GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Reportedly Launching in Late March

Wish this would drop the prices of cards, but I doubt it will. They'll just give it an expensive ass price and everything else stays put. May still get a 1070 the first half of this year.

nVidia, thanks for letting us know when AMD is launching Vega!

I hope your Ti is not enough this time, the industry needs AMD to win this time round.

IDK, seems like a bit late to the game especially given the price tag. We might be too close to another iteration. Hopefully 1080 will come down but I'm really thinking to just hold off until next generation before finally upgrading. So far I'm not really hurting with dual 780's at 1600p. Only a few games I can't max out.

I'm exaggerating. I'm waiting to upgrade my Monitors until 4k 144hz is available and supported. I haven't been keeping tabs on reviews but it sounds like were not gonna be there any time soon. The ROG 4k 144hz isn't even out until Q3 apparently.

God I want that monitor. I'm holding off on video card upgrades until that monitor comes out and I see what the framerates are on end of the year/next years offerings.

I hope your Ti is not enough this time, the industry needs AMD to win this time round.

There is zero chance that 1080 Ti doesn't send Lisa Su and Raja, hand in hand, shuffling down the hall looking for toilet paper.

Last edited:
This has been rumoured for nearly a year. Nvidia says nothing but it's the sort of slight performance bump+cash grab they do each year.
So, we'll see. Wouldn't surprise me but I don't really care about the Ti until Vega is out and can compare them with beta drivers, while loudly proclaiming how much 3-5% faster the Nvidia card is every time. I hope Vega is faster, it'll make for some butthurt hilarity and competition.

Vega is rumored for May so why is Nvidia rushing the 1080ti for March?...unless Volta is coming soon to compete with Vega

It's almost time for the ultimate GeForce.

Almost TIme, get it?

Some might even say it's ABOUT TIME.

Last edited:
Wow, so nv and amd are gonna clash on the same day for big news. Though I'm not sure that Titan +/- 10% perf and a lower price really qualifies as big news, unless there's a refreshed architecture.

Reactions: N4CR
like this
Wow, so nv and amd are gonna clash on the same day for big news.

I hope not. Meaning the Red Balls demand for an AMD chip I hope supersedes any Green Balls demand from Nvidia. From Intel, we've have nothing but Blue Balls for years now. :(

Would be nice to see AMD literally get all the attention for a while. They could use it.

If this is 5-700$ it will be worth every penny.

Obviously it will probably cost more since you know, no competition. (And Nvidia's top end cards have been pricey since forever. )

No sense fantasizing about that. The price will be as high as they think they can possibly charge to maximize profit .... plus an extra $100 ... as a big FU to the desperate nerd hordes (like me).

I would have just built a x99 5820k system with dual 1080s water cooled lol and the 1080s are step ups from 1070s. All well it faster then he'll. I'll probably sit out the next or the next 2 video card gens. Unless they come out with a single card as fast as dual 1080s since games that support SLI are getting few and far between now days.

I would have just built a x99 5820k system with dual 1080s water cooled lol and the 1080s are step ups from 1070s. All well it faster then he'll. I'll probably sit out the next or the next 2 video card gens. Unless they come out with a single card as fast as dual 1080s since games that support SLI are getting few and far between now days.

Single card is the future. When I bought a Titan XM, I figured it would last me a few years, and then the Titan XP dropped and almost doubled the performance in RWT. On the upside, I now have a Titan XM and XP lol.

I kind of hope it's just a bunch of hype related to their release of the hot new 1030TI, the best bet for low-power 720p gaming!

Lol, I'd actually like that.

Ever since I bought my GT720's for my HTPC's I've been waiting for a newer low power GPU from Nvidia, as the 720's don't support hardware HEVC decoding.

Sadly, two generations of nothing new in the low/HTPC end likely means they decided that market wasn't worth their time :(

I am ready to step up from my GTX 980Ti. I just hope it will fit in my SG13 case.

I think its going to be a Titan XP replacement... "Ultimate Geforce" does not really fit in otherwise

Full fat GP100?

Guru 3D found this buried in the page source for that countdown page:

index.php

I went looking for it myself, but it looks like they caught their error and removed it.

Wither way, I'm thinking a 1080ti is probably they most likely outcome.

As for the "Ultimate Geforce" thing, that is weird. Maybe it's because they don't consider the Titan's to be part of the GeForce product family anymore? They are supposed to be more "machine learning" products?

Ultimate is a big word to throw around when Titan XP has been around a while. Maybe it's a reworked product, not quite like past 780 Ti / 980 Ti. Maybe it's Maybelline.

Well, I'm about to board the hype train. Metal in the background, TI clearly bold. Looks like Christmas in July to me :)

I'm thinking 1080ti paired with either Benq Zowie 1440p 144hz monitor or Dell 1440p gsync 144hz monitor is in my future....

Ultimate is a big word to throw around when Titan XP has been around a while. Maybe it's a reworked product, not quite like past 780 Ti / 980 Ti. Maybe it's Maybelline.

You guys are getting hung up on marketingwords and taking "ultimate" too literally.

1080 Ti will be glorious in any case. Vega well carry its water.

The crystals look amazingly like titanium crystals.

Either a Ti version or a new model with the name Titanium--saw something translated as such on a foreign website a few days back re: Nvidia's new release-thiink it might have been posted on HardOCP somewhere.

Last edited:
I had two 680's in SLI but when I bought the PG348Q I needed something stronger. Had a buddy get two Titan XP's and gave me his 980 Ti as a loaner, if the cost vs benefit for a Titan XP is still better then I'll swing for that. I just hope it's worth it's hype.

Maybe they'll do the "original Titan to 780Ti" thing again, and this new Ti variant would be better than the Titan(P) for games, but with lesser VRAM and some compute functionality locked off ("ULTIMATE" right?). Man, I'll be stocking up on popcorn for the coming days. Ryzen, Vega, 1080Ti, Volta (?)... it's gonna be a veritable tech orgy of benchmarks! Don't care who wins or loses, it'll be one heckova show. :D

as someone who is considering a new video card in the next month or so I'm having a hard time deciding if I should wait or not... eternal dilemma.. "will this push down prices on 1070/1060?" "will AMD drop prices further, or will they wait for their Vega launch" sigh...
Tell me about it. Even if prices do drop, who knows how long until they drop here in my country South Africa.

I upgraded from an E6750 to an i7-6700 (non-K) this past Black Friday, but I haven't seen any decent prices for 480/1060 graphics cards until this past week. Now I think that I'm going to replace my 6670 with the MSI Radeon RX 480 Gaming X 8GB for +- USD245 (The MSI 1060 6GB Gaming X 6GB is retailing for +-USD265.) I have a feeling that prices aren't going to drop.

If it has Titan beating performance, do we also expect a new Titan? I can't imagine they'd pull the rug from a higher profit item.

Edit: Oh, they're saying overclocked ones may beat Titan. Still, they'd know this, question mostly stands.

nvidia like to have titan every year. maybe we will get Titan X(P) Black just like the original GTX titan black. right now only Quadro P6000 use fully enabled GP102 core. so technically nvidia still have a room for another titan.

wait so even after the wait still no hbm2? :/

1080ti is only gonna matter for 4k gaming, doubt regular 1080gtx will have issues on 1080p. heck it can even do 4k at reasonable settings if you must.

even a while back people didn't really spend on getting 1080gtx, they went for 1070 for 1080p and it was good enough :X

does it really matter HBM or not if the performance was there?

As for the "Ultimate Geforce" thing, that is weird. Maybe it's because they don't consider the Titan's to be part of the GeForce product family anymore? They are supposed to be more "machine learning" products?

I feel like given the pricing and memory spec, Nvidia considers the Titans more like cheap workstation cards than high end gamer cards (or just purely a prestige product, there can't be much money in those), and I suspect that's where most of those sales go, even if they don't market them that way explicitly. I think the numbered cards are the ones they consider the "real" consumer range and the x80Ti has been the peak of that for a good while now.

nVidia, thanks for letting us know when AMD is launching Vega!

nvidia: we have been waiting for that to happen......since last year. right now we are waiting the for AMD to beat our fully enabled GP102 so the R&D we spend on 600mm2 GP112 are not wasted.

I keep getting amazed how some people are paying 2-3 times the price of a gaming console for a graphics card. And how Nvidia manages to pull their pricing off year after year.

I keep getting amazed how some people are paying 2-3 times the price of a gaming console for a graphics card. And how Nvidia manages to pull their pricing off year after year.

When you want the best, you want the best. I wouldn't pay it though. I just went with a 970. Cost $100 less than my PS4 Pro. Much less, if you include my PS VR setup with it. I try to keep myself at $300 for any single computer component.

Heh, I haven't booted my gaming computer in 2 months now. Maybe I became too old.

Back