near the end of the generational lifecycle? They are milking this for all they can.
Probably more to do with the fact that miners aren't going to be snatching this up at all due to massive power draw. Or even gamers won't touch it because most probably don't even have a 1000w psu.

Gamer's who are heavily invested in things like Triple-Screen setups or VR/Motion Rigs may opt for one of these, where those additional 10fps you get brute-forcing electrons into this thing might make your experience ever so slightly better, but for us normies...to whom this card is absolutely not marketed to.....I'd say 3070 Ti's or stock 3080's are the sweet spot, or "you've waited this long, just wait a little longer" and see what AMD and the 4000's are cooking up. This is the card you get when you rely on people watching you game on your YouTube channel for income every month. But I really don't consider it a HALO product because HALO products (to me) are usually desirable but unobtainable....this is more unnecessary and unwanted and you'll be able to get one because of the disproportionately high cost of the damned things...... someone might choose to dig this deep for reasons like the ones above.

Probably more to do with the fact that miners aren't going to be snatching this up at all due to massive power draw. Or even gamers won't touch it because most probably don't even have a 1000w psu.

I know it's easy to yell "Crypto Bad" at everything, but no miner would be running this card at 450+W or whatever the stock TDP is on these things.

Back