GeForce RTX 2070, 2060 May Hit Shelves by the End of October/Early November

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
According to one of Wccftech’s sources, shipments of the RTX 2070 and 2060 will not begin until the end of October/early November, at the earliest. The RTX 2080 Ti and RTX 2080 will be “seeded immediately” after tomorrow’s NVIDIA’s event, however.

This staggered schedule isn’t really something new but should give you an idea of how long to wait for. It also gives them more time to prepare supply, since you can be sure there will be a much higher demand for these cards than the RTX 2080 Ti and RTX 2080. Depending on how the pre-order pricing goes, these two cards will be the ones to go on and capture the mainstream market.

If the rumored insane prices for 2080 and 2080 ti are right, darn right the 2070 and 2060 will be more sought after.

Yeah, but if the pattern holds then we're probably looking at a 2070 for $499.99 and a 2060 for $399.99. AIB prices will be higher still. :(

I've waited a long time for the high-end parts, so I'm ecstatic that they are being released immediately after being announced. If I'm satisfied with the benchies, the RTX 2080ti will be mine!

Interesting times...I'm thinking of replacing my rig this coming spring. I'm hoping to have some choices. The processor side has nice choices for me. GPU? Nvidia doesn't have much competition for gaming. I'll pop the popcorn and start reading some upcoming reviews. Good times.

Hopefully this will push the prices down on RX570s/580s...

Despite what people keep saying, the 4GB RX570 is still like $50 over the launch price. No way that's all memory...

Well, i'm finally upgrading my 280x this coming xmas but i really wanted to stay with AMD.

Anyone have any news on the Vega refresh? Would prefer to have a Vega56 but currently looks like I'll end up with a 2070 sadly :(

I went to Microcenter yesterday and they said they would not have any to sell for a while. I like how nvidia says "seeded". That's the minimum they can get away with without calling it a paper launch.

Vega refresh can't get here fast enough...if only to push NV to release the real cards at reasonable prices. What happened to all the bluster and chest thumping about the 2070 being slightly faster than a 1080ti at $500? Now we see it's about the same as an aftermarket 1080, which is a *long* way from a 1080ti. Good God...I'd even take Intel's card being released if only to get the green team nervous and do something.

I'll be very dissapointed if the performance figures are true for the RTX2070. It seems it would be only marginally faster than an OC 1070Ti

I went to Microcenter yesterday and they said they would not have any to sell for a while. I like how nvidia says "seeded". That's the minimum they can get away with without calling it a paper launch.
It allows them to open up preorders for the real launch date sometime next month. If I'm not mistaken, they did the same thing with the GTX 1080 launch.

Back