GeForce RTX 2080 Founders Edition Overclocking Final @ [H]

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
GeForce RTX 2080 Founders Edition Overclocking Final

We finally got in the RTX 2080 video cards we purchased, and we have been putting those to good use. While Brent is banging out a real-world gameplay preview, I have been seeing just where our RTX 2080 Founders Edition ends up in terms of overclocking. We finally got a solid handle on what our particular Turing GPU and memory are capable of.

If you like our content, please support HardOCP on Patreon.

An 11% boost in performance is nothing to scoff at. Not bad. Not bad.

Excellent article Kyle. Looking forward to Brent's gameplay review. Not that I'll be buying the 2xxx series but I do appreciate the reviews regardless.

Good stuff. Curious when Nvidia will have its next jump in clocks (7nm maybe?)

The 900 series jump to 1500mhz seemed pretty big. The 1000 series to ~2000-2100mhz was huge. That said, AMD made a massive jump themselves with Vega (~1700mhz possible)

Liking the overlocking. Be sweet to see what in-game performance it gives, and how oc'd 1080ti to oc'd 2080 and 2080ti shakes out.

I just installed my Zotac 2080 AMP. Using MSI Afterburner I can only go up to +1000 on memory. I have +100 on core clock with only a +10% on voltage, fans at 100%. Got 11,700 on Time Spy. I see why you did the memory overclock as a 'surprise'. This is amazing. I have to check Zotac's overclocking tool and EVGA Precision to see if I can push the ram further.

I just installed my Zotac 2080 AMP. Using MSI Afterburner I can only go up to +1000 on memory. I have +100 on core clock with only a +10% on voltage, fans at 100%. Got 11,700 on Time Spy. I see why you did the memory overclock as a 'surprise'. This is amazing. I have to check Zotac's overclocking tool and EVGA Precision to see if I can push the ram further.
Afterburner would only go to +1000, but EVGA Precision X1 will scale well past the Rams ability.

Hopefully, your neighbors didn't call in a noise complaint with the fans running that high!

Well, not much use in me using alternatives to Afterburner. I could only get the memory to go up to +1080 for a short period. I am loving the 2080 though!

Damn, wish I coukd have sent my MSI Seahawk 2080 X to you Kyle for testing before I sold my old card. During one game, at some point it boosted to 2130, with MSI Afterburner at plus 100 core, 250 memory. Woukd love to see it tested in a controlled setting.

Back