GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Reportedly Launching in Late March

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Don’t shoot me because I’m just the messenger, but a translated Nordic Hardware article includes a claim that the 1080 Ti is dropping by March 20. For those who are unaware, Nvidia is hosting their GeForce GTX Gaming Celebration at the end of February, and many are assuming they may divulge more information during this event.

Nvidia is hosting its own event during GDC 2017, where we should hopefully see the GTX 1080 Ti unveiled - but what should we expect in terms of raw horsepower and specs? Well, it should be a Titan X at the end of the day, with some reduction in SMs, with 52 SMs, compared to 60 SMs found on the Titan X. This means we are to expect around 10.8 TFLOPs of performance, barely down from the 11 TFLOPs on Titan X. We should see AIB partners with tweaked and overclocked GTX 1080 Ti graphics cards, with Titan X beating performance - which is going to be a very, very big deal. The current rumored specs on the GeForce GTX 1080 Ti see Nvidia using the same 12GB of GDDR5X at 10Gbps, on a 384-bit memory bus that would provide 480GB/sec of memory bandwidth - the same configuration and specs of the Titan X, which costs $1199.

as someone who is considering a new video card in the next month or so I'm having a hard time deciding if I should wait or not... eternal dilemma.. "will this push down prices on 1070/1060?" "will AMD drop prices further, or will they wait for their Vega launch" sigh...

as someone who is considering a new video card in the next month .......sigh....

EVGA has a Step-Up program for consideration (I've used it, took 65 days to get new card, kept old one until they shipped). Qualifying card owners have 90 days from date of purchase to register for Step-Up. Although there is no guarantee that the 1080Ti will be added to the Step-Up Inventory List. So..... +1 on the sigh. :)

http://www.evga.com/support/stepup/

EVGA has a Step-Up program for consideration. Qualifying card owners have 90 days from date of purchase to register for Step-Up. Although there is no guarantee that the 1080Ti will be added to the Step-Up Inventory List. So..... +1 on the sigh. :)

hmmm interesting, the 1080ti is most likely out of my price range though - 1070 is probably highest I'd go though i'm considering a 1060 6gb or rx 470/480 8gb... need that vram! ;) thx

If it has Titan beating performance, do we also expect a new Titan? I can't imagine they'd pull the rug from a higher profit item.

Edit: Oh, they're saying overclocked ones may beat Titan. Still, they'd know this, question mostly stands.

hmmm interesting, the 1080ti is most likely out of my price range though - 1070 is probably highest I'd go though i'm considering a 1060 6gb or rx 470/480 8gb... need that vram! ;) thx

Find someone upgrading and buy their slightly loved 1080 ;)

I think I have three 1080s, four TitanX Maxwells, a 1070, 1060, and many 980Tis and 980s so I don't NEED new cards . . .but I am not going to turn them away. I do want the fastest to pair with the 6950x processors though. arggg

as someone who is considering a new video card in the next month or so I'm having a hard time deciding if I should wait or not... eternal dilemma.. "will this push down prices on 1070/1060?" "will AMD drop prices further, or will they wait for their Vega launch" sigh...

I love these posts. Rule of thumb is if you are waiting for the next big thing you will always be waiting for the next big thing in this industry...

I literally just bought a GTX 1080 and Kabylake. FIRST RYZEN LEAKS AND NOW THIS.

post-55902-son-of-a-bitch-gif-Imgur-Tumbl-sOAG.gif

wait so even after the wait still no hbm2? :/

1080ti is only gonna matter for 4k gaming, doubt regular 1080gtx will have issues on 1080p. heck it can even do 4k at reasonable settings if you must.

even a while back people didn't really spend on getting 1080gtx, they went for 1070 for 1080p and it was good enough :X

How coincidental is that ?? Isn't that around the time that AMD will be releasing their Vega ??

Another reason Vega better be fucking phenomenal. AMD seems to be stuck in that rut of releasing shit too late.

You're still fine with the 7700k. Everyone knew ryzen and vega/1080ti was coming out soon.

I'm exaggerating. I'm waiting to upgrade my Monitors until 4k 144hz is available and supported. I haven't been keeping tabs on reviews but it sounds like were not gonna be there any time soon. The ROG 4k 144hz isn't even out until Q3 apparently.

I'm exaggerating. I'm waiting to upgrade my Monitors until 4k 144hz is available and supported. I haven't been keeping tabs on reviews but it sounds like were not gonna be there any time soon. The ROG 4k 144hz isn't even out until Q3 apparently.
So... lets say you have a 1440 27" already that you like.

Upgrade to 4k or throw down on a nice vr set? I'd assume they're around the same price.

So... lets say you have a 1440 27" already that you like.

Upgrade to 4k or throw down on a nice vr set? I'd assume they're around the same price.

Well thats the rub. If I go 4k thats X3 as I run surround. So when I go 4k I'm not blowing $1000 itll be more like $3000 which I'm not excited about. With VR I want a HTC Vive but I'm not quite ready. I've seen some really neat things. There's a game out now thats basically "Dead Island" but it's kind of in Alpha like most good VR games. I'll end up getting a VR set before 4k, but I wanna give it a few months.

heh guys i'll hold off from buying my gfx cards for a bit longer

How much longer? Vega longer Volta longer? I'm carrying over my 680's until the ti or Pascal refresh (or whatever the rumor mill wants to call it.) But a purchase in time is all we have to go on. Buy at a point in time. There's ALWAYS something better 'down the road.'

wait so even after the wait still no hbm2? :/

1080ti is only gonna matter for 4k gaming, doubt regular 1080gtx will have issues on 1080p. heck it can even do 4k at reasonable settings if you must.

even a while back people didn't really spend on getting 1080gtx, they went for 1070 for 1080p and it was good enough :X

1080ti is still a pipe dream and it would be 'relevant' to any one seeking higher refresh rates than the 60hz standard

No. If the last generation was any indicator, it won't affect their lower end. Only AMD doing a price war is likely to influence that. If it's Nvidia's own ship, they'll ride it out long.

so glad i waited to upgrade ... any thing..hmm and right in time for my tax refund this year ..

I literally just bought a GTX 1080 and Kabylake. FIRST RYZEN LEAKS AND NOW THIS.

post-55902-son-of-a-bitch-gif-Imgur-Tumbl-sOAG.gif

i was going to buy a 1080 and a system upgrade with taxes then irs made me send in some paper work they might of saved me some money by making me wait longer lol.

I bought 2x EVGA GTX 1080 FTW in late January thinking that I could do the 90 day step up program. So, I'm crossing my fingers I can do it for the 1080 Ti's.

This is music to my ears, was tossing around buying a GTX1080 for my PG348, looks like I'll hold out for this!

If this is 5-700$ it will be worth every penny.

Obviously it will probably cost more since you know, no competition. (And Nvidia's top end cards have been pricey since forever. )

Back