GEFORCE GTX SLI HB BRIDGE

Island

Gawd
Sup fellas. Sorry for the stupid question. I have the older SLI bridge for my 980 Ti's and I guess if I upgrade to 2 1080 Ti's I will need the new HB bridge.. Of course, more money to spend...Anyway, in my current PC my 980 Ti's have a PCi-e 1x slot in between them. So does that mean I need a 2 slot or a 3 slot? I don't even see 3 slots available on Amazon. Only 1, 2 or 4. Thanks

Sup fellas. Sorry for the stupid question. I have the older SLI bridge for my 980 Ti's and I guess if I upgrade to 2 1080 Ti's I will need the new HB bridge.. Of course, more money to spend...Anyway, in my current PC my 980 Ti's have a PCi-e 1x slot in between them. So does that mean I need a 2 slot or a 3 slot? I don't even see 3 slots available on Amazon. Only 1, 2 or 4. Thanks

I ordered the 4 slot for my 2 1080ti's just today.

Board in Sig.

One thing to watch out for, Nvidia brand bridges use a different naming for the slot numbers (confusing, I know).

For example, for a typical configuration (like on my system) with 2 double slot cards with 1 PCI-e slot between them, it would be called 3 slot by Nvidia, but 1 slot by 3rd party AIB makers.

See the image for Nvidia naming:

nvidia-hb-sli-bridges.jpg

EVGA naming (and probably for other AIB companies):

download.axd

Hey thanks for all the replies...YEah. Confusing to say the least...So 3 slot if I buy from Nvidia or 1 slot if I buy from AIB like EVGA correct?

Just look at the images above and look at the spacing in your system. Some motherboards have different optimal configurations for SLI so look in the motherboard manual too to be sure.

I'm pretty sure in my case my board is gonna need the 4 slot one from Nvidia. Which is what I ordered. I need to use slots 1 and 3 with apciex1 in-between them. It's a pretty big gap there.

I'm pretty sure in my case my board is gonna need the 4 slot one from Nvidia. Which is what I ordered. I need to use slots 1 and 3 with apciex1 in-between them. It's a pretty big gap there.

Red is Slot 1 and 3 and uses the Nvidia 2 Slot Bridge
Green is Slot 1 and 5 and uses the Nvidia 4 Slot Bridge
ASUS X99-Deluxe.jpg

Ok so I fucked up clearly. The space looked like it was much bigger to me. Then again I didn't actually measure I just opened my case and took a look.So I already ordered the 4 slot bridge from nvidia. Any reason why I shouldn't or can't use slots 1 and 5 for sli on my board so I dont need a different bridge? I believe all 3 slots should run at full tilt x16 when I have any 2 spaces occupied correct?

Ok so just looked at the mb manual online and it says for 2 way sli i need to use slots 1 and 3. The nvidia 2 slot bridge looks like it doesnt allow for any room at all between the two slots for that pciex1 slot am I wrong?

So I just ordered the Nvidia 2 slot. I hope that's the correct size this time. I will need to return the 4 slot when I get it. /sigh

So I just ordered the Nvidia 2 slot. I hope that's the correct size this time. I will need to return the 4 slot when I get it. /sigh

Crap, you ordered the wrong one again. I just looked at the manual and PCIEX16 slot 3 is between the green and red circles I drew in the above image.
You need the Nvidia 3 Slot bridge.

Great just ordered the 3 slot now. That makes all 3 I'll have next week. I'll have to send back the two I don't need. ugh

Ha this seems like an easy mistake to make. When I bought my HB bridge from Nvidia I measured the slots on my motherboard first. Figured I'd F it up if I didn't physically measure.

Ha this seems like an easy mistake to make. When I bought my HB bridge from Nvidia I measured the slots on my motherboard first. Figured I'd F it up if I didn't physically measure.
Yeah, I made a mistake the first time and ordered the wrong one. That's why I'm super careful now.

Ya I was genius. I decided to take a look inside my case and guesstimate. That worked out great.

I have an Nvidia HB 3-slot I got as part of a sale, but I need a 4-slot for my incoming 1080 Tis.. MC had an open box 4-slot so I nabbed that for $30. If anyone needs a 3-slot HB bridge, PM me.

Back