GeForce GTX 770-On par with the HD 7970 GHz Edition

Teerex20

Gawd
Ran across this on german site.

*This is Bing translated.*

On par with the HD 7970 GHz Edition

Leaked info, and price of the "GeForce GTX 770"

Nvidia
An image that you want to show the card itself, as well as specifications and price have entered circulation shortly after alleged benchmarks a GeForce GTX 770 . While in principle already making data are confirmed, the price of the video card could be far less than expected.

Should the information published through Hermitage Akihabara be correct, then the GeForce GTX 770 is equipped actually with the cooler known already by the Titan, which has been in test reports good cut off . Again, it means that already from the start date in your own cooler and layouts by the Board may be offered. The information seem also the chip clock rates of 1046 and 1.085 MHz (boost) as well as the 3.505 MHz memory clock to confirm why they, as since shortly before the launch date in circulation, can be considered relatively safe.
Nvidia GeForce GTX 770NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 Nvidia GeForce GTX 770NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770
The information on the price are exciting: here, NVIDIA will apparently only 305 euros (40,000 yen) before tax, which would make the card not only cheaper than the based also on the GK-104 GTX 680, but also in the same price regions such as the HD 7970 GHz Edition from AMD brings. This should be only for the version with two gigabyte of video memory. The map would give quite the potential to use AMD's single GPU flagship clearly under pressure.

ORIG SITE:
/http://www.computerbase.de/news/2013-05/daten-und-preis-der-geforce-gtx-770-durchgesickert/

Not sure about live links, so just delete"/"

It's going to be fun when the majority of people are clueless about the 7xx series being made from rejected TESLA dies (don't know if this is true for the entire 7xx line but it's how they make a 780). It's marketed as a new generation of card but there's nothing new about the design except shader counts and clocks. And to make it even more insulting, the hardware is perfectly capable of good compute performance and double precision math, but that functionality is crippled in the drivers.

It seems as underhanded as AMD rebranding the 7xxx series as the 8xxx series.

It's going to be fun when the majority of people are clueless about the 7xx series being made from rejected TESLA dies (don't know if this is true for the entire 7xx line but it's how they make a 780). It's marketed as a new generation of card but there's nothing new about the design except shader counts and clocks. And to make it even more insulting, the hardware is perfectly capable of good compute performance and double precision math, but that functionality is crippled in the drivers.

Why does it matter? The 780 makes the 680 its bitch and hangs with the much more expensive Titan pretty well. What difference does it make how NVIDIA achieves that?

For the record, only the 780, Titan, Tesla K20, and Tesla K20X are GK110 based. The 770 and below are GK104 based (same as the higher-end 6XX series cards).

Are you saying anyone who bought a GTX 780 is clueless because they were really just buying a "rejected" Titan? :D
Kind of like how your 7870 Myst is just a "rejected" 7970 chip?

We should all RAGE

Ever heard of chips being Binned?

Are you saying anyone who bought a GTX 780 is clueless because they were really just buying a "rejected" Titan? :D
Kind of like how your 7870 Myst is just a "rejected" 7970 chip?

We should all RAGE

Ever heard of chips being Binned?

I bought my card knowing full well what it was. The vast majority of the public hasn't got a clue about how they salvage gpu dies to make either of these cards. Overclockers make up a tiny portion of the overall hardware consumer market.

The only real difference is AMD didn't feel the need to invent a whole new product line to sell its waste chips. I also mentioned AMD being underhanded in its rebranding as well. So what was your point again?

What? It's been like this every two generations... they're not going to use new silicon or architecture every round. The GTX 400s and 500s were the same architecture, for example. It's not underhanded, it's the way it is. You have one generation with a major architecture change, and then one generation with a performance bump.

Next you'll be saying Sandy Bridge to Ivy Bridge is underhanded.

I bought my card knowing full well what it was. The vast majority of the public hasn't got a clue about how they salvage gpu dies to make either of these cards. Overclockers make up a tiny portion of the overall hardware consumer market.

The only real difference is AMD didn't feel the need to invent a whole new product line to sell its waste chips. I also mentioned AMD being underhanded in its rebranding as well. So what was your point again?

My point is not everyone buys video cards blindly. Although I'm sure there are some who have, and there will always be the people who thinks the highest price=best quality. Your comment just seemed a little "pot calling the kettle black" is all. :D

I also knew full well what I was buying when I picked up my 780s. Only the 780s are cut down Titans, the 770 and down will be the same GK104 chips that the 600 line was, just with higher clocks and ect....

The bottom line is whether the cards perform better and at what price. If they give you better performance at a lower price then I 'd call it good, it makes no difference whether its a refresh or new architecture. I also look at it this way. NVidia has just raised the bar and now AMD/ATI has to respond. This is a good thing. Its how we get better and better gear. Also....NVidia could have called the new cards the 600B series or 600 whatever series instead of branding them 700's. I really don't care what they want to call them. Are they better than the old ones? Yes, and that's what really matters..

Last edited:

Who cares? It's faster and cheaper. Why does it matter if they changed the name or not? You're getting more for the money but you're still complaining?

Well , AMD built one heck of a card in the HD7970 as this is Nvidia's 2nd try at the card.. I guess AMD will release a bios undate within afew days to crank it up to 1.1Ghz lol.

I'm sure we will see what made Nvidia use there highend stuff soon like July as GCN 2.0 is coming.

Well , AMD built one heck of a card in the HD7970 as this is Nvidia's 2nd try at the card.. I guess AMD will release a bios undate within afew days to crank it up to 1.1Ghz lol.

I'm sure we will see what made Nvidia use there highend stuff soon like July as GCN 2.0 is coming.

I am not a fan on making new GPUs this way. Raise clocks and give it new name.
AMD also had 2 trys and did that. Nvidia could do updated gtx 680 much sooner but they didnt and now its clear why. To make rebranded gtx 7x0 series whe the time is right and expand the live of gf104 and make more money, rather than go in "high clock race" with AMD and spend all potential of gf104 to soon. At least i think that way.
I dislike 7970 in some way bcs. its was rushed to market to soon and to expensive and to slow. It gave Nvidia boys the chance to sell their mid range products with high end prices and create whole new high end later with mega prices.

Last edited:
Back