GeForce RTX 2080 and RTX 2080 Ti Reviews

Meh, maybe I'll check them out later. Until I have the [H]ard review to compare against, these mean little to me. I won't be upgrading no matter how much of an improvement these are anyway.
When even the shills say.. Dont Buy because of the price to performance ratio, I would head that advice.
Personally, I think nVidia set the price high due to the huge backstock of 1080 GPUs.
I suspect a price drop in a few months when that 1080 inventory diwindles, and magical driver update increases performance.

Pcper didn't drink the kool aid yet

"Combined with the relative lack of competition in the high-end GPU space, I'm sure these new RTX products will sell reasonably well, but personally, I think there's never been a better time to buy a GTX 10-series GPU on a discount, and enjoy your PC games."

More power to them! Always liked that site

Edit: this is the 2080 non-ti review

Last edited:
Pcper didn't drink the kool aid yet

"Combined with the relative lack of competition in the high-end GPU space, I'm sure these new RTX products will sell reasonably well, but personally, I think there's never been a better time to buy a GTX 10-series GPU on a discount, and enjoy your PC games."

More power to them! Always liked that site

upload_2018-9-19_17-10-34.png

upload_2018-9-19_18-6-50.png

It's good to see that nVidia just wanted to control the flow of review samples to ensure that all the sites that wanted to do reviews were able to get a card.......... lol

I guess we also have a fair idea who the biggest brown noser happens to be. Not saying it's true but, well... I mean... 6 cards is a lot :p
looks like its not worth it jumping from 1080ti to 2080
That was the same conclusion I had drawn. Also rather evident that the did their god damn best to make it jussstt squeak by it to make it worth the money for some.

Then again, this was the case last go, as I recall, where the 1070 bested the 980 Ti. Except this time the 2080 Ti is the top-model at release, and the 2080-non-Ti is now the in the xx70 spot.

Which kinda puts everything into a different perspective when price is factored in. You're now having to pay a boatload for what basically equates to the "2070". They've kinda shot themselves in the foot by bucking their trend with Ti this round.

View attachment 105068

It's good to see that nVidia just wanted to control the flow of review samples to ensure that all the sites that wanted to do reviews were able to get a card.......... lol

I guess we also have a fair idea who the biggest brown noser happens to be. Not saying it's true but, well... I mean... 6 cards is a lot :p

That was the same conclusion I had drawn. Also rather evident that the did their god damn best to make it jussstt squeak by it to make it worth the money for some.

Then again, this was the case last go, as I recall, where the 1070 bested the 980 Ti. Except this time the 2080 Ti is the top-model at release, and the 2080-non-Ti is now the in the xx70 spot.

Which kinda puts everything into a different perspective when price is factored in. You're now having to pay a boatload for what basically equates to the "2070". They've kinda shot themselves in the foot by bucking their trend with Ti this round.

i still can do the step up with evga but even 300 extra doesnt seem worth it and i want to make a point as a consumer. i partly blame amd for this if they had anything competitive i doubt we would see these prices.

So most reviews show games at the resolutions I play at get a ~30% boost in framerate, this doesn't really jive with wanting to replace my 1080ti at the price they are asking. I think my price limit was $800 in my head.

Reactions: DF-1
like this
Tin foil hat time, maybe these are priced high to cleare out last gens 11th hour manufacturing orders that missed the crypto market train. There were news pieces saying Nvidia had some 300-500K excess 10xx series cards.

Tin foil hat time, maybe these are priced high to cleare out last gens 11th hour manufacturing orders that missed the crypto market train. There were news pieces saying Nvidia had some 300-500K excess 10xx series cards.

Given the huge size of the die (which, in turn, means they're getting quite a few less per wafer) combined with the RT stuff and the Tensor cores, I doubt much of the price is due to the over-stock of 10-series cards. Maybe a $100-$150 boost due to them, if anything. Though, if the cards sell well there is no chance of Nvidia lowering prices once the 10-series is out of stock.

"Around 30% more performance for something like 70% more price" seems to be the phrase doing the rounds.

I predicted 33% back on Reddit a month ago and got a shit-ton of hate from the nvidia sub because I didn't "understand how it works." No...I understand exactly how it works, stupid people fall for hype and the analytical portion of their brain disappears. Doesn't help that NV skirted the issue as much as possible with a variety of tactics.

Just skimmed thru most of the 2080TI reviews. Not surprising that the Asus Strix and MSI Trio are running neck and neck at the top of most benches.

Gamersnexus had a good write up on the 2080. A good read and we'll written criticism where it deserves.

Titan pricing at TI performance levels. Hate to see the price of a titan version of one of these cards, 2 grand minimum?

Had they not went monkey shit fight on the pricing it would have been better received, unfortunately this seems to be an experiment by nvidia to see how much green dick people are willing to swallow before the gag reflex kicks in. Unsurprisingly Asus are leading the pack in the overpricing stakes with their strix card being a "snip" at £1500 ($1970) in the uk.

Even the king of shilling (Linus) is poopooing nvidia this go round. Especially about the features that you can't use right now.

Last edited:
Jayztwocents Review, didn't expect that kind of verdict from him.

Thanks for posting that.

We'll unless [H]ard's review convinces me otherwise I don't think it's going to be a difficult decision for me wait these out unless the prices drop.

I posted in a few other threads about the 'leaked scores' vs. what I was getting with my cards and it looks like those leaked scores/benches were accurate.

The 1080ti and 1080 cards he is using look like the bottom barrel cards?

He's testing last and the new generation reference or "Founders Edition" Models. The EVGA cards are the reference boards just with their cooler.

He's testing last and the new generation reference or "Founders Edition" Models. The EVGA cards are the reference boards just with their cooler.

Loved the part at the end where he explained the airflow designs and how the monstrous EVGA was averaging 10-15c lower at the same frequencies vs. the FE.

Loved the part at the end where he explained the airflow designs and how the monstrous EVGA was averaging 10-15c lower at the same frequencies vs. the FE.

Yeah that's pretty concerning, especially using it in an open air case. I can imagine the 2080's reference models getting to the 85-87c in a closed environment.

Here's the Tech of Tomorrow review, (NSFW - Language) Numbers at 8:06

1080ti seems to be holding its own against the 2080.

Last edited:
Titan pricing at TI performance levels. Hate to see the price of a titan version of one of these cards, 2 grand minimum?
As I recall and if we're to believe what nV has said (big IF there...), there isn't going to be an Enthusiast Grade 20-series card. The Ti is the top dawg for the consumers, and any card release that has better specs on paper, won't have gaming-focused drivers.

Now, my details get hazy on whether they indicated they were shelving the Titan name completely, or if they were only going to use it for commercial/industrial grade usage, akin to Tesla.

Back