GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Now De-listed on NVIDIA's Online Store

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
As we mentioned last week, RTX 2080 Ti GPUs were going missing. AIBs in China were having issues getting hold of any new 2080 Ti GPUs to build more boards, and this has brought RTX 2080 Ti manufacturing to a standstill.

Now the RTX 2080 Ti drama thickens: it seems that NVIDIA has stopped offering the GPU for sale on its official site. While the product page is still up, the part is nowhere to be found on its web store; prospective buyers cannot even sign up for stock notifications. Some say this isn’t peculiar and that the item has always been inconsistently shown on the store, but eTeknix suggests this is a clear sign the 2080 Ti problem is bigger than NVIDIA would like to admit.

The fact that it is now de-listed on the web store suggests that this is a bigger problem. Bigger than what NVIDIA would like to admit. If it is indeed only a few “early test escapes” that are faulty, then why de-list the line entirely? Especially if there are new variants ready to replace them, or even new non-faulty variants on the way. If something is wrong with the GPU itself, it is NVIDIA’s responsibility to admit it to consumers instead of trying to hide the issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
In a few weeks they'll list a new revised model, won't say a word about it, eventually reviewers will get their hands on them and see what changed.
Everyone who has an existing (faulty) card will be hung out to dry and RMA as problems arise.

If it is indeed only a few “early test escapes” that are faulty, then why de-list the line entirely? Especially if there are new variants ready to replace them, or even new non-faulty variants on the way. If something is wrong with the GPU itself, it is NVIDIA’s responsibility to admit it to consumers instead of trying to hide the issue.
Because pausing sales while investigating further would seem like a normal reaction, but we're on the internet so it must be a conspiracy.

Last edited:
The source of this article is clickbait nonsense. Go to the Nvidia site and click through to the 2080 Ti product page and tell me if the description provided in this article matches what you see.

I've been buying GPU since radeon 64MB ddr.

Can't recall a generation I was this deep into and hadn't bought the new flagship yet.

The source of this article is clickbait nonsense. Go to the Nvidia site and click through to the 2080 Ti product page and tell me if the description provided in this article matches what you see.

I'm not seeing the 2080ti....

2lmw7ie.jpg

Am I missing sumthing?

It seems like the right thing to do IF something is amiss is to get in front of it by releasing some official statement. However if there is some tragic flaw in the 2080ti admitting it would basically be a recall. Many people would demand a refund or replacement immediately.

At this point it’s odd enough that if I personally had a founders 2080ti it would be getting returned. Period.

I love the X-Files.. (conspiracies). More than likely they are just taking time to test everything in inventory for the manufacturing issue, and its going to take awhile. A few weeks it will be back with a new stock number, so that nVidia (and us) can tell them apart.

I hope they get to the bottom of the whole problem with the cards soon. I feel for those that have laid out the cash for those TI cards.

eTeknix has retracted the story, based on NVidia's clarification that they just meant "out of stock" and have fixed the page to show that.

No tinfoil hat wearer here.. but hi end cards going out of stock happens all the time w/o the item going missing entirely from the website.

In a few weeks they'll list a new revised model, won't say a word about it, eventually reviewers will get their hands on them and see what changed.
Everyone who has an existing (faulty) card will be hung out to dry and RMA as problems arise.

Talk shit much? NVIDIA will replace any faulty card per their RMA process. No one has had issues so far. If a modification is made to the PCB then yes it will be revised but it does not mean every card out there is faulty.

Why in the hell would anyone buy a 2080TI just to have it catch fire on them and burn their house down.

Worst launch ever Nvidia....

There is only 1 card that caught fire and it was made by EVGA and it was a very questionable source.

Just weird to de-list your flagship product and the other partner AIB cards, instead of saying out of stock...
Unless there is a major issue. You don’t want people contacting you with stock inquiries if you do not intend to sell them until something major is fixed.

It amazes me how Nvidia can play so many people for ABSOLUTE FOOLS.

Here is what happened, guys, in case it wasn't obvious enough.

1. Nvidia realizes the 2080Ti huge failure rate is blowing up out of control.

2. They quietly de-list the product with plans to figure out how the fix this disaster.

3. Media picks up on the de-list sooner than they expect.

4. Nvidia damage control team re-lists the product (as out of stock) and then says "Nah bro... we didn't de-list it, even though people have screenshots CLEARLY SHOWING IT WAS DE-LISTED. It's just "out of stock now"... until it comes back into stock.... after we fix this disaster of a hardware flaw quietly...."

5. Fools believe Nvidia damage control story and attack the people who clearly demonstrated WITH SCREENSHOTS the card vanishing from the site with no reference of it being made on any of the sales pages of Nvidia.com

Could have just been a mistake on the product update page.

Meanwhile most 2080 TI buyers are enjoying their cards.
I know I am. Sensational thread is sensational.

It amazes me how Nvidia can play so many people for ABSOLUTE FOOLS.

Here is what happened, guys, in case it wasn't obvious enough.

1. Nvidia realizes the 2080Ti huge failure rate is blowing up out of control.

2. They quietly de-list the product with plans to figure out how the fix this disaster.

3. Media picks up on the de-list sooner than they expect.

4. Nvidia damage control team re-lists the product (as out of stock) and then says "Nah bro... we didn't de-list it, even though people have screenshots CLEARLY SHOWING IT WAS DE-LISTED. It's just "out of stock now"... until it comes back into stock.... after we fix this disaster of a hardware flaw quietly...."

5. Fools believe Nvidia damage control story and attack the people who clearly demonstrated WITH SCREENSHOTS the card vanishing from the site with no reference of it being made on any of the sales pages of Nvidia.com
But why is the GEFORCE GTX 1080 TI FOUNDERS EDITION 11GB GDDR5X showing as Notify Me because it's currently OOS?
Rhetorical/Sarcastic but the statement is true none the less.

Weren't these the "A" chips or something already?

I was surprised by the fire, as it pointed to a memory issue, but the Graphics chip itself makes more sense, given the hit-or-miss nature of the problem.

We'll know for sure in a few weeks, as long as they don't make you sign an NDA to get your shit fixed/replaced.

I'm in for a NON-FLAMING Amd card, please. :)

I've been happily gaming on mine since I received my EVGA 2080 ti XC ultra a week after "launch". I play on it 8ish hours a day after work and sometimes longer on the weekends. I've also installed a hydro copper water block on it. Not a single issue. Is it in the back of my mind it could explode any moment? Sure. But for now I'm enjoying it.

Back