NVIDIA RTX 3060 Ti Founders Edition
GIGABYTE RTX 3060 Ti GAMING OC PRO
๐Ÿ‡ญ๐Ÿ‡ฐ
XFASTEST Hong Kong
๐Ÿ“‹
๐Ÿ“ฝ๏ธ
NVIDIA RTX 3060 Ti Founders Edition
ZOTAC RTX 3060 Ti Twin Edge

Looks like a great card coming out in 6 months.
For $400, if you can actually buy one for that (saw they are $470 and $500 at retail), it looks to be an excellent upgrade path. I just got done with the Hardware Unboxed review (Steve is my goto for first review in the morning) and the 3060 Ti looks to be an awesome card for most gamers. Not a true 4K card, but good for about all other resolutions. Still not a REAL ray tracing card for the most part.

Looks like a nice bump up for those with RTX 2070 (non-Super) or lower in the stack. Do we have any intel on what supply looks like, or more of the same..?

tl;dr for anyone not wanting to watch videos, yes it's basically a 2080-Super level of performance. Seems to be right on the edge of 4k for existing content, depending how many bells and whistles you put on for but definitely not future proof, but a fairly decent 1440 card.

Feel free to grab at Microcenter, but for the 99% of us who aren't anywhere near one, good luck fighting against the bots... unless you have your own purchase bots.

I know I'm showing my age here but $400 for a midtier GPU is just hard to stomach. This tier of performance used to be $199 just a couple gens ago. Are the days of entry level gaming PCs just gone?

I hate console gaming but for $499 you can get a console with a similar performing GPU aaaaand all of the rest of the components.

Trickle down Nvidia I watched the Gamerz Nexus review basically it's a 2080 Super.

Reviewers have 10x next gen videocards than forum members. Exaggeration (probably), but definitely feels like it. It might be easier to become a reviewer with enough following to get a next gen videocard than through retail.

Nice, not a bad card for the MSRP, a bit more meh if it's gonna retail closer to $500 though.
Depends on the AIB partners really. If they simply made a run of the mill graphic card then it'll be closer to if not at MSRP, but they start throwing RGB shit in there that's going easily add 10%+ they slap their premium brand name labeling on it (e.g. ROG, Aorus, etc) then that'll add another 10-15%. If you look at the 3070 and 3080 cards there absolutely are MSRP costing cards out there and they look absolutely plain as hell, "stock" coolers with the janky looking plastic shroud, smaller heatsink/pipes, no back plate, etc, and I would expect similar things with the 3060Ti cards too, maybe even more so because as the "enthusiasm" increases so does the need to see pretty graphics card in a case.

For $400, if you can actually buy one for that (saw they are $470 and $500 at retail), it looks to be an excellent upgrade path. I just got done with the Hardware Unboxed review (Steve is my goto for first review in the morning) and the 3060 Ti looks to be an awesome card for most gamers. Not a true 4K card, but good for about all other resolutions. Still not a REAL ray tracing card for the most part.

Damn thats a big triple fan cooler for a x60 level card. One of the reasons I went with a 2060S last year was they were a good fit for smaller matx and itx cases.

I know I'm showing my age here but $400 for a midtier GPU is just hard to stomach. This tier of performance used to be $199 just a couple gens ago. Are the days of entry level gaming PCs just gone?

I hate console gaming but for $499 you can get a console with a similar performing GPU aaaaand all of the rest of the components.

The 960 was the last time a x60 series card launched at $199. That was almost six years ago.

The 960 was the last time a x60 series card launched at $199. That was almost six years ago.
๐Ÿ™„ Even then the 1060 was only $249 and the 2060 $299

It doesn't really change my point at all.

I've been around long enough to not say PC gaming is dying, but these prices are certainly becoming quite the barrier to entry. I guess it's a good thing for many users 1080p gpu requirements have become relatively stagnant. It will be interesting to see if more powerful consoles push games far enough that you actually need a $400 card for 1080p gameplay and how the market reacts if so.

In my experience most gamers don't start with $1500-2000 PCs. I could certainly see a lot more newcomers opting for the console life if prices keep jumping like this.

On the plus side we are getting 2080 performance for a lot less money now, so we may be moving in the right direction, in some ass backwards way. I guess it really depends on what lower end cards come down the pipeline.

Last edited:
Looks like a great card coming out in 6 months.
It'll be less than 6 months. The feeding frenzy is slowly getting sated and the scalpers will continue only so long as it is going on. I expect by the end of January it'll all be settled and getting things should be reasonably easy.

The 2060 super was also 399. So no increase in price for same teir since last gen. This is not a 3060, it's a 3060ti.

I'm with you, but my memory is worse because I was thinking "I remember when the x60 series was around $270 and positioned as the best bang for your buck". $199 is too far back to recall for me. I think NV got smart a few years back and realized since they have 70% of the market, they can bump the prices up and people will still buy them.

Now you see the x60 series card where to x70 used to be and the x70 where the x80 used to be.

At this rate it won't surprise me if the next x50 card is $300 lol

You are correct, but also I think the big thing is they created more performance options. This card is close to the previous series x80 series in performance, where before a x70 series card would have held that title. These cards needing 8 pin power connectors should also give a hint that even though they carry a x60 badge they are higher performance than older x60 cards. The market has increased for top tier cards so they needed some way to push down higher performance parts to make more room at the top. So yes the price has gone up, but these cards have the performance to warrant it IMO. So if in the past you used to buy a x70 series card you could buy a x60 series card and it would offer the price / perf you used to get.

I was expecting slight better 1440p performance from this I guess....presume this is then the 1080 card to get.

illli

Last Generationโ€™s RTX 2060 SUPER and RTX 2080 SUPER​

Before we talk about what the new GeForce RTX 3060 Ti offers, and what it aims for, letโ€™s review last generationโ€™s $399 equivalent. The GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER launched in July of 2019. This was the successor and replacement/upgrade from the original GeForce RTX 2060 which launched six months earlier in January 2019 at $349. [

Yet another GPU that you will not be able to get...
You probably have a better shot at getting one of these than a 3080 or XT at this point, the lower you go in the MSRP range the more likely you are going to find people constrained by their budgets, or people who simply can't justify spending more for their particular needs, so people are much less likely to throw more money at a scalpers GPU when its not the highest of the high end...... With the 6800 XT's and the 3080's, you literally can't spend more money to get more performance.......people are going for the best they can get, money be damned, and they'll pay it.....for awhile. This is one of those things people might go $50 over MSRP but why would you spend $100+ more when a little patience is going to get you a much faster GPU for that same $100. With the 3080's and such.....it's a different equation.

I've been around long enough to not say PC gaming is dying, but these prices are certainly becoming quite the barrier to entry.
If we go by history then the GTX 1060 will rain supreme for a while longer. Most PC gamers don't go above $250 often for their GPU's. Most gamers don't go above $200 for their CPU. While the RTX 3060 Ti is pretty nice for $400, it's also $150 more than most gamers are willing to spend on a graphics card to play Cyber Punk 2077. It's still a high end graphics card, just not as high end as the 3070/3080/3090.

Considering the GTX 1060 is 4 years old now, and that nothing from Nvidia or AMD has displaced it, you'd think that both companies would race to make the replacement for the GTX 1060 and RX 480/580 graphic cards. I'm aware of the GTX 1660/1650 as well as the 5600XT, but they were minor improvements for the same price. No GTX 1060 or RX480 owner would buy any of these.
It will be interesting to see if more powerful consoles push games far enough that you actually need a $400 card for 1080p gameplay and how the market reacts if so.
If Cyber Punk 2077 is any indication, then probably business as usual. It does recommend a GTX 1060, and not a RTX 2070 or 2080. The truth is the consoles are just not as powerful as people expect. Firstly, you have the Xbox Series S, which is not very powerful. Considering Microsoft expects games to be made for it as well as the Xbox Series X, then a lot of GTX 1060 owners may still not have a reason to upgrade. Then you have the PS5 which has been somewhat reported to be about the same as a RTX 2060 Super. Over time this will change as games on console begin to utilize the hardware better and PC games get a lack of optimization with some exceptions like Doom Eternal.
In my experience most gamers don't start with $1500-2000 PCs. I could certainly see a lot more newcomers opting for the console life if prices keep jumping like this.
My current PC is not anywhere near as much as $1500, let alone $2k. Most people who get into PC gaming will probably budget around $800-$1000. Probably a good deal more will just use a laptop that isn't for gaming. I don't see people jumping on consoles when the $500 price and $70 games is going to deter people.
On the plus side we are getting 2080 performance for a lot less money now, so we may be moving in the right direction, in some ass backwards way. I guess it really depends on what lower end cards come down the pipeline.
We are getting the performance of a $700 graphics card for $400. It sounds good until you realize the RTX 2000 series cards didn't sell well due to high prices. We are moving in the right direction but very slowly and still expensive. Hopefully the RTX 3060 is cheaper and only slightly slower than a 3060 Ti.

yup EVGA is still selling B-stock 2080 Supers for $700 ... like seriously? Do they think they can squeak out some market share? 20 series cards should be going on fire sale, because right now the only thing that's preventing them from being 100% unsellable is the absolute lack of availability of 30 series card

yup EVGA is still selling B-stock 2080 Supers for $700 ... like seriously? Do they think they can squeak out some market share? 20 series cards should be going on fire sale, because right now the only thing that's preventing them from being 100% unsellable is the absolute lack of availability of 30 series card
They will sell until the flood of gpus come. Getting a new 3000 series gpu right now is like trying to suck water out of a rock.

Yes, the console companies are taking a loss up front on the hardware, but theyโ€™re making it up on the software and subscription fees. I donโ€™t need a subscription for PC multiplayer, and I donโ€™t need to pay $70 for every game I play because I can wait 6 months for it to be 60-70% off on Steam. Iโ€™m not much in to consoles, so Iโ€™m not sure how it works there, but there is no Steam-like option as far as I know. The only consoles I have are Nintendo, and I almost never see their games get appreciably reduced in price.

Last edited:
Give it 24 months and you will never know that $99 and $199 video cards ever existed. Say b-bye!
I'm hoping we see some interesting apus slot into that position with Zen 3 cores and next Gen graphics, proving you don't need a dedicated graphics card to play even the latest games, albeit with settings turned down a bit.

I'm hoping we see some interesting apus slot into that position with Zen 3 cores and next Gen graphics, proving you don't need a dedicated graphics card to play even the latest games, albeit with settings turned down a bit.
Exactly.

Trickle down Nvidia I watched the Gamerz Nexus review basically it's a 2080 Super.
The other thing I found interesting in that review was that their OC'd 3060Ti was pretty close to a stock 3070 in a lot of games - and they both have the same 8GB of vRAM.

They don't want scaplers flipping them for profit, and that price is on par for ebay sales, plus you get a year warranty out of it.

Impressive performance, especially at 1440p.

Seriously considering one for my kid's computer...hopefully there will be stock and I can actually buy one before the 4000 series is in full swing.

The other thing I found interesting in that review was that their OC'd 3060Ti was pretty close to a stock 3070 in a lot of games - and they both have the same 8GB of vRAM.
What you are seeing is NVIDIA restructuring its entire Ampere product stack.

3070/80 about to be realistically EOL'd, with 3070 Ti and 80 Ti replacing those. NVIDIA was not ready to complete with 6800/XT.

Last edited:
Back