Geforce GTX 280 Pics

Yea a little more color on the front would be nice, but then again most of the time you won't see the card once it's in the computer anyway. Wonder if there will be any LED's like on the 9800GX2.

Not a fan of the new boxy look they are going for but if it keeps the card cool then I'm happy.

Wow, a 6+8 pin plug? Will that mean we're looking at recommending a 1600W PSU for tri-SLI?

Well Nvidia claims that GTX 280 consumes less than 150W on 3dMark06-load..

Yea a little more color on the front would be nice, but then again most of the time you won't see the card once it's in the computer anyway. Wonder if there will be any LED's like on the 9800GX2.

in the 9800gx2 review, kyle said (or whoever wrote it) that all 9xxx (gtx2xx) series cards will light up when they have power.

Go read it for a better answer to your question.

whats the point of the 8pin? will my corsair with a 6to8 adapter work? aaaaahhhh fuck you nvidia:mad:

whats the point of the 8pin? will my corsair with a 6to8 adapter work? aaaaahhhh fuck you nvidia:mad:

Corsair sent me two PCI-E cables with 6+2 plugs. Perhaps you can email them and explain the issue.

Befor to long we'll need a private power station just to feed the new vid cards and the 6 x 160mm fans to keep the case cool.

pretty sure the extra 2 pins are just grounds.

this is actually not bad for me... since the only 2 non-modular cables with my toughpower are the main mobo power and... an 8-pin PCIe power cable.

play crysis... other than that, I can't imagine it really being a necessary upgrade. I'm probably going to wait 'til the mid-cycle refresh of this thing comes out (GTX 290?), mostly because I just upgraded to my 9800GTX in April and my budget is tighter than usual (gas prices and whatnot).

in the 9800gx2 review, kyle said (or whoever wrote it) that all 9xxx (gtx2xx) series cards will light up when they have power.

Go read it for a better answer to your question.

There are shots of the card running, it's not LEDDED.

Which, btw, thank god. LED's on cards = Me no purchase.

9800-seires.jpg

Could you explain that please? Is it aesthetics or some functional thing that bothers you? Just curious.

I'm curious as well, I could care less if it has LED's or a jolly green giant sticker on the heatsink , if it performs good and has a good price, I'm buying it!

seriously, if the LEDs bother you that much, you can always cover 'em up w/ electrical tape or something

Befor to long we'll need a private power station just to feed the new vid cards and the 6 x 160mm fans to keep the case cool.

where did this concept that a fan draws alot of power come from? A fan consumes a maximum of 4W.

I think there are some deltas that consume pretty close to 1A. 6 of those would be 72W, which isn't a small amount.

Could you explain that please? Is it aesthetics or some functional thing that bothers you? Just curious.

Well, the LED's will probably be the furthest thing away from my colour scheme... They'll be blue and green or something. The arch nemesis of my red/white LED lighting!

Other than that... They'll just catch my eye, seeing as the card is exactly at eye level, 1 foot to the left of my screen!

Additionally, I know it's not much, but if leaving off LED's could shave a dollar off the MSRP, I'd be for it. The design, implementation, special connector ports that light up, and the LED's themselves have to cost something. :eek:

I'm curious as well, I could care less if it has LED's or a jolly green giant sticker on the heatsink , if it performs good and has a good price, I'm buying it!

Well, I'm a modder at heart, an overclocker second, and a gamer third... I like my case where you can't see a single wire, barely a tube, and only some ambient lighting, with no light sources actually visible.

seriously, if the LEDs bother you that much, you can always cover 'em up w/ electrical tape or something

Well, of course that's what I'd do. I plan on Vmodding this beast too eventually, so I have no hesitation desoldering them, as well.

where did this concept that a fan draws alot of power come from? A fan consumes a maximum of 4W.

No-No, my friend... A fan can consume much, much more :D. I believe the fan on the R600 cards were specced at 24w. These side blowing fans tend to consume much more electricity than a center motor hub fan.

Yeah, I really don't care much about aesthetics so you'd really hate my sig rig. Looks like the 4th of July inside. White, red, green, blue, yellow. The S2E has a ton of lights on it of various colors.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for beauty, but I rip apart stuff so much that I just skip aesthetics as I'd be spending all my time with it. My office is destroyed right now trying to finish the sig rig, going to put it in full case when I go dual-SLI GTX 280, then I need to rebuild my Q6600 system and put in the the CM 690 case, then I need to move an Athlon 4800 X2+ system to my spare bedroom, run a cable drop in there, the list goes on.

Just not enough time!:p

Sexy casing, although I kind of miss seeing the nice coloured PCB. I especially liked ATI's red PCB's :'(

Arc, if you like modding, why not mod the LEDs to red or white, and use a low intensity led, and add a resistor so it matches the one included with the card ;).

Personally I'm a fan of blue. :p

My case is silver, so blue + silver looks tight. Not much for cable management though, I don't have a modular PSU or a removable motherboard tray. The window is more of a screen to let air out though, so it's all good. ;) Looks nice through the screen at least, with the cathodes lighting up my tubes and such.

You should see the bottom though, it's insane. >_<

--------

AAAnyway, about that card. Looks alright, I'm not a fan of the full cover cooling systems though, that thing looks just like that eVGA black case they sell on their highest clocked cards.

I'd just be taking it off and replacing it with some kind of waterblock anyway. :p

Doubt I'll upgrade until there's a game out there that needs it, so probably not until at least the refresh. 1 GB + 512 bus is sooooo freaking sexy though.

So the new card will be called GTX 280? Why not 10800 GTX or do nvidia like to keep the numbers from reaching high?

Back