GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Now De-listed on NVIDIA's Online Store

Better put a disclaimer on your ad. "Not responsible for House fire".

All I can say is I changed my memory overclock from +1000 to +0...

AIB versions are still being sold. I think most people expected a FE issue though, or mfg issue specific to the FE edition. Which is ironic... since the sell on the whole FE nonsense is they are built better.

0F3B0012-4324-4F9B-B8E7-49B1C4AD5C8D.png

All I can say is I changed my memory overclock from +1000 to +0...

AIB versions are still being sold. I think most people expected a FE issue though, or mfg issue specific to the FE edition. Which is ironic... since the sell on the whole FE nonsense is they are built better.

View attachment 121187

Those prices are absurd. Wow.

My 2080Ti FE card direct from the Nvidia store bricked. My 2080Ti FE card that I bought TWO MONTHS LATER from Best Buy bricked. Anyone want to guess the odds of getting TWO bricked cards in a row, two months apart, from different supply chains, if these cards are truly experiencing normal fail rates? Close enough to winning the lottery.

I'd say buy a lottery ticket. OR, it might not all be bad luck. I think Nvidia really pushed these cards out way too early, or somewhere along the lines the manufacturing process got screwed up.

I don't think we've ever had an issue this bad with the launch of a GPU, even the GTX 480 wasn't this bad from my memory.

Maybe it's just a rash of cryptominers looking to get a good 2 hours worth of mining done that has caused the shortage??

How unfortunate it is that AMD doesn't care to compete head-to-head with the 2080Ti in the high-end gaming space. Very unfortunate indeed.

My 2080Ti FE card direct from the Nvidia store bricked. My 2080Ti FE card that I bought TWO MONTHS LATER from Best Buy bricked. Anyone want to guess the odds of getting TWO bricked cards in a row, two months apart, from different supply chains, if these cards are truly experiencing normal fail rates? Close enough to winning the lottery.

You should probably go play the lottery. That hardcore sucks, but (hopefully) is rare. Out of myself and 4 friends, only one had an issue with his 2080Ti FE and his replacement has been fine since early October.

How unfortunate it is that AMD doesn't care to compete head-to-head with the 2080Ti in the high-end gaming space. Very unfortunate indeed.

I'm not sure its a lack of care so much as a lack of ability to do so.

I'm not sure its a lack of care so much as a lack of ability to do so.

Yeah I don't really believe that. They are making lots of money on integrated and low end graphics. Somewhere there is a team of bean counters that says the return is not worth the investment it would take for them to quickly catch up. Maybe they're playing catch up for 2020. Maybe they aren't.

Yeah I don't really believe that. They are making lots of money on integrated and low end graphics. Somewhere there is a team of bean counters that says the return is not worth the investment it would take for them to quickly catch up. Maybe they're playing catch up for 2020. Maybe they aren't.

They've hamstrung themselves the last two generations with expensive, disappointing, cards that were targeting the high-end. Let's not forget that AMD released ads saying "Poor Volta" directly targeting Vega at what everyone expected to be Nvidia's next consumer GPU.

But why is the GEFORCE GTX 1080 TI FOUNDERS EDITION 11GB GDDR5X showing as Notify Me because it's currently OOS?
Rhetorical/Sarcastic but the statement is true none the less.

nVidia has seen all these comments (couple hours ago now), put 2080 Ti back up on shopping site with out of stock, and made comment that its not the problem the you're looking for, all is fine, they are just selling out faster than can make them (we'll see).

Thread after thread, you do get the weird sense that the people most outraged don't even own the card.
If I spent $1200+ on a card and couldn’t easily return it (to most e-tailers ) I would act like I was enjoying my card also.

They've hamstrung themselves the last two generations with expensive, disappointing, cards that were targeting the high-end. Let's not forget that AMD released ads saying "Poor Volta" directly targeting Vega at what everyone expected to be Nvidia's next consumer GPU.

Agreed. And a rumored (unless it was ever confirmed) big reason why Vega was such a flop is because a huge chunk of R&D was developing the graphics for the next Playstation, because it was the more impactful ROI.

If I spent $1200+ on a card and couldn’t easily return it (to most e-tailers ) I would act like I was enjoying my card also.

Or maybe we're too busy enjoying maxing out every game we throw at the 2080Ti to bitch about it.

Ignore the news, ignore users posts all you want. I own one, and have critical thinking skills, something stinks in nVidia's kitchen.

No, it's not all or nothing. The opposite of questioning whether some people are just non-owner bandwagon jumpers is not to ignore everything completely. I'm sure Nvidia will get to the bottom of it and homeostasis will resume. Unfortunately I don't think it'll mean prices will fall.

The business of tech sites isn't news, it's clicks and traffic. And when no real controversy exists, the dodgier players will find it necessary to amp it up, if not outright invent it. Case in point eTeknix in this story. Jump to a bunch of conclusions, get a bunch of traffic, backtrack "Oh hey, our bad". Trolling for dollars.

Last edited:
No, it's not all or nothing. The opposite of questioning whether some people are just non-owner bandwagon jumpers is not ignoring everything completely. I'm sure Nvidia will get to the bottom of it and homeostasis will be reached. Unfortunately I don't think it'll mean prices will fall.

The business of tech sites isn't news, it's clicks and traffic. And when no real controversy exists, that business will find it necessary to invent it.

I do not trust any new unless it's about as boring as Reuters, everything else is just opinions and editorials of the same thing over and over.

Your last paragraph is ignorant though, there is clearly a problem before this latest accusation, and people screen shotted Nvidia with the 2080 ti MIA. Your accusations are inaccurate and bring into question your judgement and motives. Maybe you are just a skeptic, but even a skeptic needs to see the growing weight of evidence, or they just become a conspiracy theorist.

Exactly. 4K bliss here. Me thinks all the people complaining here are 1080 TI owners..
People are fine with their 1080ti's at 4K as well. I also play 1080p @ 144hz.

The thing with the 2080ti's is that some are dying now, but what about after the warranty? I have had video cards last a long time after the warranty.
The people who say they are waiting to see how things pan out just might be the smart ones.

No, it's not all or nothing. The opposite of questioning whether some people are just non-owner bandwagon jumpers is not ignoring everything completely.

The business of tech sites isn't news, it's clicks and traffic. And when no real controversy exists, its survival depends on inventing it.

A bunch (relatively speaking at least) of people reporting the EXACT SAME issue with a $1,200 (likely low volume) halo product right after launch is most definitely news worth reporting on. It turning into a frenzy and everyone taking the reports to extremes is the internet being the internet and is more the fault of readers than those reporting the news. If it is a major issue Nvidia will NEVER admit it, they'll try to deal with it as quietly as possible and hope everything blows over. Given that acceptable product failure rates sit in the single digits for a lot of quality electronics, even if the failure rate were significantly higher than average the vast majority of owners would still have zero problems.

2070 is having the same issues too. Quite a few complaints as well. Not with mine but I have been looking and it worries me a little.

There is only 1 card that caught fire and it was made by EVGA and it was a very questionable source.
Questionable? It was an [H] user right here... and a reference card. Damage control much?

I love how this has turned into a 'it's out of stock because x says so' because so few of you checked the site yesterday when it was totally de-listed and missing. I saw it myself as being unavailable, so I guess I'm also a 'questionable source' too? People have screenshots of it as above that are being ignored strangely.

A new king of PR I think..

Last edited:
Nvidia clearly has a problem and thus dominating the news section with thread after thread.

Questionable? It was an [H] user right here... and a reference card. Damage control much?

I love how this has turned into a 'it's out of stock because x says so' because so few of you checked the site yesterday when it was totally de-listed and missing. I saw it myself as being unavailable, so I guess I'm also a 'questionable source' too? People have screenshots of it as above that are being ignored strangely.

A new king of PR I think..

Questionable as he said it has never been touched or taken apart yet in the pics it is taken apart. What idiot dismantles a failed card potentially voiding the warranty.

Which uses EVGA parts and production...

The only EVGA part it uses is the cooler. A reference PCB means it is the exact same as the reference design. Meaning the same parts, in the same locations.

Your last paragraph is ignorant though, there is clearly a problem before this latest accusation, and people screen shotted Nvidia with the 2080 ti MIA. Your accusations are inaccurate and bring into question your judgement and motives. Maybe you are just a skeptic, but even a skeptic needs to see the growing weight of evidence, or they just become a conspiracy theorist.
Or it's that nVidia has done so many underhanded things over the years (and recently), that perhaps it's just a case of Crying Wolf... It's simply too hard for some of us to believe nVidia is capable of being genuine and its our gut instinct to question their actions. Granted, we may be over scrutinizing everything they do in order to find their next nefarious action...However, they've done this to themselves, and this is just how things play out when you've operated this way for so long. So I'm not sure why you're surprised by people acting this way, or for that matter, defending nVidia. Fact of the matter is, we don't know what the truth of the situation is. It really is a 50:50 possibility either way.

Which uses EVGA parts and production...
Questionable as he said it has never been touched or taken apart yet in the pics it is taken apart. What idiot dismantles a failed card potentially voiding the warranty.
I say this because I don't actually know, but I've not seeing anything stating it: Does that actually mean that EVGA was the manufacturer? Look at reference cards in the past. Haven't they been sold by the 3rd party companies with their logo slapped on the cooler? Now, yes, this is a custom cooler solution, but my point is: couldn't this be EVGA selling an nVidia-made FE card, with their custom cooling?

Also, doesn't the recently passe "Warranty Void sticker" law also cover this sort of thing as well? (Again, I say it because I don't know, but you or someone else might.)

I say this because I don't actually know, but I've not seeing anything stating it: Does that actually mean that EVGA was the manufacturer? Look at reference cards in the past. Haven't they been sold by the 3rd party companies with their logo slapped on the cooler? Now, yes, this is a custom cooler solution, but my point is: couldn't this be EVGA selling an nVidia-made FE card, with their custom cooling?

Also, doesn't the recently passe "Warranty Void sticker" law also cover this sort of thing as well? (Again, I say it because I don't know, but you or someone else might.)

EVGA doesn't make anything themselves anyway (I believe they use, or used to use, Foxconn for their custom PCBs). Reference PCB means exactly what you said. Being reference does not preclude custom cooling solutions. Most AIBs put custom cooling solutions on reference PCBs. In fact, there is no true "reference" cooler for the 2000 series cards. There is the Nvidia FE cooler, but none of the AIBs use it on their cards, they all use their own custom cooling solutions regardless of whether or not the PCB itself is a reference design.

It would, though EVGA cards don't have a warranty void sticker as their warranty expressly mentions that it is okay to remove the cooler as long as it is put back on when the card is returned to them. Removing the cooler to check damage is not going to risk voiding the person's warranty. aokman doesn't really seem to have any clue what they're talking about and are stretching to try and find any reason at all to cast doubt on the card failure.

Good. Hopefully this will damage nVidia's ego enough to not attempt charging their loyal customers so much damned money on a non-halo video card.

Karma is a real bitch.

Back