vcf0Kd3.jpg

Very 690 looking.

Core Count – 2688 Cudas
Memory – 6 GB GDDR5
Interface – 384-bit
Core Clock – 837 MHz
Boost Clock – 876 MHz
Power Interface – 6+8 Pin

40-45% faster than a single 680. $999 MSRP.

Started a new thread so we can get away from all the other rumor BS and start talking facts.

Last edited:
Looks pretty except for that nonsense window over the heatsink. I guess i'm starting to camp my country's hardware stores :)

HOPEFULLY (read: doubtfully) the price is adjusted accordingly. $900 seems too steep in light of all this new shit, man.

Interesting, two things popped into my mind when I saw the power interface
1.OC headroom will probably be limited
2.A second card will probably released with 2 8 pin connectors

I was really planning on doing an impulse by if it was twice as fast as a 680 but it did seem to good to be true based on TDP and clockspeed.

Looks pretty except for that nonsense window over the heatsink. I guess i'm starting to camp my country's hardware stores :)

That is so you can tell when you need to clean out the heatsink with some air. You can always hang a curtain over the window........

Waiting on some benchmarks on this gpu. As actual results will be better the a "Suppose to be" type deal. Thanks for posting it and hopefully it will result in more information for the end usres now.

Last edited:
That is so you can tell when you need to clean out the heatsink with some air.

Ok thats a good point indeed, if the window can be removed with the 4 screws. Like said in the other thread, I don't like SLI much and my single 680 is on the edge in some games at 1440p. I expect something like €700-800 as price for Germany which would be alright if I can still sell my FTW+ 680 for ~400.

I like the looks of the card and I hope it can clock up to at least 1ghz boost. If not then it's not worth $900.

Hopefully the clocks are low on purpose for TDP reasons.

Code:
Memory – 6 GB GDDR5

I'm wondering how well the gpu is going to handle all this memory. But it should be a welcome for the Nvidia surround users with multiple screens.

I'll wait for the non reference models to come out. That's usually when things get interesting. :D

Its worth noting that these reference clocks were the original leaked speeds.

its no surprise this card is similar to the k20

I was excited about this card at the rumored 75-90% of the GTX690 speed.

At 40-50% faster than a 680, it better be a lot cheaper than $899.

I understand that just like the GTX 690, nVidia will make the cards themself and there won't be any custom designs? I hope this is not a trend of things to come. I prefer custom coolers like Asus' DCU2.

Looks great though. Hopefully it performs as well.

I like the looks of the card and I hope it can clock up to at least 1ghz boost. If not then it's not worth $900.

Hopefully the clocks are low on purpose for TDP reasons.

OMG LOL!!! I hope my next card can hit 1.2 jigahertz otherwise it's not worth 2 million dollars. How can you call that out without even seeing benchmarks, or reviews on what the card actually does? I'd say if it's not 50+% more powerful than a GTX680 even at stock than it may not be worth it to me. :rolleyes:

If this card is priced at $899 and is only 40-45% faster than a GTX680, wouldn't people just wait until the end of the year for the GTX7XX series? Probably be pretty close to performance boost for a lot less of the cost. I'm sitting on a GTX660ti right now and would rather spend $280 to sli than sell this and get a $899 graphics card that will do the same thing.

If this card is priced at $899 and is only 40-45% faster than a GTX680, wouldn't people just wait until the end of the year for the GTX7XX series? Probably be pretty close to performance boost for a lot less of the cost. I'm sitting on a GTX660ti right now and would rather spend $280 to sli than sell this and get a $899 graphics card that will do the same thing.

If they waited, they wouldn't be [H]. ;)

Vega, you're gonna post 4-way SLI results right? :)

I'll be at work, hopefully I'll be able to get 1 let alone 4 with all the blasted F5'ers out there! You just know Newegg and EVGA are going to have 1 card limits. :mad:

My issue is that I already have two 1300MHz 680s. A single Titan is a definite downgrade, and I don't want to spend $1800 on two GPUs.

Then why bother upgrading then. Those gpu's should last you a few years. Is there any games that it can't play? I'd say you're good until Maxwell comes out in 2014-2015. ;)

I'll wait for the non reference models to come out. That's usually when things get interesting. :D

There will be no non reference Titans. Only 10,000 are being made and like the 690, it is reference only.

My math say 50-70% more powerful than 680.

My math says Titan will be lucky to perform 25-30% better than a HD7970 and MSRP should be $500-$600 if NVIDIA wants to make this card serve a large audience. IF NVIDIA just makes a small number of these to serve a much smaller market of people that are willing to spend more money I can see the card selling for $800-$900.

Ready for some real performance benchmarks.

This thing will sell..

It's a steal at 900 USD when you consider there is no Quadro card equivalent to this except for the ancient Quadro 6000 6GB which is 3 times the price. Nevermind the K20 Tesla is also much more expensive. Never mind that you're forced to use maximus (pair up an old fermi Quadro with a K20) to take advantage of the newest GPU. (Fuck you NVidia)

Cuda card and to power applications like Adobe CS6 in your personal machine to gain experience for your profession (before the Quadro Versions are even out if ever since NVidia is forcing maximus.) It's a fricken steal.

Then why bother upgrading then. Those gpu's should last you a few years. Is there any games that it can't play? I'd say you're good until Maxwell comes out in 2014-2015. ;)
I'd like a bit more VRAM but don't want to swap to 4GB 680s :p

I'm fine for now. I just like upgrading.

So it will end up significantly slower (performance wise) than the GTX690?

I've been thinking all along that what matters is not a single Titan versus a single 690, but instead Titan in SLI versus 690 Quad-SLI. Because of how poorly more than two GPUs scale, Titan SLI should be considerably faster than 690 Quad-SLI, and maybe even 680 4-way SLI, and a whole lot easier to set up and deal with.

(Please note: Quad-SLI = two dual-GPU cards, 4-way SLI = four single-GPU cards.)

I bet that Titan is going to be louder than the 680. Reference cooler looks closer to it.

I'd like a bit more VRAM but don't want to swap to 4GB 680s :p

I'm fine for now. I just like upgrading.

Are you freakin kidding me? Are you playing on a 27" 1440p monitor in your sig? If so you'd just be wasting your money for more VRAM. I can guarantee you that. I play at 1600p and I'm fine with 2gig vram. I never exceeded my vram, even if I did, I couldn't tell.

yeah at $900 it will sell out, that is the reality of the fastest e-peen available - all those hoping for less go to 2cheap.com :), cheapest Quandro type card is added benefit for apps that need it. Expect stock to disappear really quickly.

Back