GeForce GTX 1080 Ti to be announced later today

Status
Not open for further replies.
That monitor has me more excited :cat:.
http://videocardz.com/65369/asus-announces-swift-pg27uq-4k-ips-144hz-g-sync-monitor

My predictions:
1080 Ti release date around 2 weeks from now (January 20)
MSRP will be $699 with no FE
Prices on GTX 1070 and 1080 will drop $100 (FE will be $349 and $599, respectively)

Things to ponder:
Will this be a 780 Ti with a full fat chip, and a Titan X "Black" edition to be released later?
-Or will recent history hold and this will slot in just behind the Titan X within 5-7% of the latter's performance?
Will rumors turn out to be true that it's using GDDR5 instead of GDDR5X?
Is NVIDIA releasing this now because big Vega may be faster than the GTX 1080?

Edit: with -> within...

Last edited:
I'm going to say $800 with maybe a slight drop by $50 for a 1080. $900 for founders if they continue with it. I don't see Nvidia dropping prices much until Vega comes out and is competitive with a 1080.

The market won't bear it. Current product is starting to stockpile and 1070s and 1080s are already going down in price because of it. Competition isn't the only indicator of pricing.

If they do a price drop it isn't because of price, it is because no one is buying video cards. If no one is buying video cards, it would also affect AMD as well.

Basically right now Nvidia is only going to out price themselves, they have no one else to go against.

Let's hope it's 980ti price +$50 like the other cards from this gen, so $699ish. I have a feeling we'll be looking at more like $800 though. Maybe we'll get lucky and Vega will be competitive enough to keep the MSRP down.

We know there's a new Shield coming (via Videocardz). Also some new GSync monitors.
Still fuzzy on the 1080 Ti.

I'll be interested in it, can still swap out my gpu for the ti. I game at 4k so i might want to.

When is the press conference? It's like the world assumes I have an Nvidia Press Schedule burned into my forehead.

My 1080 hits 90 days on february 3rd.. please god release sooner than that so I can step up

The thing to think about is. Nvidia is doing a paper launch like AMD likes to do. Curious if this is in response to Vega. Otherwise there is no reason to release this card since Nvidia cannot even sell 1070/1080's right now. They are pilling up with chips

Last edited:
The thing to think about is. Nvidia is doing a paper launch like AMD likes to do. Curious if this is in response to Vega. Otherwise there is no reason to release this card since Nvidia cannot even sell 1070/1080's right now. They are pilling up with chips

I've had emails from etailers for 1080s which look suspiciously like stock clearances before getting the new models.

Stream keeps dropping on my phone, can't be bothered. I'll check back later.

It looks like it, but the cost seems to be a bit on the high side. Still, it is great to see!

I may be way off base and please correct me if i'm wrong (i'm not watching the stream, just reading the liveblog) but didn't something like that exist already? I can't remember the name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back